New Soundgarden Single "Live to Rise" [Snippet]

realpoti

Rubbish album. Has nothing of what makes Soundgarden good. No Sabbath riffs, no full on wailing from Chris, no good basslines or awesome drumming from Matt and most of all boring songwriting.

Where did you hear the entire album? I gotta be honest with you, that riff isn't bad, but it's surely not the greatest thing they've come up with. Its like Slash's new album, at first I was a bit worried about the overall sound because the first single was a bit shitty, but, after listening to the entire album preview in amazon, I've changed my mind, there are some promising songs in there.

As for the disappointment factor (because the album don't sound like classic SG)... Cornell Made it clear that it is "certainly not nostalgic". It's a step forward from the last album. We'll have to wait and see.

BTW, That riff sounded very Black Sabath esque IMO, similar to Paranoid.

Edited by Chewbacca

Yeah, DOTU is a good album. I would've actually really liked to hear more atmospheric stuff like Boot Camp if they had made a follow up around the time.

Can't really say much for the snippet since it's only 22 seconds, but it does have a bit of an earlier Soundgarden edge to it. I wish they would've put at least a few seconds of Cornell's vocals in it though, the fact that they didn't makes me a bit nervous.

Rubbish album. Has nothing of what makes Soundgarden good. No Sabbath riffs, no full on wailing from Chris, no good basslines or awesome drumming from Matt and most of all boring songwriting.

Where did you hear the entire album? I gotta be honest with you, that riff isn't bad, but it's surely not the greatest thing they've come up with. Its like Slash's new album, at first I was a bit worried about the overall sound because the first single was a bit shitty, but, after listening to the entire album preview in amazon, I've changed my mind, there are some promising songs in there.

As for the disappointment factor (because the album don't sound like classic SG)... Cornell Made it clear that it is "certainly not nostalgic". It's a step forward from the last album. We'll have to wait and see.

Of course ive heard the whole album nyah. Of course I had to perform goatse for the band....read my post above man lol. This song has a mad riff IMO. In terms of grunge comebacks its more Black Gives Way to Blue than STP ie. Not shit.

Yeah, DOTU is a good album. I would've actually really liked to hear more atmospheric stuff like Boot Camp if they had made a follow up around the time.

Can't really say much for the snippet since it's only 22 seconds, but it does have a bit of an earlier Soundgarden edge to it. I wish they would've put at least a few seconds of Cornell's vocals in it though, the fact that they didn't makes me a bit nervous.

I have seen Chris three times last year (twice solo acoustic and once with SG) and judging by those shows I am not nervous about his vocals at all, he sounds fantastic - much, much better than any Audioslave era vocals

And yeah I love DOTU as well, such a cool album with a lot of experimental stuff. I love the hard hitting SG but I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest if this new album is more experimental and atmospheric

I have seen Chris three times last year (twice solo acoustic and once with SG) and judging by those shows I am not nervous about his vocals at all, he sounds fantastic - much, much better than any Audioslave era vocals

And yeah I love DOTU as well, such a cool album with a lot of experimental stuff. I love the hard hitting SG but I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest if this new album is more experimental and atmospheric

Can someone please tell me how to get into DOTU? Really feel like i'm missing the boat nyah.

Can someone please tell me how to get into DOTU? Really feel like i'm missing the boat nyah.

It is definitely a lot different from any of their other albums, I have found DOTU to be a bit more understated compared to say Badmotorfinger or even Superunknown.

I don't necessarily have any real answer on how to get into the album other than just listening to it, but I can definitely see where some people may not like the record if they are more accustomed to the heavy riffs and soaring-high vocals like in Jesus Christ Pose, Beyond the Wheel, Hands All Over, Flower, etc.

Edited by WhazUp

be a man and smoke some meth while listening to tighter & tighter.

See but thats the thing innit because Tighter and Tighter is like the only good song fuckin' surprise its the only riff written by Kim. To me Soundgarden is Chris wailing his fuckin' throat out over Kims Sabbath riffs with Ben and Matt keeping it solid in all dem mad timings.

Soundgarden mang, yey.

Of course ive heard the whole album nyah. Of course I had to perform goatse for the band....read my post above man lol. This song has a mad riff IMO. In terms of grunge comebacks its more Black Gives Way to Blue than STP ie. Not shit.

Oh, ok, sorry :lol: