SPOILER: All Slash Samples Here

Turn_It_Up

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard & Fast sounds like Speed Parade 2

this sounds promising great straight rock..

in all honesty i've never ever been a fan of that whole Neo Classical thing, i was looking forward to Anastasia and still am, hopefully that clip is a small part of a totally different song but either way some of the other songs are awesome.

and it's funny to see some people expecting Slash to write Chinesse Democracy 2.. i mean WTF? what were you guys expecting?, some broadway ballad drama piano driven songs?, it's rock n roll straight up, love it!

Shots Fired seems cool

Edited by dario27

Just as someone said before in this thread. Slash needs to be pushed.

I'm not saying that the songs are bad, I'm not gonna say anything about the songs untill I heard them all.

But the samples sound a bit boring, and Myles isn't the guy to sing tunes like this.

Anyway, it's Slash. The guy who played lead guitar on songs like Sweet Child, November Rain, Estranged, Slither, Serial Killer etc. etc. etc.

Is it really that wrong to say that I expected a lot more from him?

Just as someone said before in this thread. Slash needs to be pushed.

I'm not saying that the songs are bad, I'm not gonna say anything about the songs untill I heard them all.

But the samples sound a bit boring, and Myles isn't the guy to sing tunes like this.

Anyway, it's Slash. The guy who played lead guitar on songs like Sweet Child, November Rain, Estranged, Slither, Serial Killer etc. etc. etc.

Is it really that wrong to say that I expected a lot more from him?

I agree with that. Axl pushed Slash to his limits because he wasn't a yes man. I kind of miss the Slash who wrote long solos and epic outros but... :shrugs:.

Really? I Don't expect "epic" musics from slash, i read somewhere slash just want to do rock songs, and he "hates" November Rain, Estranged...

Axl was the one who pushed Slash to do songs like those. Unfortunately Slash is no longer being pushed by anyone but he needs that. He doesn't want to go for the epic, well, that's really sad (as a Gn'R fan) but in the end... at least we have new music.

Axl pushed Slash to his limits because he wasn't a yes man. I kind of miss the Slash who wrote long solos and epic outros but... :shrugs:.

Why does everyone assume that Axl 'pushed' Slash. Axl needs to push himself by the looks of things, not the other way round.

If there was anything that give Slash's creativity an extra push in the early days, it was booze and drugs. Not Axl.

Luckily, no-one is suggesting he commences a 5-year bender....

LA

does anybody hear a little 'rocket queen' in 'shots fired??? :)

I think this album is going to be a lot better than velvet revolver...

especially for people who liked the snakepits!

No, but I hear 'Paradise City' main riff in 'Standing in the Sun'.

yes!!! I can hear that!!! and its definitely a good thing!!!

Wow, slash must really have loved that Black Sabbath song that he nicked that riff from!!!

Really? I Don't expect "epic" musics from slash, i read somewhere slash just want to do rock songs, and he "hates" November Rain, Estranged...

Axl was the one who pushed Slash to do songs like those. Unfortunately Slash is no longer being pushed by anyone but he needs that. He doesn't want to go for the epic, well, that's really sad (as a Gn'R fan) but in the end... at least we have new music.

and on the plus side, it's not overblown epics, it's hard rock. :thumbsup:

:/ Slash does need to be pushed. Even on the first solo record he was pushed to make something the singers he wanted liked, but this is just his usual aerosmith on steroids stuff. There's clearly a difference between this, and his material with guns or even velvet revolver. I thought VR had a pretty unique sound, and slash was doing some really interesting things on guitar. This stuff reminds me of one of the reviews for Chinese Democracy, where there writer said Axl wasn't necessarily trying to innovate, but perfect a sound he has been chasing in his head. That's what Slash seems bent on doing, but unfortunately the sound he's chasing has been done before, by himself, and done better. The choice of singer helps nothing either.

Slash's best hopes are a Guns reunion, or VR with Scott or Corey Taylor, all of which rather unlikely.

I don't know what You're A Lie being the weakest but it sounds like very few songs sound as polished as You're A Lie and that's VERY good. I'd kill for another punch-in-the-face album like the second Snakepit album. I wish the new band was called Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Snakepit or Slash's Snakepit featuring Myles Kennedy or something.

:/ Slash does need to be pushed. Even on the first solo record he was pushed to make something the singers he wanted liked, but this is just his usual aerosmith on steroids stuff. There's clearly a difference between this, and his material with guns or even velvet revolver. I thought VR had a pretty unique sound, and slash was doing some really interesting things on guitar. This stuff reminds me of one of the reviews for Chinese Democracy, where there writer said Axl wasn't necessarily trying to innovate, but perfect a sound he has been chasing in his head. That's what Slash seems bent on doing, but unfortunately the sound he's chasing has been done before, by himself, and done better. The choice of singer helps nothing either.

Slash's best hopes are a Guns reunion, or VR with Scott or Corey Taylor, all of which rather unlikely.

so, according to you...his 'usual sound' was done by him once? on the second snakepit album!? ha, hardly a usual sound then.

Frankly, you expect the man to reinvent the wheel with every release? Who is he? Buckethead??

He is a rock n roll, blues guitarist. He does aerosmith type music. Thats what he does. He's been fucking around trying not to do it for a while now, but he does the aersomith stuff the best. WHats the problem with producing what youre good at?

Does anybody complain that AC/DC are not delivering? because they always release the same album - so do aerosmith - and does anybody complain when eric clapton brings out another blues album?

How about when BB King releases another blues album?

DOES ANYBODY SAY THAT BB KING IS NOT DOING ANYTHING INTERESTING ON THE GUITAR AND SAY ITS THE SAME OLD STUFF WHEN BB KING RELEASES AN ALBUM?

No??

Why not?

Because thats what BB King does.

Slash is a rock n roll guitarist. Thats what he does.

Jesus ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP8I3xt__yk

here are the samples, since amazon are gay have taken them down.Enjoy.

so, according to you...his 'usual sound' was done by him once? on the second snakepit album!? ha, hardly a usual sound then.

Frankly, you expect the man to reinvent the wheel with every release? Who is he? Buckethead??

He is a rock n roll, blues guitarist. He does aerosmith type music. Thats what he does. He's been fucking around trying not to do it for a while now, but he does the aersomith stuff the best. WHats the problem with producing what youre good at?

Does anybody complain that AC/DC are not delivering? because they always release the same album - so do aerosmith - and does anybody complain when eric clapton brings out another blues album?

How about when BB King releases another blues album?

DOES ANYBODY SAY THAT BB KING IS NOT DOING ANYTHING INTERESTING ON THE GUITAR AND SAY ITS THE SAME OLD STUFF WHEN BB KING RELEASES AN ALBUM?

No??

Why not?

Because thats what BB King does.

Slash is a rock n roll guitarist. Thats what he does.

Jesus ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP8I3xt__yk

here are the samples, since amazon are gay have taken them down.Enjoy.

*standing ovation*