Greatest Hits back on US charts

rylz

Well, since someone was dumb enough to take the bait, I guess we can talk about Paul.

Not only did he write the first song the classic lineup ever rehearsed together, he also wrote Back Off Bitch.

So even for people who didn't like Chinese, he made notable contributions to the classic era of the band.

As for Chinese, he wrote some of the songs many fans consider to be the strongest on the album.

Just because he's a low key guy that most know nothing about doesn't mean he wasn't a talented songwriter.

the back off bitch song isn't something i'd exactly hang my resume on lol

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a talented songwriter imo. I kind of wish he'd work with Ron, Axl, maybe Rich and Tommy at some point.

imo, paul's done. as for mister saint laurent saying "fans dumb enough 2 take the bait." well. to date. axl never took MSL's bait

Are you guys talking your "favorite" album of the decade or of all time.......or what you consider the "best" album of the decade or of all time? Because those two are often different things. Just because something is my favorite, I'm not arrogant enough to think that because I love it that it is the best of all time!

CD is my favorite album of the last 10 year. And one of my favorite albums of all time. But is it the best album of ALL TIME? Of course not.

I know people hate to attach any kind of criteria to judging an album. But if you are talking greatest album in history, then surely a few of the normal criteria have to be present. Record sales, awards won, hits off the album, social relevance, pop culture relevence, has it stood the test of time. Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City.....25 years later and the majority of music fans can tell you what band they are from. 25 years from now, will the average music fan be able to tell you about twat, cd and this i love?

People downplay sales totals when talking about CD.........but always bring up that Appetite sold 25million and is the best selling rock debut album of all time. So do sales totals matter or not? You can't use them for one and dismiss them for the other.

CD wasn't strong enough to make the general music world take notice or be interested. Which is a shame, because like I said, I feel it is the best rock album of the last 10 years.

Are you guys talking your "favorite" album of the decade or of all time.......or what you consider the "best" album of the decade or of all time? Because those two are often different things. Just because something is my favorite, I'm not arrogant enough to think that because I love it that it is the best of all time!

CD is my favorite album of the last 10 year. And one of my favorite albums of all time. But is it the best album of ALL TIME? Of course not.

I know people hate to attach any kind of criteria to judging an album. But if you are talking greatest album in history, then surely a few of the normal criteria have to be present. Record sales, awards won, hits off the album, social relevance, pop culture relevence, has it stood the test of time. Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City.....25 years later and the majority of music fans can tell you what band they are from. 25 years from now, will the average music fan be able to tell you about twat, cd and this i love?

People downplay sales totals when talking about CD.........but always bring up that Appetite sold 25million and is the best selling rock debut album of all time. So do sales totals matter or not? You can't use them for one and dismiss them for the other.

CD wasn't strong enough to make the general music world take notice or be interested. Which is a shame, because like I said, I feel it is the best rock album of the last 10 years.

groghan-

cd sold less than 500 million in u.s.

cd wasn't strong enough for general notice in u.s. because axl rose didn't properly promote cd. either in advance or when the album was in bestbuy

the fact is every gnr album sells better than cd. even GH. that's the real shame.

an unauthorized GH cd of slash classics outsells axl's new material. a damn shame

Edited by finck6

groghan-

cd wasn't strong enough for general notice in u.s. because axl rose didn't properly promote cd. either in advance or when the album was in bestbuy

the fact is every gnr album sells better than cd. even GH. that's the real shame.

an unauthorized GH cd of slash classics outsells axl's new material. a damn shame

CD had 14 years of build up so the lack of promotion is a moot point; the reason it didn't sell is because to those who don't spend their life on GnR message boards didn't give a fuck about it; to them, w/out Slash, Duff, etc. its not GnR but Axl and Company and most people outside of GnR boards think Axl is the music industry's biggest asshole......and after it came out, people must have thought the albums sucked and therfore, didn't buy it

Well, since someone was dumb enough to take the bait, I guess we can talk about Paul.

Not only did he write the first song the classic lineup ever rehearsed together, he also wrote Back Off Bitch.

So even for people who didn't like Chinese, he made notable contributions to the classic era of the band.

As for Chinese, he wrote some of the songs many fans consider to be the strongest on the album.

Just because he's a low key guy that most know nothing about doesn't mean he wasn't a talented songwriter.

Really? That's what you got for Huge? Lyrical genius such as

"Oh baby, pretty baby

Oh honey, you let me down honey"

and

"Back off, back off bitch

Down in the gutter dyin' in the ditch"

and

"Living like a lemon aint so hot

and you aint my idea

of one high-rollin' shot"

and

"Now I'm reckless, gonna have some fun

and the woman who is dead

who was out alnight, no I'm not the only one" <---what the fuck does that even mean? He's not the only one out all night? He's not the only reckless one? He's not the only woman dead? Is this even english?

Let's get this guy a hollywood walk of fame star.

groghan-

CD had 14 years of build up so the lack of promotion is a moot point; the reason it didn't sell is because to those who don't spend their life on GnR message boards didn't give a fuck about it; to them, w/out Slash, Duff, etc. its not GnR but Axl and Company and most people outside of GnR boards think Axl is the music industry's biggest asshole......and after it came out, people must have thought the albums sucked and therfore, didn't buy it

14 years of buildup. but it wasn't promotion or buzz buildup for 14 years. in 2008 axl didn't give promotion or buzz for the record. bestbuy presented axl with a promotion and buzz plan....axl rose rejected bestbuy. axl let robin leave. axl went into hiding. if axl had promoted the record like he promoted the illusions....it be the biggest selling rock record of all time

groghan-

14 years of buildup. but it wasn't promotion or buzz buildup for 14 years. in 2008 axl didn't give promotion or buzz for the record. bestbuy presented axl with a promotion and buzz plan....axl rose rejected bestbuy. axl let robin leave. axl went into hiding. if axl had promoted the record like he promoted the illusions....it be the biggest selling rock record of all time

can you please fedex me the shit your smokin? I've only had reg's recently but you must be smoking the really good stuff

groghan-

can you please fedex me the shit your smokin? I've only had reg's recently but you must be smoking the really good stuff

i don't smoke. but it's fact bestbuy presented axl with a promotional plan for chinese demcracy. axl rejected the plan. and went into hiding. as a result the album disappointingly debut #3 instead of #1 and then disappeared off the billboard top 200 album chart

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Really? That's what you got for Huge? Lyrical genius such as

"Oh baby, pretty baby

Oh honey, you let me down honey"

and

"Back off, back off bitch

Down in the gutter dyin' in the ditch"

and

"Living like a lemon aint so hot

and you aint my idea

of one high-rollin' shot"

and

"Now I'm reckless, gonna have some fun

and the woman who is dead

who was out alnight, no I'm not the only one" <---what the fuck does that even mean? He's not the only one out all night? He's not the only reckless one? He's not the only woman dead? Is this even english?

Let's get this guy a hollywood walk of fame star.

Not the most brilliant lyrics. :lol:

It's a fun song though, I always liked it.

if axl had promoted the record like he promoted the illusions....it be the biggest selling rock record of all time

4950336H.gif4950338r.gif

2928939E.gif

it's a fact. axl chose not to promote chinese democracy. whether it be in advance or when the album was available 2 buy in bestbuy

instead, axl chose to continue the never ending chinese democracy world tour

you know what? there's another chinese democracy world tour concert happening right now

chinese CHA CHING

i haven't seen it since they were in NYC in 2006 - and that''l be the last time I go till they put something new out so i doubt I'll ever go see them again

but I will be attending the 9/18 show at the hammerstein ballroom w/ the guy in that top hat

if axl had promoted the record like he promoted the illusions....it be the biggest selling rock record of all time

4950336H.gif4950338r.gif

2928939E.gif

fink - are you sure you don't smoke? to make a statement like that reeks of a marijuana induced haze

i haven't seen it since they were in NYC in 2006 - and that''l be the last time I go till they put something new out so i doubt I'll ever go see them again

but I will be attending the 9/18 show at the hammerstein ballroom w/ the guy in that top hat

4950336H.gif4950338r.gif

2928939E.gif

fink - are you sure you don't smoke? to make a statement like that reeks of a marijuana induced haze

i'm sure. if axl had promoted chinese democracy.......it would be the biggest selling record. but axl didn't appear or perform on letterman, leno or jimmy fallon. axl didn't do anything for promotion with the record. the fans responded. and they didn't buy the album. the album disappeared faster than madonna's MDNA off the face of the earth

4950336H.gif4950338r.gif

2928939E.gif

i'm sure. if axl had promoted chinese democracy.......it would be the biggest selling record. but axl didn't appear or perform on letterman, leno or jimmy fallon. axl didn't do anything for promotion with the record. the fans responded. and they didn't buy the album. the album disappeared faster than madonna's MDNA off the face of the earth

I've noticed I've agreed with alot of your posts recently except this :shock:

I don;t think the lack of promotion had as much to do with the great dissapearing act as the material and composition of the band and my apologies for insinuating you were a bigger pothead than cheech and chong or myself :thumbsup:

4950336H.gif4950338r.gif

2928939E.gif

I've noticed I've agreed with alot of your posts recently except this :shock:

I don;t think the lack of promotion had as much to do with the great dissapearing act as the material and composition of the band and my apologies for insinuating you were a bigger pothead than cheech and chong or myself :thumbsup:

if axl promoted the record....wouldn't it have sold better?

There's not that many good albums from the 2000's. No album from the 2000's is good enough to make the top ten or probably even top 20 albums list of the 90's.

Three words: Brave New World.

Also, Crack the Skye is a fantastic album. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I don't take Iron Maiden seriously.

:fuckyou:

There's not that many good albums from the 2000's. No album from the 2000's is good enough to make the top ten or probably even top 20 albums list of the 90's.

Three words: Brave New World.

Correct answer.

I would also have accepted A Matter of Life and Death.

My next favorite. Not a single bad or even mediocre song. Also a great album to listen to when reading Slaughterhouse-Five.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Finck6 is probably the most unfunny cupcake I've ever encountered.

yet people keep falling for it. she's trolled under various names on various GNR boards for many many years. she used to be an anti-finck cupcake under a different name, so this pro-finck cupcake is very funny to me.

I just find most cupcakes to be so obvious and I don't get why people fall for it at all. It doesn't require that you're a rocket scientist to figure out which people that are just trolling.

Who is she then? What other user names has she had? I never really followed the GNR section until last two years.