Why do you think Axl is so apprehensive to release new music?

ITW 2012

attacking forum members

Not getting into the other points you made, but he only did this attack with Madison and she was talking shit since forever (I remember she talking about knowing which song would be the 1st single back in 2002, lol). He didn't attack anyone else (unless you're considering also that RIR 2001 comment about Xozi and Eduardo or something).

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in someways the band is Axl, Pitman, Stinson, just from the sound of CD it's not a really guitar heavy album. On CD Brain was important it sounds. Theres great solos and some riffs but overall.. I get the feeling the guitarists weren't the heart of the band. do u think I'm way off? i don't know much about music. I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

I know what you mean. I get this feeling from SOD, CITR and ITW, for example, on the other hand, I feel that CD, Better and Scraped are good examples of guitar driven songs.

I get the same feeling from November Rain too. The highlight on these songs are not the guitar (except for the solos, of course).

I Believe that Axl is deeply affected by things said about him and the way people treat him .

Despite the way he comes across on stage he is an insecure person afraid of not being accepted.

I base this opinion on the things he does that don't make any sense.

Goin on late every night , reclusive behavior in the past, dissecting reviews about him, creeping arpund the forums, attacking forum members, outbursts on stage agiainst hecklers, and taking forever to let the public hear anything.

Again, just my opinion, but this explanation lines up with all things Axl rose that are unexplainable .

I agree with these sentiments very very much. He thanks Kurt Loder for the Rock in Rio III review, he called out notorious posters off gnronline(Renato etc) in Rock in Rio III, he outlined how reviewers noticed the jungle beats in Oh My God, I could go on for another 15 minutes. It's very clear he does spend alot of time on the internet reading about what people say about him. That's not really something someone very confident does......

Msl.....if Best Buy pulled CD from their stores, then what is the point of still trying to keep CD alive?

I get get that he is dissapointed in the fans response to CD. I love the album and am still surprised that it didn't do as well as the Illusions. But if fans can't put the album at record stores, then what exactly is Axl trying to do? Your point would be more valid if a new fan went to a show, heard the CD songs and them went to best buy and purchased it. Same way as releasing another single, releasing a video. Which they aren't doing.

We don't have to speculate as to Axl's intentions because AXL FLAT OUT TOLD US HIS INTENTION WAS TO WORK CHINESE SOME MORE.

If you disagree with his methods, write him a letter.

Oh my bad. Sorry. For a second I thought this was a GnR forum, where fans got together and discussed various GnR related topics. I asked what YOUR opinion was on the matter. So in the future, we should NOT talk amongst ourselves about GnR issues - but instead write Axl a letter. Got it. Thanks!

On a side note.....what happened to you? You used to be a pretty level headed poster on here. But lately you've got way more aggressive and angry with your responses to people. You used to always had good insight to discussions, but seems like lately you are quick to go into more of an attack mode on people?

Msl.....if Best Buy pulled CD from their stores, then what is the point of still trying to keep CD alive?

I get get that he is dissapointed in the fans response to CD. I love the album and am still surprised that it didn't do as well as the Illusions. But if fans can't put the album at record stores, then what exactly is Axl trying to do? Your point would be more valid if a new fan went to a show, heard the CD songs and them went to best buy and purchased it. Same way as releasing another single, releasing a video. Which they aren't doing.

We don't have to speculate as to Axl's intentions because AXL FLAT OUT TOLD US HIS INTENTION WAS TO WORK CHINESE SOME MORE.

If you disagree with his methods, write him a letter.

I wouldn't care so much if he was still 35 or 40. I just don't know how he's gonna sing The General as Baz described it when he's 55, 60 when his voice is rapidly going downhill now.

And it's pretty obvious that Twat, Prostitute and Catcher never made it into the regular set because he screws the pooch on them almost every time and the ones that did make it in (Sorry and TIL) are the ones he finds easiest to sing. How sad is it to think we'll probably never get a great live recording of the greatest, most epic songs on Chinese? And what hope does that give for him singing other challenging material he recorded anything up to 12 years ago when he was 39 a la Twat?

I agree that the forum has become a lot more negative recently. Maybe a combination of the non-reunion happening, but also we have some very vocal Nutters that flame every post in here now with attacks and negative comments on other posters. There are 5-6 posters who take everything to the extreme.

I understand what you are saying.

As a long time huge fan of the band, I was just curious as to your opinion on the CD working thing. Maybe you had some insight that I haven't thought of.

Working an album that you can't buy in the story anymore.......just seems odd and makes no sense. I respect you as a poster and thought you might know more to the story than I do.

Groghan -

I just don't see the point of people continuing to pull things out of their ass in regards to what "Axl is trying to do." He's clearly stated he wants to continue to work Chinese a bit. If you think it's a bad idea, you're entitled to your opinion. But I'm not going to argue with you about what Axl is trying to do when he's already told us. If you disagree with his methods, sweet.

As for me, my replies have gotten more aggressive and angry as the rhetoric around here has gotten more aggressive and angry.

Seems to me that a lot of people deluded themselves into thinking the Appetite or Illusions lineup would reunite at the Hall of Fame and now people are angry because they're realizing how ridiculous it was to expect that.

While I agree with most of this post I would change the last bit. Most people don't expect a reunion (most hope for one). We just would have thought that a new album (or even unreleased material) would have been released by now. Patience I s'pose...

I wouldn't care so much if he was still 35 or 40. I just don't know how he's gonna sing The General as Baz described it when he's 55, 60 when his voice is rapidly going downhill now.

when was the last time you saw the band live?

Nearly all the UK shows on the 2010 tour. And I don't need to go to US shows to know that compared to 2010 he has generally sucked in the last while.

I do get what you're saying, i'm just sounding off because i'm genuinely worried about how long he'll be able to screech away his falsetto for. And in the meantime yes, he's bringing Sorry and TIL to the US market, along with SOD, Chinese and Madagascar that he brought 10 years ago. It's endlessly frustrating.

Remember in that 2000 RS interview when Axl talked of 'hot burning tears of anger' at watching Slash throw it all away i.e. instead of working on his talent he lazed about and did goofy cameos etc. Axl said he wanted the world to love and respect Slash. Well in 2012, ironically, Slash pretty much is loved and respected, and by people who never even bought a GN'R record. Axl on the other hand...

other than the show when he was sick, axl's voice was starting to get pretty strong on the UCAP shows. i don't really think it's fair to say his voice is rapidly declining.

Ok, not rapidly. But if we're realistically talking Nu-GNR record 3 when he's nearly 60 then....

that's the problem. "his voice was getting stronger"

if he actually took some time before starting the damn tour to prepare himself, he could be in top form since show 1, that's not the case and it's a little disrespectful to the people who go to the first concerts. (last Rock in Rio, for example... really, what the fuck was that?)

i know, he doesn't owe the fans anything, he can do whatever he wants, we can't complain, we can't discuss, etc...

Edited by maynard

if he actually took some time before starting the damn tour to prepare himself, he could be in top form since show 1, that's not the case and it's a little disrespectful to the people who go to the first concerts. (last Rock in Rio, for example... really, what the fuck was that?)

i know, he doesn't owe the fans anything, he can do whatever he wants, we can't complain, we can't discuss, etc...

Are you kidding me? He was only playing in the pouring rain with bronchitis...

how do you know that he was sick? other bands played in the pouring rain and still did a respectable show.

as far as i know, bronchitis doesn't affects memory (see - november rain).

how do you know that he was sick? other bands played in the pouring rain and still did a respectable show.

It didn't start pouring rain until later in the evening. Much of the equipment malfunctioned and the night was a disaster. I'm actually surprised that they agreed to take stage under those conditions (not sure if you we watched the same show).

It didn't start pouring rain until later in the evening. Much of the equipment malfunctioned and the night was a disaster. I'm actually surprised that they agreed to take stage under those conditions (not sure if you we watched the same show).

I did. Well, I was speaking about the other nights. I know there were mechanical problems but I'm sure Axl has been through that many times. It's impossible that was the first time he had to play in extreme conditions. In my opinion, he wasn't ready, mentally and physically and the rain just made everything worse. A warm-up show to thousand and thousand of fans. He should warm-up in rehearsals, don't you think?

I will stop this off-topic discussion.

Back to topic: I've made a post here some time ago speaking about Axl's superstitions and I do think it could be an issue, as well. There are many articles that shows how Axl is worried about these thigs.

Edited by maynard

I hate to bring this up but old Guns made LOT of music videos and why hasn't new Guns done nothing?? Just thinking...

Apparently Axl has had videos made and paid for them (according to David Wild) so what I don't get is why they weren't released around the time the songs were put out officially... :shrugs:

Thats just a plain waste of money...

Nobody said you can't complain about anything you want or discuss anything you want.

Just don't make things up or lie while doing so.

I didn't lie. I just think Axl should prepare himself before the tour starts, not during it. Do you have any proof that Axl was at rehearsals wit the guys? Because from what we have access, it's clear that Axl is never present in those things.

I hate to bring this up but old Guns made LOT of music videos and why hasn't new Guns done nothing?? Just thinking...

Apparently Axl has had videos made and paid for them (according to David Wild) so what I don't get is why they weren't released around the time the songs were put out officially... :shrugs:

And it's not your money, so why complain? You didn't work for it,or earn it.

Is this the Twilight Zone,or the Outer Limits? Delusional concepts seem to be contageous.

Is this the Twilight Zone,or the Outer Limits? Delusional concepts seem to be contageous.

OMG, again, dude I'm not complaining! Nor am I demanding something! I just don't understand why he would have them made but not release them. Am I just not allowed to question/ponder that?

Fuckin hell... :o

Edited by KiraMPD

It's district attorney Sailaway in action!!!

Why thank you Young Guns, all those years of tuning into Perry Mason reruns,Ironside,watching CSI,Law & Order, etc. as well as a few Interactions with the judicial system were learning experiences. :lol:

Why thank you Young Guns, all those years of tuning into Perry Mason reruns,Ironside,watching CSI,Law & Order, etc. as well as a few Interactions with the judicial system were learning experiences. :lol:

;)

OMG, again, dude I'm not complaining! Nor am I demanding something! I just don't understand why he would have them made but not release them. Am I just not allowed to question/ponder that?

Fuckin hell... :o

Nope, you are not.

That's what I deal with on a daily basis in here!

A simple comment will get you labeled all kinds of funny things.

You are NOT allowed to have an opinion in this forum, unless you only worship everything Axl does. Best to not even try and defend your comment - that will just make these people freak out even more.