Daily Mail: What's happened to Axl Rose's face? Guns N' Roses frontman looks bloated performing to non sell-out crowd.

SMG

To be fair, if you haven't seen Axl since the 90s and you saw him for the first time now, it would be kind of shocking. It's less of a big deal for those of us who have seen him every step of the way over the last 6 years.

Still, retarded article. He looks a lot better now than he did from 2002-2006 with the stupid braids.

I like his '06 look. :)

I really liked that look on him too once I'd gotten used to braids :) His clothing style was badass back then. I do like his current look as well, it's just a shame he covers up with big jackets, hats and sunglasses so much.

• Like 1

He is not bloated, I don't get where people are getting that from. He isn't a skinny rail like he was back in 92 but he is far from the out of shape person they make him out to be. And he still jumps around on stage and gives a lot of energy.

Exactly. Last night, during Better, Axl went into the wings, and you could see him jumping even in the wings. The man is in shape.

Yeah, last night the thing that actually stood out to me was how all of the reports of him being fat is just totall bullshit lol

LOL - He wore the Yellow trenchcoat to cover his weight gain.

It was raining douche.

It's not only that but this quote from the article: "Last December Axl covered up his larger frame in a bright yellow jacket at the Rock In Rio music festival."

Why is it so hard for these "journalists" to check their facts?

:rofl-lol:

By "Daily Mail Reporter"?

This must be the "so-called writer" that set the tirade off.

Anyway - Favorite photo.

432051_10150668198243069_10901008068_9255141_1266325783_n.jpg

Aww this is just the loveliest photo, often wondered what tolerance he has to kids seeing as he has none of his own.

Or doesn't he??????? Lots of baby batter dropped back in the day hehe. I wonder as well, is it easy to have tolerance or not when one has or don't have kids.

As for him, hey the night is still young, but then again, that's his business.

And chris it isn't hard, they just put that part in in order to set him off (I know it seems crazy to think, and accusing of every journo that doesn't like him to be that bias) still, I wonder what do they did will be accomplished from this or any other Kartrashian/Katie $rice/Winehouse article they published over the years? Do this think it'll make him reunite with a certain few, well they're failing miserably then :tongue2:

besides I thought this was already posted elsewhere

wait I think either I did or/and someone else did in the l.a. forum or something......., my brain is fried

yes I have one to fry lol :xmasssanta:

By "Daily Mail Reporter"?

This must be the "so-called writer" that set the tirade off.

Anyway - Favorite photo.

432051_10150668198243069_10901008068_9255141_1266325783_n.jpg

Aww this is just the loveliest photo, often wondered what tolerance he has to kids seeing as he has none of his own.

I think he'd spoil his kids, and would want to be a good role model for them. Trent Reznor had his kid a year or two ago, and it played a part in why NIN stopped touring.

Suck it! He is probaly pissed because DJ is not gay.

Nasty behind, you lol!

(and no for the rest don't interpret in that another way ftr)

btw what concert was that pic from?

Edited by Nicc

To be fair, if you haven't seen Axl since the 90s and you saw him for the first time now, it would be kind of shocking. It's less of a big deal for those of us who have seen him every step of the way over the last 6 years.

Still, retarded article. He looks a lot better now than he did from 2002-2006 with the stupid braids.

I like his '06 look. :)

Axl could lose 20 pounds etc, and look like he did in 2006. He's aged really good actually. I mean, you can't judge anyone from performance photos, especially where you're sweaty and look like you're hammering it out in the gym or in the sack. Everyone looks different and not at their best, or as Eddie Murphy would say, everyone's "fuck face" they develop.

Axl's main issue is he is a little overweight and bloated, and that may certainly be from age. When you start hitting those ages, all kinds of annoying medical issues can come up, like thyroid or other issues that would make you gain weight etc. That's probably what it is, considering he gets more exercise performing than most athletes do.

Axl could lose 20 pounds etc, and look like he did in 2006. He's aged really good actually. I mean, you can't judge anyone from performance photos, especially where you're sweaty and look like you're hammering it out in the gym or in the sack. Everyone looks different and not at their best, or as Eddie Murphy would say, everyone's "fuck face" they develop.

Axl's main issue is he is a little overweight and bloated, and that may certainly be from age. When you start hitting those ages, all kinds of annoying medical issues can come up, like thyroid or other issues that would make you gain weight etc. That's probably what it is, considering he gets more exercise performing than most athletes do.

axl never led too much of an excessive lifestyle by rock star standards (certainly slash and co. seemed more regularly hammered), but by almost all accounts he has odd living habits (nocturnal, chugging energy drinks, partying after shows). plus - and this isn't a dig, it's simply in my opinion pretty blatant - he did have some questionable work done on himself in the late '90s (remember that NBA interview?), if not a lot of surgery then certainly chemical peels, botox, etc. when you get that stuff done you can tend to look a little 'puffy' years down the road. he looks pretty much how i'd expect based on his lifestyle and everything, but the one thing i'll point out is that he seems genuinely happy on this tour, which is something i haven't sensed in a while. even in '06 there were times where it felt like he wasn't really ready for his big comeback and it was more of a promoter/managerial push.

Axl hasn't aged as well as other rockers like Bon Jovi, Eddie Vedder, Anthony Kiedis & others about the same age - this is obvious and a fact for most people. If he was more into keeping fit (no beer belly for instance) he'd only have to gain, on his health and on his on-stage stamina.

That being said he's still one hell of a front-man and keeps being one of the most charismatic rock voices ever. Nothing can change that.

This x 1,000.

Took some "casual" rock fans to the Orlando show back in October. All were fairly surprised by how Axl looked b/c they hadn't really seen him in 17 years (though they had some vague idea that he had had dreads at some point). However, by 6-7 songs in they said they all adjusted and began to think he looked pretty good for his age. By the House of Blues Orlando show- not a word was mentioned about his appearance. It's just a bit of an adjustment process IMHO related to the fact that Axl was "frozen in time" in his late 20s/early 30s for so many people all these years. He's aged- as everyone does- but he's hardly Meatloaf or Chris Farley in spandex or whatever these stupid articles want you to believe...

Fuck "journalists" like this...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

It's not really journalists like this, it's the whole of The Daily Mail is like this.

Somewhere in all this right wing dogma there's some kind of insane moralistic stand they take which of course they completely contradict on the next page. In a cliched way they are just looking for spoiled celebs acting out or down to earth soap stars dying of cancer. For example, there'll be a story on front page look how fat such and such is, then page 2 the evils of anorexia. with not even a glimmer in the eye. but I loves it though. what it really means is that Axl is back on top.

It's not really journalists like this, it's the whole of The Daily Mail is like this.

Somewhere in all this right wing dogma there's some kind of insane moralistic stand they take which of course they completely contradict on the next page. In a cliched way they are just looking for spoiled celebs acting out or down to earth soap stars dying of cancer. For example, there'll be a story on front page look how fat such and such is, then page 2 the evils of anorexia. with not even a glimmer in the eye. but I loves it though. what it really means is that Axl is back on top.

Which gets me, they don't even care they sending double messages out from one side of the mouth to the other. One sec "you're too fat" and the next "you need some meat/anorexic" (the last quote usually happens when it can no longer be ignored as an potential health issue) and no it's other so called journos who stop at nothing to point out how he's aged and this and that. Too many unfortunately so this is why folks at Artist direct seems as if they over compensate to many, a bit with their praising reviews, it seems one has to in order to be a diamond in the rough (sp?) sorta speak. Besides he's what we call "stout" down south not fat lol!

Edited by Nicc