Do you think Axl will debut new material in Ireland?

ITW 2012

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The promoter clearly hinted that new material would be played in Ireland.

this is the second time you're said this without giving a reference. source?

It's on the forum somewhere, but I don't think the search button works at the moment.

They debuted a few songs when they started touring in 99 or whenever it was. And I saw them in 2002 and they played blues, Madagascar, cd and rhiad....and that was six years before the CD came out.

So the possibility is certainly there. Sure would be awesome if they did!!!

They debuted a few songs when they started touring in 99 or whenever it was. And I saw them in 2002 and they played blues, Madagascar, cd and rhiad....and that was six years before the CD came out.

We all thought they would debut songs at Rio 2011, which of course they did not. Then it was "they are saving the new songs for the US audiences" which as we know, didn't happen. I don't see this tour as any different.

We all thought they would debut songs at Rio 2011, which of course they did not. Then it was "they are saving the new songs for the US audiences" which as we know, didn't happen. I don't see this tour as any different.

They were saving new songs for Americans but their turned out to be more life in a morgue than a U.S. concert.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Why would Axl want to give the "fans" at the european big tour what they clearly don't want to hear (new songs and even CD stuff)? :shrugs:

It's a band, bands tend to make new music every now and then.

IF they have new songs, they should just play it.

Fuck those who want the nostalgia act. Go see Slash live.

Also, Ireland should be glad that they're even getting a show.

And to answer ITW2012's question: No, they won't.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

My gut instinct is telling me "no" but I can't imagine this Chinese Democracy thing going on 12 years? But if there really is an album in the works this European tour can be the start of GNR's next chapter. The songs are there, it's up to Axl.

The promoter clearly hinted that new material would be played in Ireland.

"Clearly hinted" is a funny expression. Can you give me the source for this? The only thing I have read is the Irish Times article that said:

"[Guns N' Roses] are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete".

I don't think "likely to rehearse new songs" means that "new material will be played". I don't even think they will rehearse new material in Ireland.

To make up for the last incident in Ireland? Perhaps.

Most people who go to GN'R concerts don't care about new music. If anything they'd be irritated if some classic GN'R song were excluded on behalf of something new. So no, playing a new song, although we'd love it, will not serve to appease the general audience in an way.

Edited by SoulMonster

Most people who go to GN'R concerts don't care about new music. If anything they'd be irritated if some classic GN'R song were excluded on behalf of something new. So no, playing a new song, although we'd love it, will not serve to appease the general audience in an way.

If Axl really cared about appeasing the general audience he would reunite the band that wrote the songs that the general audience comes to hear.