A way to release CD II..

Russel Nash

Assuming that the problem for which we do not hear new music is for lack of money. The record companies do not invest in rock music anymore because they believe it`s not a safe bet.

If this is the case, I think I have the solution.

For some time I have been following this website called http://www.kickstarter.com :

"Kickstarter is the world's largest Funding platform for creative projects. Every week, tens of Thousands of amazing people pledge millions of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, film, art, technology, design, food, publishing and other creative fields."

A notable example is the following article from Forbes magazine:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/14/how-double-fine-raised-3-3-million-on-kickstarter-and-changed-game-financing-forever/

From this project, which it raised over 3.3 million on an audience totally outside the mainstream gamers, other projects are raising millions based on the same philosophy.

The plan is that we found the project, the new music, the distribution if necessary based on his system.

Kickstarter never run into a giant like Guns N Roses, all projects are underground/indie projects. I think we can raise millions in a blink of an eye and incidentally make a before and after in the music industry. Money talks..

Can you imagine how much money we can get for the Project? How many of us we would be willing to pay a lot for new music and extras?

I hope someone on the GNR Camp are considering such moves if money is the problem.

What are your thoughts about this?

Stupid idea.

1. There is no demand for CDII outside of this forum.

2. Axl has enough money.

3. Axl is way too stubborn and too much of a perfectionist to release a product he's not completely satisfied with (aka which he hasn't ruined with horrible overproduction).

4. If CD is anything to go by, I have NO intention to horribly overpay for CD II. Not worth the money. In fact when they release it I might even wait a month or two until it's in the sale bin for 2,50. Just to compensate.

5. And I can't stress this enough: There is no demand for CDII outside of this forum.

You must be working with a census and statistics organization, thanks for the info.

I get it, there's no demand for cd2, but plenty for the new Amanda Palmer record?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/amandapalmer/amanda-palmer-the-new-record-art-book-and-tour?ref=card

there's plenty of demand for the new aerosmith record "music from another dimension" coming november 6th, 2012 at a local record store near you

so there should be the same demand for a 2012 release of cd2 from guns n roses

+1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that the problem for which we do not hear new music is for lack of money. The record companies do not invest in rock music anymore because they believe it`s not a safe bet.

If this is the case, I think I have the solution.

For some time I have been following this website called http://www.kickstarter.com :

"Kickstarter is the world's largest Funding platform for creative projects. Every week, tens of Thousands of amazing people pledge millions of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, film, art, technology, design, food, publishing and other creative fields."

A notable example is the following article from Forbes magazine:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/14/how-double-fine-raised-3-3-million-on-kickstarter-and-changed-game-financing-forever/

From this project, which it raised over 3.3 million on an audience totally outside the mainstream gamers, other projects are raising millions based on the same philosophy.

The plan is that we found the project, the new music, the distribution if necessary based on his system.

Kickstarter never run into a giant like Guns N Roses, all projects are underground/indie projects. I think we can raise millions in a blink of an eye and incidentally make a before and after in the music industry. Money talks..

Can you imagine how much money we can get for the Project? How many of us we would be willing to pay a lot for new music and extras?

I hope someone on the GNR Camp are considering such moves if money is the problem.

What are your thoughts about this?

Stupid idea.

1. There is no demand for CDII outside of this forum.

2. Axl has enough money.

3. Axl is way too stubborn and too much of a perfectionist to release a product he's not completely satisfied with (aka which he hasn't ruined with horrible overproduction).

4. If CD is anything to go by, I have NO intention to horribly overpay for CD II. Not worth the money. In fact when they release it I might even wait a month or two until it's in the sale bin for 2,50. Just to compensate.

5. And I can't stress this enough: There is no demand for CDII outside of this forum.

Im sure this makes all of us very sad that you won't buy the new album until it is on sale..

Whew... That means we shouldnt hear any more complaining about a new album release from you.

1 down guys

there's no demand for cd2

Wrong.

Is it? Outside these forums, there really isn't a lot of anticipation for another nu guns album. I don't think the label believes in the nu band in terms of new material either...

Not trying to be a dick, but the probability is in favor of the above statement.

That is quite simply not true. My co-workers and family and friends all ask me about Chinese Democracy II. I keep them regularly updated. It always seems to be a hot topic of conversation wherever I go.

So that's what, 4 people?

If you really think money is the problem, I think you need to look up how much money Axl chose to spend on making Chinese Democracy.

so if money isn't the problem...what's the problem?

Why does there have to be a problem? The new album thing is just fantasy, and claiming money is what's stopping them is simply wishful thinking in my opinion. They've been touring forever, still got 15 gigs up front and seem to continue booking new gigs. I doubt Axl is even thinking about a new album at this point.

Trying to say lack of money is what's stopping Axl, the man who spent $13 million making his last album and walks on stage with jewellery worth of $200,000 every night, from making a new album sounds weird to me.

Edited by Jeez

The problem with this solution is that is based on assumptions that may not be true. What if money isn't the issue? Do we even know that Axl has any interest in releasing new material? What indications have we seen from him that would tell us that he's driven to release something new? As far as I'm concerned, it seems as though Axl is happy to continue touring behind Chinese Democracy and classic GNR hits. We've heard rumblings of other GNR members recording, but have we heard any news of Axl being in a studio? As far as I know, it's just a fantasy that Axl wants to push and promote another album. Concerning myself with ways of speeding up a process that doesn't want to be started seems like a waste of my time.

All my support to the thread starter!

What a bunch of hienas in this forum.

Of course It´s about money and of course it´s about the present Label putting all the stones in Axl´s way so he failures again.

The sooner they realise a reunion is not goint to happen the sooner Axl creativity may have a chance to be succesfull.

It´s all conspirators in that label, they thought Axl would give up the project, they thought "let´s frustrate Axl for 10 years and he will quit this new thing".

BAD IDEA!

Axl did not promote Chinese? Yes at first but then, MAN ! It´s fucking 4 years promoting and the touring the dam album! I think that´s pretty much promotion.

TIME FOR NEW MUSIC!

And if its our time to finance it, HERES MY VOTE!

THERES NO DEMAND FOR CD II??????

In your dreams you hater!

Of course it is and HUUUUUUUUGE. Just like 15 million reasons in facebook e.g

Maybe self publishing will,in the future be the way for Axl to go because sadly i just don't see any major label giving him a deal unless he has masses of stuff ready to go,the numbers spent on CD will haunt him becuase without doubt the industry has changed since those days

Maybe self publishing will,in the future be the way for Axl to go because sadly i just don't see any major label giving him a deal unless he has masses of stuff ready to go,the numbers spent on CD will haunt him becuase without doubt the industry has changed since those days

he already has a deal.

he has masses of stuff ready to go.

the number "spent on CD" was really spent to make multiple albums and CD recouped all of the money spent already.

He clearly doesn't like the deal or surely it would have been at the very least talked about and not in the usual vague terms,listening to DJ he's always going on about writing with Axl etc i don't think he was around at the time of the original CD recording was he? a lot of spin goes on in interviews of course but i ask you this IF there masses of songs ready to go why on earth would Axl give them the ok now when he clearly didn't think they where good enough for CD a few years back it doesn't add up.

No one but Axl and Beta know how many songs has truely has locked away a few out takes,b side fodder for certain but an album worth of songs good enough to pass the Axl test of quality well of that im not so sure and while ive no doubt there's comments out on the internet saying oh yes there's loads of songs there again no one really knows bar the inner circle.

And then theres the problem of getting the album out and about to me at least he's in limbo,touring endlessly the greatest hits package (which is fearsomely good by the way best live band ive seen in many years),there no real sign of a new album coming out as frustrating as that is by the way i think he's become a victim of well himself for certain and record company politics and im not sure there a way out for him yet.

Oh and dont think i care about who plays the banjo or bashing the bongo's in the band either Gun's n roses are Axl and that unique voice of his there should be more albums out and it really frustrating that nothing new is on the horizon maybe its time for him to look towards the future and maybe when he can free himself of the contract look at self publishing.

The idea that we should pay for the funding of an album and then pay for the album is kind of ridiculous.

Through these sorts of projects, you generally get the album as part of the donation. The more you donate, the more you'll get. Hypothetically speaking, a $10 donation could get you the album, a $20 donation could get you the album and a shirt, a $50 donation could get you the album and a signed lyric sheet etc.

Trent Reznor signed with Sony, it's a sign that record labels and artists are willing to play nice with each other, but he also said that he went to a music shop and didn't see any NIN CD's. And you can find GNR CDs in most music shoppes.

I thought Amanda Palmer's experiment was pretty cool and shows that it can work, but there's a lot of bands that fell short of making their goal doing it that way. But it's not like she's a starving artist when she's married to a rich one.

It could also be a gimmick, and the next time she goes through Kickstarter, might wind up getting much less. Not saying record label promotions are reliable either, they've let albums slip through the cracks and were poorly promoted, but putting it in the hands of the fans is pretty risky, unless they have a really devoted fanbase.

What is really cool is when a band winds up having their master tape rights and had successful albums, songs that keep getting licensed and covered.

Kickstarter is good for some people, but it comes down to a good relationship between artists and labels. There's too many stories about indie record labels being poorly run as much as there are the "evil majors". But some people have great relationships with major labels, so they can't be all that evil.

A new GNR song will depend on whether or not Axl gets a call from a movie studio asking him if he has anything, that's pretty much why OMG, YCBM, and KOHD were released when they were. Sometimes Arnold's answering Twitter, ask him if he's going to ask Axl for a nuGuns song soon. He seems to have a good track record with GNR.

he already has a deal.

the number "spent on CD" was really spent to make multiple albums and CD recouped all of the money spent already.

if axl has masses of stuff ready to go...then axl rose should releases masses of stuff in 2012 for the masses

he already has a deal.

if axl has masses of stuff ready to go...then axl rose should releases masses of stuff in 2012 for the masses

We really don't know if Axl's worked on songs last year. I think the next time we'll hear anything new will be for a soundtrack.

he already has a deal.

We really don't know if Axl's worked on songs last year. I think the next time we'll hear anything new will be for a soundtrack.

well. MSL says "axl says masses of stuff ready to go." MSL is pretty credible. so i take that as meaning axl can release lots of unreleased chinese democracy songs either as singles on itunes, mass free download, or for multiple chinese democracy albums for us 2 buy anytime in walmart, target, fye, and bestbuy music stores

All my support to the thread starter!

What a bunch of hienas in this forum.

Of course It´s about money and of course it´s about the present Label putting all the stones in Axl´s way so he failures again.

The sooner they realise a reunion is not goint to happen the sooner Axl creativity may have a chance to be succesfull.

It´s all conspirators in that label, they thought Axl would give up the project, they thought "let´s frustrate Axl for 10 years and he will quit this new thing".

BAD IDEA!

Axl did not promote Chinese? Yes at first but then, MAN ! It´s fucking 4 years promoting and the touring the dam album! I think that´s pretty much promotion.

TIME FOR NEW MUSIC!

And if its our time to finance it, HERES MY VOTE!

THERES NO DEMAND FOR CD II??????

In your dreams you hater!

Of course it is and HUUUUUUUUGE. Just like 15 million reasons in facebook e.g

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. Surely you don't actually believe that.

i ask you this IF there masses of songs ready to go why on earth would Axl give them the ok now when he clearly didn't think they where good enough for CD a few years back it doesn't add up.

GNR spent close to ten years writing and recording enough material for multiple albums. Why are you under the impression that Chinese is a "best of" of that entire period? I think that's a common misconception. Certain songs were intended for certain albums. Chinese was not necessarily the best of the bunch. Most of the songs on Chinese are from before Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Fortus and DJ were even in the band.

You're right of course i didnt make myself clear,i certainly dont think the first couple of years post CD was the "greatest hits" show it was in the albums promotion,but you have to accept that the last couple of years has had everything to do with the GH tour and hey no bad thing,it is as ive said before a great show.

As to your point about the timeframe of whatever songs where written of course the current band where for the most part not there,now if thats the case why on earth does DJ in many interviews bang on about "writing" with Axl? if Axl has songs good to go then why on earth would he need to be writing with DJ? it doesnt make sense now of course DJ is a hell of a salesman and words do get mixed up in interviews,but hey just my thoughts and i hope im wrong and we see a new album out soon,but and im gonna say it now not stuff from years ago,new material written by the current band but time will tell.

Fozzie, you seem to now be trying to completely rewrite what you were saying previously.

Before, you said you thought GNR didn't have good songs in the vault because if they were good, they would have been on Chinese.

I pointed out that Chinese was not all of the best songs thrown on one disc. Chinese was its own album, but more material was made during that ten year period. Certain songs belonged on the second album, regardless of whether they were better than some of the songs on the first album.

I'm sure DJ is hopeful of writing new songs for the next record, but in the end it will be Axl's final decision on what to include.

I personally would like to hear more from the Buckethead era as most of Chinese was songs that were written before Buckethead joined.

MSL is credible. MSL says what i've been saying. which is. not all of the best songs were on the first chinese democracy album. more material was made during the ten year period. despite what dj ashba says about writing new songs around the clock...it's up to axl if the songs already targeted for cd2 make it on cd2. which means. cd2 could be an album full of songs that have nothing to do with dj ashba's writing or guitar sessions. looks like to me from MSL the next guns record will be he songs recorded during the ten year chinese democracy sessions period. makes sense

Fozzie, you seem to now be trying to completely rewrite what you were saying previously.

Before, you said you thought GNR didn't have good songs in the vault because if they were good, they would have been on Chinese.

I pointed out that Chinese was not all of the best songs thrown on one disc. Chinese was its own album, but more material was made during that ten year period. Certain songs belonged on the second album, regardless of whether they were better than some of the songs on the first album.

I'm sure DJ is hopeful of writing new songs for the next record, but in the end it will be Axl's final decision on what to include.

I personally would like to hear more from the Buckethead era as most of Chinese was songs that were written before Buckethead joined.

Im not rewriting anything mate,if anything i agreed with you on a couple of points over the tour etc i don't think in my last post i mentioned anything bar thew fact that in interviews DJ,a member of the band for what 3 years now often mentions about writing,or at least hoping to start writing with Axl..if that's the case then if as you say there's stuff in the vault then should we believe anything DJ says :lol: my view and this hasn't changed is this there's not as much stuff in the vault as people HOPE there is (certainly not disrespecting you MSL far from it nice to have a civil discussion about the band).

On a side note i thought Buckethead was a terrible fit for the band,he was never going to be a long term member surely he's too much of his own man for that so while i respect what he did i think the current line up is a band rather than band with 2 showmen in it surrounded by session men (i await the flak for that comment).

At this point though if Axl said he would sing the phone book i'd take it,its time for anew record wherever its from and to me i think the more interesting issue is will it be released? i'm not so sure,not so sure at all.