COMA is the greatest song Guns N' Roses ever recorded

OTHAFA

saying the greatest of something all depends on how you should evaluate it as and weigh each variable at. Like does musical or social/fame influence matter? If so no GNR songs could hang with the likes of Sweet Child, Jungle, and Paradise City. Coma is one of the better songs, but i have no idea what i would say it the absolute best.

I do think Coma is really underrated by non hardcore GNR fans, maybe its just that non hardcore fans dont know of the lesser known non single GNR songs. But it does seem that the hardcore GNR fans give it respect. I kind of have also put Coma along the lines of Breakdown and Locomotive as the most underrated GNR songs that are all kinda of eccentric in their own way. I can never get enough of Coma's outro it's just so badass as i think most people think, didnt even Axl say he likes it and that it was hard for him to write?

Edited by amacfantasy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Estranged, November Rain, Locomotive and Coma = No band will ever be able to write songs like these. I wouldn't like to call them 'songs', they're anthems to me.

Locomotive and Coma are probably my 2 favorite songs of UYI. Just so intense, with so many ups and downs, really making you feel the song...locomotive has some of the most awesome guitar work by slash, and the composition of the song is so awesome too...they were at their creative peak at that time, IMO.

Axl and Slash at their best. I wonder how long this song was in the works? I don't think either one of them will ever be able to make something that even touches this song ever again. What a masterpiece.

The last two minutes of the song always gives me chills. rock2

Completely agree. I have never heard a song that comes close to Coma.