Do you think Axl will debut new material in Ireland?

ITW 2012

No point of playing a new song unless they have a release date ironed out.

That's not really how the band works.

I heard new songs in 2002 - and the album didn't come out until 2008!

Look how excited people got when Axl pulled out 20 year old cover songs one concert - imagine how the crowd, and the forums would explode in happiness if the boys played an actual new song or two on this tour!!!!!! The positive press would really keep the buzz going!

Hmmm I think reception to a new song played live would be lukewarm by all by the most die-hard forum dwellers such as myself. It is true when people say the majority of the people at a live show are there for the classic hits. SCOM, WTTF, November Rain, Paradise. New songs don't go over so well for any band if they are played live without the fans/audiences being somewhat familiar with them.

I only went for Welcome to the Fungle.

I see what you did there.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how bands used to work though. Play the first single and a couple other songs before the album comes out, to create buzz for the next album!

It seems like everybody, Axl included, is placing way too much importance on the vault songs or playing a new song live. If they still have 'big guns" waiting on ice, then just pick the 4th or 5th best song and tell the crowd "here is a fun little song we've been working on, let's see if you like it." Playing 1-2 new songs isn't going to send all 10,000 people to the bathroom and beer garden.

Maybe I'm different than most fans of a band. Whenever I'm at a concert and hear the opening notes to a song I've never heard before I get goose bumps and get excited. It's like the first time kissing a new girl. So I don't know why people think casual fans (those willing to pay $100 for the show) are going to get mad and riot if the band plays one or two new songs.

Just my opinion though! I just think it would be an awesome nice for the band to break out a new song or two. Adding estranged, civil war, you're crazy were great moves and the fans really appreciated those additions. Two new songs would shut up all the naysayers and be an early birthday present for all the fans!!!!

Just a thought......not making a demand or telling GnR how to run their band. Just a wish from a fan!

well said, man. it would do more good than harm. it's a win-win situation. the fans would love it, and it's a good way to test the new material. can't really see why there is no new material being played live.

Two new songs would shut up all the naysayers and be an early birthday present for all the fans!!!!

nothing.

NOTHING.

NOTHING will EVER shut up all the naysayers. not a new song. not a new album. not a reunion. not anything ever.

nothing short of a time machine will ever shut up all the naysayers, and even then, they might complain that the time machine doesn't have AC.

not all of them, but some of these so called "naysayers" are just fans eager for new material. anywhere in the internet, you'll find "cupcakes" (oh how i hate this term) and yes, they will always try to cause trouble. i'm sure 90% of the posters considered "haters" here would be happy with hearing new material. what you call naysayers are, in fact, frustated fans that like to share their feelings and should be allowed to do that, if it bothers you, just ignore it.

Msl that's the attitude I don't understand.

If people want to blame Axl for the breakup and hate that he kept the name then more power to them. Hate away.

But then why care so much about it now?

Everybody in the band has moved on. But a few fans can't?

Why are these fans so obsessed with everything Axl does?

I'm 99% Axl and 1% Slash. And I hated Vel Revolver. But I liked Slash's solo album. I can't wait to hear the next one. And I can't wait to see what singer VR get.

My point is why do the naysayers still complain? It's been 15 years. Life is too short to carry a grudge that long!!!! I have a few people I don't like in real life. But I don't put that hate and anger monkey on my back and haul it around for years and years and let it wear down my muscles. I just simply ignore them. I don't get why a fan of the old band would still be complaining so much. It is crazy.

But I know u are probably correct.

No matter what Axl does or accomplishes, there will still be people complaining and bashing him.

i didn't call anybody naysayers. i quoted somebody that did.

who said people shouldn't share their feelings?

i'm totally in favor of sharing feelings.

right now, i feel cold. i'm going to put a street fighter IV snuggie on top of my head to stay warm.

How can anyone not like this guy?

Two new songs would shut up all the naysayers and be an early birthday present for all the fans!!!!

nothing.

NOTHING.

NOTHING will EVER shut up all the naysayers. not a new song. not a new album. not a reunion. not anything ever.

nothing short of a time machine will ever shut up all the naysayers, and even then, they might complain that the time machine doesn't have AC.

Exactly.

It's been 15 years. Life is too short to carry a grudge that long!!!! I have a few people I don't like in real life. But I don't put that hate and anger monkey on my back and haul it around for years and years and let it wear down my muscles.

Agree he shoud just let go of the hate. Still spewing bile about him and calling him a cancer etc after all this time it can't be good for him.

Kill devil hill......what do you do in that situation? At a concert of one of your three favorite bands....and the singer says "here is a new song, one you have never heard before".......do you get excited, or do you use that time to go the bathroom?

Not sure what this has to do with my post, but I would shit myself without even considering using a restroom, and then I would silently hope this is being recorded so that I can hear it again.

If it's a band I don't really care for, I'd feel cool for being at the show and try to give the song a nice and fair shake.

It's been 15 years. Life is too short to carry a grudge that long!!!! I have a few people I don't like in real life. But I don't put that hate and anger monkey on my back and haul it around for years and years and let it wear down my muscles.

Agree he shoud just let go of the hate. Still spewing bile about him and calling him a cancer etc after all this time it can't be good for him.

Haaaaa

The worst posters are the posters who care so so much about what others post.

Don't let it get to you, half the big posters here... all they do is say what they don't like about how OTHER people post. Now how in the hell is that any better than the people who disagree with a lot of what Axl does?!

It's such a mess and these people who think they're part of the solution are part of the problem. Just talk and don't let what anyone on the other side of the "great divide" get to you. There will always be people here who hate new gnr because Slash, Izzy, etc are gone and there will always be people whoo blindly love Axl's every bowel movement.

Trying to totally discredit the new band or trying to weasel out the importance of the old members gets nothing done. Every thread is the same people posting the same things thinking things will change. You guys are like the Republicans lol, "let's do the same thing that didn't work last time and hope it works this time, it's got to eventually!"