Jimmy Page's Lucifer Rising and other Soundtracks to released on March 20th

ITW 2012

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/62677

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page exhumes lost soundtrack Guitarist to release ditched 'Lucifer Rising' recordings

More Led Zeppelin news, reviews, videos and tour datesBuy Led Zeppelin music from Amazon

Led Zeppelin news RSS Feed Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page will release a collection of songs he recorded at his home studio in the early seventies, on March 20.

'Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks' will be released, exclusively, through the guitarist's website. There will be a choice of three editions, including a special run of 93 signed copies of the heavyweight vinyl record.

The title track was originally recorded to feature in Kenneth Anger's 1972 short film Lucifer Rising. The music never made the final cut, although Page did make a cameo appearance in the finished film.

All of the compositions have been re-visited by the guitarist and remixed for their first ever release. There is also full liner notes and commentary to accompany the music.

Page describes the recordings as a "musical diary of avant-garde compositions and experiments".

The 'Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks' tracklisting is:

'Lucifer Rising'

'Incubus'

'Damask'

'Unharmonics'

'Damask – Ambient'

'Lucifer Rising - Percussive Return'

'Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks' will be available from 2pm on Tuesday March 20.

Guest Len B'stard

I've heard the Lucifer Rising tapes, it's unlistenable.

Is that the Kenneth Anger thing? I thought Bobby Beausoleil ended up doing that? I love those fuckin movies, Invocation of My Demon Brother is fuckin mental, THAT is what movies should be like man :):)

Edited by sugaraylen

I've heard the Lucifer Rising tapes, it's unlistenable.

Is that the Kenneth Anger thing? I thought Bobby Beausoleil ended up doing that? I love those fuckin movies, Invocation of My Demon Brother is fuckin mental, THAT is what movies should be like man :):)

Yeah - he's prob. charging a lot b/c I heard he's signing some of the copies, he also reissued "Death Wish 2". The limited edition book that he wrote is far more worth getting their hands on, all the copies were signed and it's a one time publishing.

The one book he should try to put out is a comprehensive sessionography.