izzy stradlin guitar parts

ronaldoortiz1958

i have some questions to you guys

first of all i want to know if the booklet information on UYI is correct...izzy did not play on coma, civil war and locomotive??

the solo on back off bitch intro is izzy, but lead guitar on double talkin jive is izzy too?? the booklet says that lead guitar is izzy

next i want to know if you guys can hear the izzy's parts on songs like estranged, november rain, 14 years and right next door the hell for example...i know that his parts are more proeminent on tracks like perfect crime, pretty tie up and some others

sorry for the number of questions but these are questions that i really want to know since years ago and i know things like izzys parts is on the left or his style of play rhythm

Thanx

Slash overdubbed all of Izzy's work.

This.

A lot of what is left of Izzy's guitar work is relatively low in the mix much of the time unfortunately. The best way to hear him is to listen through headphones and focus on the left ear. I've read somewhere that Izzy didn't show up for overdubs so when a track was deemed unusable Slash would just re-do the rhythms.

Slash overdubbed all of Izzy's work.

This.

A lot of what is left of Izzy's guitar work is relatively low in the mix much of the time unfortunately. The best way to hear him is to listen through headphones and focus on the left ear. I've read somewhere that Izzy didn't show up for overdubs so when a track was deemed unusable Slash would just re-do the rhythms.

You mean for Illusions? Certainly not AFD.

I think slash made some overdubs on the songs like guitars on center, right channel and sometimes on left channel too but if you listen carefully you'll hear some rhythm track lower on the mix on left channel that has a izzy style of playin with less distortion and similar to the rhythm that he played on AFD,the problem is that slash overdubs a LOT of guitar parts in the final mix and this difficults to hear izzy tracks...i think the best way is pay attention on left channel...but someone said that slash overdubs all izzy's parts and i have to disagree because i think izzy himself plays his own parts ... his style and tone is unique...

I made this topic to share opinions and to know what you guys think

I think slash made some overdubs on the songs like guitars on center, right channel and sometimes on left channel too but if you listen carefully you'll hear some rhythm track lower on the mix on left channel that has a izzy style of playin with less distortion and similar to the rhythm that he played on AFD,the problem is that slash overdubs a LOT of guitar parts in the final mix and this difficults to hear izzy tracks...i think the best way is pay attention on left channel...but someone said that slash overdubs all izzy's parts and i have to disagree because i think izzy himself plays his own parts ... his style and tone is unique...

Exactly. With the exception of Civil War, Shotgun Blues, Locomotive, The Garden and Coma; Izzy defintely plays on all the other tracks. His guitar in the mix does vary from not as audible as Slash (Perfect Crime, YCBM, RNDTH, DTJ) to barely there (Bad Apples, 14 Years, Yesterdays). In general, he's much more audible on UYI 1 over 2.

Exactly. With the exception of Civil War, Shotgun Blues, Locomotive, The Garden and Coma; Izzy defintely plays on all the other tracks. His guitar in the mix does vary from not as audible as Slash (Perfect Crime, YCBM, RNDTH, DTJ) to barely there (Bad Apples, 14 Years, Yesterdays). In general, he's much more audible on UYI 1 over 2.

Hi brother morphine you're welcome...i can hear izzy better on some tracks like perfect crime...today i was listening "don't damn me" with headphones and you can hear his chords and rhythm ideas...i think who said that slash overdubed ALL izzy parts on UYI is saing bullshit...there are parts that are izzy cool way of playing like perfect crime, YCBM, dust n bones, back off bitch, bad obsession etc...

thanx for replying

• 1 month later...

I find it pretty obvious that the electric solo on DTJ is Izzy - or should I say it is def not Slash, just not his style of solo although he made it his bitch during the tours. The same can be said about Back Off Bitch.

Overall, his guitar parts can be heard if you can pick through Slash's rhythm parts. Slash's rhythm parts are the perfectly "in-sync driving power chords" that sound like Velvet Revolver rhythm playing while Izzy's rhythm parts are more "strummy" if that makes sense. Pretty sure he's primarily on the left channel/speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they would release the multitracks for AFD and the UYI albums. I love Izzy's guitar playing but sometimes I can barely hear it. I know there's a video in YouTube where it had his guitar on Jungle isolated. I wish I could find more of those.