Greatest Hits back on US charts

rylz

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people who buy that CD are not Guns N' Roses fans.

I bought it. I'm a Guns N' Roses fan.

:rolleyes:

cha ching for slash and duff on GH sales from 2012 guns n roses fans

:rofl-lol:

I bought it in 2004... :rolleyes:

cha ching for slash and duff on GH no matter when anybody bought it

So nobody should buy any GN'R album except for Chinese Democracy?

Go cupcake somewhere else.

GH has always sold very well. Its for the casual fan that doesn't know much about GN'R but really dig WTTJ, SCOM or whatever and wants to explore more GN'R stuff.

the casual fan. but what about chinese democracy? how could GH always sell more than CD? pretty embarrassing 4 axl rose and camp. victory 4 slash and duff

I need a cupcake spray.

you need the royalties slash and duff get every day off GH sales. sales chinese democracy dream 2 have. cha ching

The Greatest Hits album is a monster sales wise. The tracklisting sucks but for some reason it keeps popping back up into the charts every 6 months or so. The record label must be very pleased. I think when they cut funding to Chinese Democracy and found the Greatest Hits to be a big success, they washed their hands with Axl's big plans for Guns... The Greatest Hits only needed packaging and distribution expenses, the tracks were unaltered to my knowledge, so it would have been a very nice profit margin.

The greatest hits album was a monster sales wise because the music was great. It's just that plain and simple. Good music still sells. There Is a reason that CD didn't do well and I will leave that subject alone and let others draw there own conclusions as to the reason why It didn't sell and why the majority of the fans sit down at concerts when the new material Is played.

If people weren't freeloading their music, GNR Greatest Hits would prob. rival Eagles 71-75 and Dark Side of the Moon as best selling album of all time. It comes down to it being over a decade since "TSI?" as to why it was released, and one soundtrack song to show for it.

Had he put an EP out, something at least, it prob. wouldn't have been released.

Even if the band hated it, it still put money in their pockets, and a good intro for kids to hear the most familiar stuff, in hopes that they'll get the discography.

But you can tell Geffen stopped with that. They could've done the "Icons" series, which is just budget bin stuff. To me, just sell your shit in Hallmark at that point next to the new age CDs. Nirvana agreed to it. GNR also agreed to the lullaby for babies music, which David Lee Roth's sister runs. That's pretty cool in a way - exposing the toddlers to the melodies...

The Greatest Hits album is a monster sales wise. The tracklisting sucks but for some reason it keeps popping back up into the charts every 6 months or so. The record label must be very pleased. I think when they cut funding to Chinese Democracy and found the Greatest Hits to be a big success, they washed their hands with Axl's big plans for Guns... The Greatest Hits only needed packaging and distribution expenses, the tracks were unaltered to my knowledge, so it would have been a very nice profit margin.

The greatest hits album was a monster sales wise because the music was great. It's just that plain and simple. Good music still sells. There Is a reason that CD didn't do well and I will leave that subject alone and let others draw there own conclusions as to the reason why It didn't sell and why the majority of the fans sit down at concerts when the new material Is played.

If people weren't freeloading their music, GNR Greatest Hits would prob. rival Eagles 71-75 and Dark Side of the Moon as best selling album of all time. It comes down to it being over a decade since "TSI?" as to why it was released, and one soundtrack song to show for it.

Had he put an EP out, something at least, it prob. wouldn't have been released.

Even if the band hated it, it still put money in their pockets, and a good intro for kids to hear the most familiar stuff, in hopes that they'll get the discography.

But you can tell Geffen stopped with that. They could've done the "Icons" series, which is just budget bin stuff. To me, just sell your shit in Hallmark at that point next to the new age CDs. Nirvana agreed to it. GNR also agreed to the lullaby for babies music, which David Lee Roth's sister runs. That's pretty cool in a way - exposing the toddlers to the melodies...

lullaby for babies music. very freaky stuff

There's not that many good albums from the 2000's. No album from the 2000's is good enough to make the top ten or probably even top 20 albums list of the 90's.

Three words: Brave New World.

Also, Crack the Skye is a fantastic album. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I don't take Iron Maiden seriously.

There's not that many good albums from the 2000's. No album from the 2000's is good enough to make the top ten or probably even top 20 albums list of the 90's.

Three words: Brave New World.

Correct answer.

I would also have accepted A Matter of Life and Death.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I consider Chinese Democracy to be the BEST album of the 2000's. Nothing comes close.

:rofl-lol:

I know, I read it too. :lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It's probably in my top ten from the 2000's as well. That being said, I'm not sure that there is 10 albums from the 2000's that I like.

Hm, thinking about it, it would probably be top 20 at least.

I think Chinese democracy is the greatest collection of music ever created by homosapiens ever. At the end of the day, people will think "Bach, Beethoven, Sgt. Peppers, and Chinese democracy." CD makes AFD look like Nickelback. I think we are lucky to be experiencing and witnessing Axl Rose in his prime right now, it's like getting to watch Michael Jordan in the 90's. Sheer magic.

I think Chinese democracy is the greatest collection of music ever created by homosapiens ever. At the end of the day, people will think "Bach, Beethoven, Sgt. Peppers, and Chinese democracy." CD makes AFD look like Nickelback. I think we are lucky to be experiencing and witnessing Axl Rose in his prime right now, it's like getting to watch Michael Jordan in the 90's. Sheer magic.

I consider Chinese Democracy to be the best album of all time, by any band in any era or genre.

How the hell did you all manage to type that in a straitjacket? Skills indeed! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dazey

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Axl in his prime :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I was always waiting for the day when I knew I truly liked you. That day has come.