Slash at Guitar Player Magazine Brazil : "The more we seek a singer to VR, harder to find..."

auad

219.jpg

In an interview with the Brazilian edition of Guitar Player, the magazine's cover story March, Slash talks about his career, equipment and more. The legendary guitarist spoke exclusively with Englishman Henry de Souza. When asked why it is so difficult to find a new Velvet Revolver singer, and he assembled a band to ground so fast, the answer was as follows.

"Do you know? I was lucky to find Myles for my band. It was almost a blessing because it kind of happened when I was not necessarily sure what did or what he wanted. Originally, it was collecting various vocalists, and happened to bump into the Myles. At one point, he came to be invited to the Velvet Revolver, but was not very interested because of his commitments with the ALTER BRIDGE "banda" official "Myles Kennedy." Moreover, working with me was much simpler and somewhat less compromised. For Velvet Revolver, I think, the more we try, the harder it is to find someone. "

The cover story in Guitar Player also brings a general SLASH recorded on disks that since 1987, including a text on the 25th anniversary of the classic 'Appetite for Destruction'. There is also a timeline showing the major steps of the guitarist and a lesson from 20 years.

http://guitarplayer.uol.com.br/

easy to undersand.

the only vocalist to VR is scott. i always said that.

Easy to understand.

The only vocalist to VR is Scott.

I Always said that.

219.jpg

In an interview with the Brazilian edition of Guitar Player, the magazine's cover story March, Slash talks about his career, equipment and more. The legendary guitarist spoke exclusively with Englishman Henry de Souza. When asked why it is so difficult to find a new Velvet Revolver singer, and he assembled a band to ground so fast, the answer was as follows.

"Do you know? I was lucky to find Myles for my band. It was almost a blessing because it kind of happened when I was not necessarily sure what did or what he wanted. Originally, it was collecting various vocalists, and happened to bump into the Myles. At one point, he came to be invited to the Velvet Revolver, but was not very interested because of his commitments with the ALTER BRIDGE "banda" official "Myles Kennedy." Moreover, working with me was much simpler and somewhat less compromised. For Velvet Revolver, I think, the more we try, the harder it is to find someone. "

The cover story in Guitar Player also brings a general SLASH recorded on disks that since 1987, including a text on the 25th anniversary of the classic 'Appetite for Destruction'. There is also a timeline showing the major steps of the guitarist and a lesson from 20 years.

http://guitarplayer.uol.com.br/

easy to undersand.

the only vocalist to VR is scott. i always said that.

Easy to understand.

The only vocalist to VR is Scott.

I Always said that.

Just received this magazine. There's a lot of cool stuff in this (long) interview, I've just found out that he used a baritone guitar on one of the songs from AL.

i don't get it, interviewers are asking the wrong question all the time regarding VR..

have you found the singer?.. it's a rethorical question, everybody knows the answer, how about "are you guys in contact?, have you jammed lately, is the band in hiatus, have you lost interest, hs anybody quit?, when's the new website finished?" is like they don't even know how they make a living. how do they prepare a interview?, i have no idea but i guess they have to do some research on what's the guy doing and what people's been asking to avoid repeating the same questions?

I think VR is dead in the water to be honest. Sure, they're keeping things 'open', but the reality of the matter is they are all now doing very well with their own projects and commitments.

Maybe one day the planets will realignand Scott will fancy writing another album with them.

LA

I think VR is dead in the water to be honest. Sure, they're keeping things 'open', but the reality of the matter is they are all now doing very well with their own projects and commitments.

Maybe one day the planets will realignand Scott will fancy writing another album with them.

LA

IMO VR Albuns are better to anything they are doing in the 'own projects' actually.

LA

IMO VR Albuns are better to anything they are doing in the 'own projects' actually.

I agree to an extent, but it depends. IMO, Contraband was way better than Slashs solo album and Duff's output with Loaded. However, I have a feeling Slash's next release will be much better than Libertad

LA

I agree to an extent, but it depends. IMO, Contraband was way better than Slashs solo album and Duff's output with Loaded. However, I have a feeling Slash's next release will be much better than Libertad

I would not say that, but, just remember...Libertad is a great fuckin rock n roll record (IMO)...

Edited by auad