According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they dont play, I guess I understand (although it sucks, to me as a fan). But I think Axl and Slash will play again some day. I think they just wanna diffuse any drama before it can possibly happen. If they do anything together, it'll be on their watch.

Personally...I'm somewhat expecting something similar to the Creedence Clearwater Revival induction.

Not sure how many of you know about the band's history,but there was a LOT of animosity.

Pretty much between the rest of the band...and the guy up front (sound familiar?).

If you've got a few minutes to spare...watch the clip below.

Watch the facial expressions,the body language.,the three guys to the left acknowledging each other..and "up front guy" pretty much ignoring the others.

Watch the face of the guy far left when "up front guy" (John Fogerty) speaks..for those who aren't familiar with the band,he's the second guy to speak.

The whole thing is cold and awkward and quite frankly,couldn't end soon enough.

Fogerty jammed a few songs later...without the rest of the band.

I suspect Slash will be that guy (and perhaps Duff).

There was no great reunion tour,no new music or cd's.

No mending of old wounds.

Just some thank yous at the podium and everyone went their ways.

Expecting anything more than that from GnR is setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

Mind you...I'd love to see it play out in an entirely different manner. B)

Axl has to start trying to change how others perceive him.

No, no and no. That is a losing battle. People have already long since made up their minds about him one way or another. So, there is no point. Furthermore, no matter what he were to do, there would always be some faction that would not change their perceptions no matter what. He is who he is. Either you accept it or don't. If he wants to change, that's his call. It's not anyone here's call to tell him he needs to change. But, like I said, I think it is a no-win proposition and ultimately pointless.

Ali

It seems that its extremelyyyyy easy to slap GN'R fans in the face. If Axl doesnt show up to the HOF, its a slap in the face. If he does but doesnt sing, its a slap in the face. If he sings, it will still be a slap in the face because there will be no reunion after.

There are no slap-free options. No matter what Axl does, somebody will find a way to feel slapped.

I wonder how he got himself into such a situation?

By moving on after people quit the band. I'm sure that too was planned as a slap in the face for the fans because apparently every time Axl draws a breath, its carefully designed as an insult to the fans. There's never any other conceivable motive for any of his actions.

Edited by rabia

Future Rock Legend - TWITTER

#RockHall2012 News roundup:

RHCP's John Frusciante - OUT

GNR performance - OUT

Smokey Robinson - IN

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame musical director, Paul Shaffer, confirms Guns N' Roses will NOT be performing at the induction ceremony.

Is there something so wrong with not performing, thereby showing respect to the guys who are currently in the band and in some (most) cases have been involved with GNR longer than those the Hall wants to put on a pedestal?

How would it be disrespectful to the current band for the band being inducted to perform together? If it weren't for those original members, the current band wouldn't exist today.. They owe the fact that they can play stadium gigs in South America to the original band, and if it weren't for them, these "up close and personal" gigs they've done would be the best they could do. This band is piggy-backing on the success of the original, and for anyone to feel disrespected because of a performance of the original band as they were inducted into the HOF would be absurd.

GNR performance - OUT

Smokey Robinson - IN

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame musical director, Paul Shaffer, confirms Guns N' Roses will NOT be performing at the induction ceremony.

With is this?

Guest gunns5

GNR performance - OUT

Smokey Robinson - IN

and there you have it

Look at all of the bullshit in this thread. Ya'll should be happy that Axl and Dizzy are fucking SHOWING UP considering how many of us were pretty unsure they'd be together. You're gonna see them onstage accept an award, AXL ROSE AND SLASH IN THE SAME ROOM. ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME?! YOU'RE UPSET ABOUT THAT?!! Be fuckin' happy. I'd love a performance as well but for fuck's sake, you people always want more.

Dizzy? No one gives a shit about Dizzy when it comes to the HoF. lol

But I agree with you. I'll be happy if they just share the stage to accept the award.

Guest gunns5

Itw-2012 Brang up a good point

" Axl won't play new music with the new band, and he won't play old music with the old "

I think Axl will show a bit more class than a lot of people give him credit for (Unless they have tortured and killed a member of your close family who really has the energy to keep such hatred alive from the mid nineties?) Slash has even said that things are o.k now.

A song or two would be nice but a few handshakes and a bit of water under the bridge would be even better. Then everyone can get on with their own projects.

It would be nice, for once for GNR to not be shown to the world as a complete clusterfuck mess and have everyone behave as adults.

" Axl won't play new music with the new band, and he won't play old music with the old "

Axl is playing new music...or does Chinese Democracy not count in your books as well? The current band is trying to promote the album and id say with their awesome shows that it is a success. Clearly Axl just wants to get CD out there and is trying to promote himself by putting on awesome shows with the new material in it. I also think new music will come when it is financially right to do so by the band. All this touring isn't just so Axl can wipe his ass with money rolls. He loves to play music, that will never change. We will get new music pretty soon me thinks, just as soon as The time is right.

Axl is playing new music...or does Chinese Democracy not count in your books as well? The current band is trying to promote the album and id say with their awesome shows that it is a success. Clearly Axl just wants to get CD out there and is trying to promote himself by putting on awesome shows with the new material in it. I also think new music will come when it is financially right to do so by the band. All this touring isn't just so Axl can wipe his ass with money rolls. He loves to play music, that will never change. We will get new music pretty soon me thinks, just as soon as The time is right.

To answer your question, no I dont think Chinese Democracy music does count as new. In that the material is at best between 4-15 years old

Guest gunns5

To answer your question, no I dont think Chinese Democracy music does count as new. In that the material is at best between 4-15 years old

Chinese Democracy does count, its my favourite GnR album actually, but im talking about new music, not music that has been played live for the past 7 + years at the very latest.

Yes that may be true. But it hardly put into perspective the reality of the situation. The reality is Chinese Democracy was released in late 2008. Up until that point, only a handful of people had heard that material. And that's including the songs played during the erratic touring up until that point. Now after CD is released they start out by playing almost the entire cd in japan! Trust me CD is what is being promoted right now by the band, as it is still gaining popularity amongst fans. That is the reality of it.

Yes that may be true. But it hardly put into perspective the reality of the situation. The reality is Chinese Democracy was released in late 2008. Up until that point, only a handful of people had heard that material. And that's including the songs played during the erratic touring up until that point. Now after CD is released they start out by playing almost the entire cd in japan! Trust me CD is what is being promoted right now by the band, as it is still gaining popularity amongst fans. That is the reality of it.

No that is plainly not the reality of it. This is nonsense. CD has peaked Axl and GNR could tour it for the next 20 years and it wont become more popular.

Let me tell you that I love CD but im not a fool.

No that is plainly not the reality of it. This is nonsense. CD has peaked Axl and GNR could tour it for the next 20 years and it wont become more popular.

Let me tell you that I love CD but im not a fool.

Listen to some bootlegs of recent! You can hear fans singing the new material! Clearly you are a fool because right now GnR is gaining popularity among the public once again. Articles loving the new stuff! Best Touring act of 2011! I remember in 2010 the new songs were received with almost silence. Cause no one knew them!!!! Please don't argue with me on this one cuz you have no proof!

Edited by SuperBlaine

If this statement is true then I interpret it as Guns n Roses (meaning nu-Guns) aren't performing. Doesn't mean Slash and co won't perform together with Axl.

This. It says Guns N' Roses and Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven aren't technically Guns N' Roses anymore. I don't see how anybody could know before the actual inductees do.

Someone should ask Slash or Duff.

If this statement is true then I interpret it as Guns n Roses (meaning nu-Guns) aren't performing. Doesn't mean Slash and co won't perform together with Axl.

This. It says Guns N' Roses and Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven aren't technically Guns N' Roses anymore. I don't see how anybody could know before the actual inductees do.

I think you guys are over thinking it. Everyone pretty much already knew that the new line up will not be playing. Dontcha think Del would have specifically said that the NEW line up will not be performing?

Edited by Chloe

I agree with this...Just wait and see. Because as far as we know there has been no communication!

I hope nobody plays. RHOF is a piece of shit.