Common fakes...

username

alright peeps....i downloaded a version of dance the night away that said it was guns n roses. so i gave it a listen and i swear on my leg that it is indeed axl singing. but my friend insists that he knows axl and it is not. anyone know for sure?

I know exactly what you're talkin' about. No it's not him singing.

• 2 years later...
Crash Diet (cover, but sounds good. There is a real version too.)

I know 2 versions.

- The real one, done by guns n roses. For more info: http://home.no.net/dalgnr/info/other/crashd.htm

- A fake one by a cover band pretending to be GnR. This version has a lot better sound quality. But sadly it's fake.

ow yeah...and about Dust In The Wind, no there is no studio version I think. Lot's of live versions done on the '93 leg of the UYI tour. also check: http://home.no.net/dalgnr/info/intros/dustinthewind.htm

About White Christmas....yeah I think there was a topic about it here long ago. It was fake... When you listen carefully, you can indeed hear some non-axl things about it...

Dude, i'm sorry but there is no nice way of saying this...

As a reporter, you really need to get your facts straight. There are two versions of crash diet, yes. One is a demo that was never released by GN'R, but the other is NOT a GN'R tribute band pretending to be GN'R. It's by a band called Ashphalt Ballet and Axl actually does sing backup on that song for them. Ashphalt ballet was a band that sung 80's styled music but didnt come into the scene until the 90's, so despite being a great band, they never made it big.

there are a two versions of Dust in the wind, one being a canvas cover, which is real and another that is a different song alltogether, but is also real.

Crash Diet (cover, but sounds good. There is a real version too.)

I know 2 versions.

- The real one, done by guns n roses. For more info: http://home.no.net/dalgnr/info/other/crashd.htm

- A fake one by a cover band pretending to be GnR. This version has a lot better sound quality. But sadly it's fake.

ow yeah...and about Dust In The Wind, no there is no studio version I think. Lot's of live versions done on the '93 leg of the UYI tour. also check: http://home.no.net/dalgnr/info/intros/dustinthewind.htm

About White Christmas....yeah I think there was a topic about it here long ago. It was fake... When you listen carefully, you can indeed hear some non-axl things about it...

Dude, i'm sorry but there is no nice way of saying this...

As a reporter, you really need to get your facts straight. There are two versions of crash diet, yes. One is a demo that was never released by GN'R, but the other is NOT a GN'R tribute band pretending to be GN'R. It's by a band called Ashphalt Ballet and Axl actually does sing backup on that song for them. Ashphalt ballet was a band that sung 80's styled music but didnt come into the scene until the 90's, so despite being a great band, they never made it big.

there are a two versions of Dust in the wind, one being a canvas cover, which is real and another that is a different song alltogether, but is also real.

You're right about Crash Diet. Notice this thread is 2,5 years old though. I wasn't a reporter back then and even if I was everybody makes mistakes. Buit thanks for pointing that out. I'll add that bit about Asphalt Ballet to the FAQ because it's not in there yet.

You're wrong about Dust In The Wind. GnR, by my knowlage, never did the Kansas version, ever. If you can let me hear it it'd be nice though. The version they did do live is by Todd Rundgren and I might point out that is in the FAQ section. Again...2,5 years old.

I don't dig up every post I ever made to notice if there might be mistakes in that I didn't know about then but I do now.

haha, sorry man, i didnt realize how old it was until i posted.

I'm almost sure they did do a kanvas cover, of DITW, just not a complete. There are so many fakes of it, its hard to find.

May 29 2004, 06:05 PM Post #9

Prostitute IS it real?

White Christmas

There Was A Time

The Powers That Be

My Fellow Americans

Livin' Loud

Somethin' 4 Nothin'

Cry for me baby

Strip Bar

Catcher in the Rye

IRS

Cock-A-Roach Soup

Back in 2004 were there rumours about songs called catcher in the rye and there was a time, I can't remember? Someone remember where these rumours were coming from?

Interesting that some of the above mentioned songs turned out to be real!

Edited by misch