Can we just get the next album's title?

Kaneda

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there really is a market for a DELUXE edition of CD. which could be like CD II. Something separate from where Ron and Dj will go with it. They seem retro futuristic to me, they want to make a back to basics record for 3018.

You don't make an album like Chinese Democracy without having a sequel in the works.

Why would you make a sequel to something that was largely ignored by a majority of people. If I were Axl, I'm not sure I'd want to associate any new music with the period that was Chinese Democracy. If Chinese Democracy had blown up then yeah, this might make sense.

Would you suggest the same with the movie John Carter?

The only reason why it was "largely ignored" was because a certain guitarist wasn't on the album. Also add the fact that Axl or the record company (who knows?) decided to not promote it effectively.

The only people I see that gave Chinese Democracy a negative review don't even mention the music.

And I don't see why Axl can't release music for the people who want to hear it. Screw the masses, alot of media and people who can't move on don't like GN'R anymore, put out music for the fans who are still with GN'R.

You don't make an album like Chinese Democracy without having a sequel in the works.

Why would you make a sequel to something that was largely ignored by a majority of people. If I were Axl, I'm not sure I'd want to associate any new music with the period that was Chinese Democracy. If Chinese Democracy had blown up then yeah, this might make sense.

Would you suggest the same with the movie John Carter?

The only reason why it was "largely ignored" was because a certain guitarist wasn't on the album. Also add the fact that Axl or the record company (who knows?) decided to not promote it effectively.

The only people I see that gave Chinese Democracy a negative review don't even mention the music.

And I don't see why Axl can't release music for the people who want to hear it. Screw the masses, alot of media and people who can't move on don't like GN'R anymore, put out music for the fans who are still with GN'R.

Regardless of whether you think Chinese Democracy received a fair shake, the fact is that as a brand it's bad news. Why associate upcoming/new/fresh music with a brand that has negative connotations. The band might have gotten away with it had they released a "sequel" the following year, but we're now almost three and a half years out from Chinese Democracy's release.

Chinese Democracy is an album that became a punch line for almost anything that missed its release window, and hence relevance, by a country mile. The only people caught up with the album and the songs left off of it are in forum boards, which can't be that many.

I'm just speaking from a marketing/branding point of view. You don't associate something that's new with what was perceived by most as a flop or a joke. The album will sell because it has Guns N' Roses on it, not because it associates itself with an album that most people took a pass on.

Chinese Democracy II would be a cool title IMO. Even though the first one was a commercial disappointment, there's still a lot of mystique around the 'Chinese Era' and the laundry list of unreleased songs that have still yet to be heard. I could see it selling well if the label gets behind a good single.

The Legend Of The **Red** Panda

yeah, the ebay bootleg of this would feature the live cover of Sailing 11 times and the album cover would be Roseanne Barr looking angry with Guns n' roses written in the top corner and Legend Of The Red Panda written over her eyes

starting bid $500

Chinese Democracy II would be a cool title IMO. Even though the first one was a commercial disappointment, there's still a lot of mystique around the 'Chinese Era' and the laundry list of unreleased songs that have still yet to be heard. I could see it selling well if the label gets behind a good single.

Disagree. I think it's time to get rid of the Chinese theme already. There is props and videowall with those Chinese style since 2001 already.

Disagree. I think it's time to get rid of the Chinese theme already. There is props and videowall with those Chinese style since 2001 already.

They need to get rid of the Chinese Democracy theme because they have to show people they moved on. The name Chinese Democracy will only get them more pain in the ass, from both the fans and the media. Chinese Democracy should've ended in 2010. This new decade needs something fresh. Gimme a self-titled album or something completely new. Monstrosity, Zodiac or Soul Monster seem like good titles.

CD II would be optimal for me as it would be the direct sequel to CD I as most of the sessions(if you can call them that) were done in the same era. Although they could call it "dogshit in a case" and I would still buy it. Several times.

CD II would be optimal for me as it would be the direct sequel to CD I as most of the sessions(if you can call them that) were done in the same era. Although they could call it "dogshit in a case" and I would still buy it. Several times.

Haha, this!