Greatest Hits back on US charts

rylz

I think Chinese democracy is the greatest collection of music ever created by homosapiens ever. At the end of the day, people will think "Bach, Beethoven, Sgt. Peppers, and Chinese democracy." CD makes AFD look like Nickelback. I think we are lucky to be experiencing and witnessing Axl Rose in his prime right now, it's like getting to watch Michael Jordan in the 90's. Sheer magic.

I was always waiting for the day when I knew I truly liked you. That day has come.

LeBron gets his ring, I get your approval. It has been a week of reckoning for all.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 original songs and 5 covers... Terrible album.

Indeed there are very strange choices in that album. I wonder if Axl wanted it to fail and not sell... If he did he failed miserably.

From these sales figures, one wonders at how much $'s Axl & former band mates could make out of a single reunion tour... :rolleyes:

Edited by trqster

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

No, the reason for what songs the album had was because it was their Greatest Hits, not a Best Of. It was their fourteen best selling singles.

They obviously made many better songs, but I wouldn't call it terrible. Although songs like Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Sympathy For The Devil, Since I Don't Have You and Yesterdays are terrible enough to bring down the rate of the album a lot.

I consider Chinese Democracy to be the best album of all time, by any band in any era or genre.

You need to go to the record store more often, brah.

There are six independent record stores in Orlando that I frequent several times a week.

Next?

When you say 'independent record stores', do you mean Mcdonalds?

I consider Chinese Democracy to be the best album of all time, by any band in any era or genre.

There are six independent record stores in Orlando that I frequent several times a week.

Next?

Everything MSL says is so unbelievable. You go to 6 different record stores all multiple times a week? What's the point?

Next?

Everything MSL says is so unbelievable. You go to 6 different record stores all multiple times a week? What's the point?

It's part of his rigorous training regimen that keeps him in tip top shape, making the rounds and whatnot.

I like music?

You never know what rare or out of print records may have been traded in on a given day?

I may be in the mood to buy something I wasn't in the mood to buy earlier in the week?

There may be different employees working that have different tastes and recommendations than other employees?

I may have placed a special order and then returned a few days later when it arrived?

Given the amount of disposable income you have, and that if most could, they would also, all seems legit.

Don't let people get to you man.

The only real stand out album in the last 10 years (if not more) for me was Yeah yeah yeah's 'Fever to Tell'. That album still blows my mind when I listen to it.

Agreed! Fucking amazing record! :thumbsup:

Next?

I would if I knew of six different record stores around me and had extra income.

Next?

:rofl-lol:

Next?

:rofl-lol:

Now then...

CD is sadly one of the better albums of the 00's . That's not saying a lot though.

The only real stand out album in the last 10 years (if not more) for me was Yeah yeah yeah's 'Fever to Tell'. That album still blows my mind when I listen to it.

fans who say cd is best of the 2000's. they're right. it's saying a lot. robin finck and buckethead blow away the competition and slash on CD

nobody is able to get to me (unless they criticize paul huge)

Criticize Paul Huge how? You can't say he didn't have an impact on gn'r history, he had a huge one. But musically what did he do? Piss off Slash? Add a note here and there on CD? Paul sucks. Fuck paul and everyone who looks like paul.

Criticize Paul Huge how? You can't say he didn't have an impact on gn'r history, he had a huge one. But musically what did he do? Piss off Slash? Add a note here and there on CD? Paul sucks. Fuck paul and everyone who looks like paul.

Paul helped write quite a few songs such as There Was A Time. He even co-wrote Shadow of your Love with Axl. You shouldn't diminish his contributions to the band.

Paul helped write quite a few songs such as There Was A Time. He even co-wrote Shadow of your Love with Axl. You shouldn't diminish his contributions to the band.

He co-wrote shadow of your love?!?!?! Well excuse me, this guy should have been inducted with the hall of fame group too!

He co-wrote shadow of your love?!?!?! Well excuse me, this guy should have been inducted with the hall of fame group too!

thats not what im trying to say. I'm just saying that he has made contributions to the band. Don't knock him by saying the only thing he has done is add a note here and there on a few songs when he has in fact done more than that.

thats not what im trying to say. I'm just saying that he has made contributions to the band. Don't knock him by saying the only thing he has done is add a note here and there on a few songs when he has in fact done more than that.

He helped write a couple songs. So have a lot of people in Gn'R land. He's not that special musically. His biggest contribution to Gn'R history was pissing off Slash.

He helped write a couple songs. So have a lot of people in Gn'R land. He's not that special musically. His biggest contribution to Gn'R history was pissing off Slash.

a lot of industry types piss off slash

Not enough to be highly regarded any more than that...