Listen here all you Nutters

Apollo

The forum has been a little bitchy lately, lost of people focusing on attacking those who disagree with them rather than staying on topic. You know - instead of saying "I disagree with you. And this is why....." now we constantly have the "I disagree with you. And the reason why is because you are an e-expert, egotistical douchbag who is retarded."

I have been guilty of enflaming this behavior by using the word Nutter a lot.

To me, a Nutter is somebody who refuses to acknowledge reality and would rather cut off their own hand than to admit that Axl Rose isn't perfect or that he has ever failed or did anything wrong. A Nutter worships everything Axl does. And if somebody disagrees or writes anything negative about Axl, the Nutters will go crazy and bash that poster for the next three years.

Like I've said before, a Nutter is just as toxic to the forum as those who come here specifically to bash Axl.

I just had a long rant with Rabia where the majority of her responses weren't about the actual GnR topic, but just multiple reasons on why she thinks I'm crazy, delusional, etc. I couldn't even respond to about half her points as they were so far fetched that I couldn't even somewhat logically try and pull them down close to reality - how do you resopnd to something that isn't true or relevant at all? If somebody accused you of speeding by their house in a red corvette and you told them you not only don't own a corvette, but you've never even been a passenger in one....and they say you are lying as they saw you drive one......at some point you just have to shrug your shoulders and walk away. And you LET them think that their perception or reality is true.

Anyway......

I apologize to all those that I've called a Nutter over the past month.

And I will try and keep the name-calling to a minimum and will try and stick to the actual topic at hand, rather than labeling people.

Though it is a rock n roll forum, so a little name calling and sarcasm can be funny. Just as long as people don't make it too personal, or as long as people DONT TAKE EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY.

And hopefully we all can not carry grudges from topic to topic!

GunsGuy is right. We all need to chill out a little and respect each other! We are all GnR fans, we just have different views and opinions on the band. Posting here should be fun! Not a constantly bash-fest with those we disagree with.

Edited by Groghan

The forum has been a little bitchy lately, lost of people focusing on attacking those who disagree with them rather than staying on topic. You know - instead of saying "I disagree with you. And this is why....." now we constantly have the "I disagree with you. And the reason why is because you are an e-expert, egotistical douchbag who is retarded."

I have been guilty of enflaming this behavior by using the word Nutter a lot.

To me, a Nutter is somebody who refuses to acknowledge reality and would rather cut off their own hand than to admit that Axl Rose isn't perfect or that he has ever failed or did anything wrong. A Nutter worships everything Axl does. And if somebody disagrees or writes anything negative about Axl, the Nutters will go crazy and bash that poster for the next three years.

Like I've said before, a Nutter is just as toxic to the forum as those who come here specifically to bash Axl.

I just had a long rant with Rabia where the majority of her responses weren't about the actual GnR topic, but just multiple reasons on why she thinks I'm crazy, delusional, etc. I couldn't even respond to about half her points as they were so far fetched that I couldn't even somewhat logically try and pull them down close to reality - how do you resopnd to something that isn't true or relevant at all? If somebody accused you of speeding by their house in a red corvette and you told them you not only don't own a corvette, but you've never even been a passenger in one....and they say you are lying as they saw you drive one......at some point you just have to shrug your shoulders and walk away. And you LET them think that their perception or reality is true.

Anyway......

I apologize to all those that I've called a Nutter over the past month.

And I will try and keep the name-calling to a minimum and will try and stick to the actual topic at hand, rather than labeling people.

Though it is a rock n roll forum, so a little name calling and sarcasm can be funny. Just as long as people don't make it too personal, or as long as people DONT TAKE EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY.

And hopefully we all can not carry grudges from topic to topic!

GunsGuy is right. We all need to chill out a little and respect each other! We are all GnR fans, we just have different views and opinions on the band. Posting here should be fun! Not a constantly bash-fest with those we disagree with.

I don't know if this is the right section for this. But, I'll agree that we can disagree and disagree respectfully. Name-calling does nothing to move the discussion forward. I actually think the mods should show less tolerance for name-calling than they do, but that's just me. There are people who are capable of having respectful disagreements and those who are not, at least not consistently. Those who are not will always be problems for the forum.

Ali

Guest gunns5

Never really understood the cool story bro thing.

Care to explain?

you think creating a thread about the posts or posters here would actually result in anything other than more bullshit being slung around?

Cool story bro is to signify the point that it's exactly that, pointless.

Groghan, you and I have gotten into it on multiple occasions but generally your points are always accurate and realistic, and not jaded or unreasonable. You're a good poster, I just think some people take things personally sometimes or don't see things realistically and prefer a sort of "fantasized view" of events. Regardless, we're all fans of Guns N' Roses here, whether it's one iteration or another, and we all love music.

nutters.png

Glad to see this actually. I think if you look back more than a few weeks I've posted quite a bit of non-Axl praise (even criticism of The Artiste, as a matter of fact), just as I know you've posted a lot more than "Nutters!" rants. We're all thinking people here, not just one dimensional caricatures, so it'll be good to put all the nonsense of this last month out of the way.

Edited by Flayer

that version of the Talisman is just... :shocked:

This is the third time this week a thread has been directed at specific members due to their behavior. Again, this is only asking for trouble. Don't like someone on the forum? Hit the ignore button.