GnR/Thin Lizzy in the States please!!

gmsugaree

gmsugaree -

i was never really familiar with thin lizzy, but when i saw they were opening for GNR overseas, i decided to order the thin lizzy definitive collection CD. i think it's great and would love to go to a GNR/Thin Lizzy show.

bird catcher -

not a big stones fan, but could be interesting. i actually went to a rolling stones concert in high school because my friends and i wanted to see the smashing pumpkins (they were one of several openers). we actually left after the pumpkins and didn't stick around for the stones. in retrospect, we probably should have stayed.

The Stones are great of course, but the Thin Lizzy tour wouldnt cost a gazillion dollars per ticket, and I mean Thin Lizzy's catalog is just a blast to rock out to. I would hope that if they had a high profile opener like thin Lizzy, there wouldnt be a really long setbreak between the two acts. Sounds like a blast to me.... "Tonight there's gonna be a Jailbreak!"

I saw the Stones Voodoo Lounge tour in 1994. It was alot of fun. Didnt hurt that tix were $50 Face Only, and were 35th row center on the floor at Giants Stadium. I cant say it was even close to one of the best concerts I've ever seen, but I have to say it is inspiring seeing the rock n roll energy they are still putting out at their ages.

If someone has never seen the Stones and loves their music I'd recommend seeing them for sure, just so they can say they did. Since I've never seen Thin Lizzy, it really seems like a blast to catch them, especially if they sound good nowadays....

Thin Lizzy was an incredible band. Phil Lynott, Gary Moore. Nuff Said. Definition of raw rock n roll. Didnt get a lot of cred but are a treasure trove for people who need the good stuff. One of the first, I might add, to add that dual guitar sound (Les Pauls!) which we all love from AFD.

Edited by Eu4ic

Thin Lizzy in the UK in support of Guns. Are they big or their music well known in the US

They are known, you still hear a song or two occasionaly on the radio. They just finished a U.S. Tour last fall so I'm not sure they will be coming back in the next year

Thin Lizzy was an incredible band. Phil Lynott, Gary Moore. Nuff Said. Definition of raw rock n roll. Didnt get a lot of cred but are a treasure trove for people who need the good stuff. One of the first, I might add, to add that dual guitar sound (Les Pauls!) which we all love from AFD.

This^^^

Gary Moore did some good solo work as well,ck him out.

Edited by sailaway