SLASH Talks 'Apocalyptic Love' In New Video Interview - Mar. 22, 2012

gunsguy

Music reporter Rudy Blair of 680 News conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Slash earlier this week in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. You can now watch the chat below.

Slash's second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", will be released on May 22 on Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI. The disc will follow his 2010 debut album, "Slash", and his November 2011 first-ever live solo album, the two-CD/DVD set "Made In Stoke 24/7/11". Notably, the "Slash" album debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at #3 (#1 on the Rock chart, #1 on the Independent chart, and #1 on the Hard Music chart). Digitally, the album also became the #1 overall digital album and hit #1 on iTunes in 13 countries. Internationally, the disc achieved Top 5 chart positions in over a dozen major territories, hitting #1 in both Japan and New Zealand.

In the U.K., the album will be released on May 21 in exclusive Classic Rock Fan Pack form — providing a unique collectable package containing the studio album with bonus tracks alongside a specially created magazine with unseen behind-the-scenes content put together by Classic Rock. The Fan Pack format will also come with free gifts, including a pin badge and artwork poster and will be available to buy via more than 2000 retail outlets on newsstands nationally as well as the traditional high street and online music retailers. Roadrunner Records will simultaneously release the record digitally. The standard physical release of the Slash album will follow through Roadrunner Records on June 18.

For the new album, Slash — along with and his bandmates Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums) and Todd Kerns (bass) — teamed with producer Eric Valentine, who also produced the "Slash" disc. All the songs were written together by Slash and Kennedy, and cameras have been rolling throughout the entire making of the album.

Check out the full story and video here:

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171612&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

nice, very nice.

can't wait for this Album, the last album had a lot of expectations, and even thou it is a grat album i think this one will fit more to his fanbase, te same band, the same chemistry, and in his words it's a Rock Album so it can only mean a good thing

about VR, he doesn't look to comfortable answering that question does he?. i mean he was so laid back on all the answers but that sounded so generic, "we still haven't found the singer" i fear it might be the standard answer for anytime someone mentinons that name. are you guys jamming, do you keep in touch, do you share ideas?, we all wan't to know a bit more than what we already know.

but anyways, as long as he keeps releasing music i'm fine, he's my favourite guitar player by far!

nice, very nice.

can't wait for this Album, the last album had a lot of expectations, and even thou it is a grat album i think this one will fit more to his fanbase, te same band, the same chemistry, and in his words it's a Rock Album so it can only mean a good thing

about VR, he doesn't look to comfortable answering that question does he?. i mean he was so laid back on all the answers but that sounded so generic, "we still haven't found the singer" i fear it might be the standard answer for anytime someone mentinons that name. are you guys jamming, do you keep in touch, do you share ideas?, we all wan't to know a bit more than what we already know.

but anyways, as long as he keeps releasing music i'm fine, he's my favourite guitar player by far!

I agree that he doesn't look comfortable about VR. I think he should concentrate on his solo carrer instead anyway and let VR be a thing of the past.

nice, very nice.

I agree that he doesn't look comfortable about VR. I think he should concentrate on his solo carrer instead anyway and let VR be a thing of the past.

I doubt we will see VR ever again except for maybe a one off here and there. I think Slash is happy where he is at cause he is now the Dictator of his band and he's touring with a bunch of non addicted, great muscians so it makes his job easy and fullfilling. If he goes back to VR everyone has an ego. Plus I'm pretty sure Duff is happy with staying at home and only doing shows here and there. I think Duff's touring days are behind him. Aside from doing a 2 week tour then going home for 3 months before doing another 2 week tour