Dj Ashba: "I’ve demoed up 10 to 12 songs right now "

Guest Gunns

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

Ashba has been saying this for a while, yet as of last year, they haven't been in the studio so maybe he's ideas aren't good enough to warrant studio time with the band,

at least he is sincere, he can't pull robin's solo live properly so he changed the solo to something he can play.

Nice interview btw.

Where are the cupcakes now? I tried to find some self-promotion like Ashba swag and nothing appears :rolleyes:

So you call cupcakes those who think DJ Ashba promotes itself during these interviews (and in GNR)?

Not a logical move...

it’s something we’ve all been talking about pretty heavily and I’ve demoed up 10 to 12 songs right now just on my own that I’m gonna throw in the pile and I threw Axl a couple of songs and he got right back to me and really seemed to dig it a lot.

Unfortunately, I think "WE" is Guns N' Roses minus Axl. During That Metal Show Axl sounded like he was still really focused on Chinese Democracy, not the new stuff.

at least he is sincere, he can't pull robin's solo live properly so he changed the solo to something he can play.

Nice interview btw.

Where are the cupcakes now? I tried to find some self-promotion like Ashba swag and nothing appears :rolleyes:

So you call cupcakes those who think DJ Ashba promotes itself during these interviews (and in GNR)?

Not a logical move...

That's what happens when ass kissing surpass common sense.

I know you can’t read what the future’s gonna hold but, do you feel like you’re gonna have an opportunity to write new material with Guns N Roses, in the future?

Yeah, I actually do and it’s something we’ve all been talking about pretty heavily and I’ve demoed up 10 to 12 songs right now just on my own that I’m gonna throw in the pile and I threw Axl a couple of songs and he got right back to me and really seemed to dig it a lot. So, yeah, I think it’s gonna be good, man. He has a lot of stuff on his sleeve, he has a lot of stuff recorded that I can’t wait to get on and kinda do my thing to so, it’s exciting but it’s a big, big engine to move. Sixx A.M. — there’s three guys; there’s no one else involved.

Major "LOL"!

4.gif

Ashba has been saying this for a while, yet as of last year, they haven't been in the studio so maybe he's ideas aren't good enough to warrant studio time with the band,

I don't think DJ knows his place in this band. He's been talking about writing and demoing these songs ever since he joined, and he always concludes it with some vague unresolved "Axl seemed like he really digs it" I mean Thal, Fortus, and Stinson have been in the band how many years now? Never heard them talk about pitching their own songs to Axl because they've been in this band long enough to know that's not why they're there. When it comes to getting shit done in the studio, Axl is going to call the shots, and I'd bet (AND PRAY TO FUCKING GOD) before they ever start working around the cute little riffs of DJ Ashba, they'll finish the other songs they've been working on for the past decade in a half.

I don't think DJ knows his place in this band. He's been talking about writing and demoing these songs ever since he joined, and he always concludes it with some vague unresolved "Axl seemed like he really digs it" I mean Thal, Fortus, and Stinson have been in the band how many years now? Never heard them talk about pitching their own songs to Axl because they've been in this band long enough to know that's not why they're there. When it comes to getting shit done in the studio, Axl is going to call the shots, and I'd bet (AND PRAY TO FUCKING GOD) before they ever start working around the cute little riffs of DJ Ashba, they'll finish the other songs they've been working on for the past decade in a half.

+1.

Haha the TIL solo wasnt translating live lol why DJ, because the solo doesnt sell or because you never actually played it live because you lack the skill necessary to do so?

Sorry I had to throw that in there. Hazing DJ Ashba, the Saudi Disc Jockey.

Robin, I think you werent that great in GNR, and I thought it was ironic to see all the people who hated on Gnr and 'corporate rock' on stage with Axl trying to look like rock gods, but please if you could show up and play TIL live - the right way - I'd enjoy it and Deej would benefit immensely.

When it comes to getting shit done in the studio, Axl is going to call the shots

This I Love. Axl did not want to do that song. AT ALL. Robin and Caram did. So they did it.

When it comes to getting shit done in the studio, Axl is going to call the shots

This I Love. Axl did not want to do that song. AT ALL. Robin and Caram did. So they did it.

Yeah, eventually. It's not like they released the album including This I Love against his will, Axl has the final say.

Yeah, eventually. It's not like they released the album including This I Love against his will, Axl has the final say.

Axl didn't want to do This I Love. They did it anyway. I don't really see that as him "calling the shots".