Dj Ashba: "I’ve demoed up 10 to 12 songs right now "

Guest Gunns

He can demo all he likes but what's the point if no-one ever hears them! Stop talking or record the songs already. Still saying the same thing for 3 years now wow

It is in no way, shape or form his fault that they haven't recorded the new songs already. Trust me... if there's on person on the current GnR camp that wants to release new material, it's DJ. If Axl actually listened to what he has do say, we'd be in a much, much better situation than we are right now. People are really unfair to Ashba here. Richard, the forum favorite, might be a lot more skilled as a player, but he clearly has no ambition of releasing or composing with GnR.

I totally agree I don't think it's his fault and I think it's crazy of Axl to let this go on when he has an over enthuasiastic guitarist who would be so into the project and can't to work with and help him. Even if the record company are stalling a release what's to stop Axl from sitting down with DJ and writing with him the past 3 years. The same puzzle over and over ha

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how Axl drives all the whiners and haters crazy. It's so funny to watch them try so hard to impugn him.

Just out of curiosity,

If somebody isn't a fan of Slash, Adler or Matt, does that make them a whiner and hater as well?

Or are whiners and haters just those who don't praise and idolize Axl at every turn?

And, if somebody just posts there opinion on a GnR forum, is that really whining and going crazy? Or is it just posting a few lines on a music forum, just like those are who praise and worship Axl?

Oh c'mon you know what I mean. There are people on this board who repeatedly criticize Axl. Not just repeatedly, but incessantly. Over and over. Now, let me be very clear here: I don't fault anyone for expressing an opinion, positive or negative. But when people are just here to talk shit about Axl in every thread, or use every thread as a cheap opportunity to dramatize a situation to make him look bad, well I tell ya, it gets old. And annoying. And I'm being very literal about the whining. People seriously act like petulant little whiners.

When people complain about trivial things, or things they should know by now, then that makes them a whiner. Defining a hater is harder, because some folks indeed can be positive one day, then all pissy the next. And that's fine, but I don't know how in the world you can possibly deny that there aren't haters on this forum. If Axl's behavior bothers them so much, why are they here? I'll answer that: they're here to cupcake those who aren't bothered as much by Axl's actions.

You may label me an Axl idolater, but the truth is just that I accept the reality of situations better and faster than some on here. So you can concoct cockamamie trapdoor all-or-nothing logical premises, but the deep down, on some level, you know what I'm talking about.

Axl is a deity to some of the people here...

And so is Slash. =b

Battle of the gods. ; )

Guest gunns5

It's not new songs written by dj and being released on a gnr album that cocerns me, it's him constantly saying how he wants to add his own guitar work on the songs from the cd era. That isn't a step forward in the right direction IMO

I love how Axl drives all the whiners and haters crazy. It's so funny to watch them try so hard to impugn him.

Just out of curiosity,

If somebody isn't a fan of Slash, Adler or Matt, does that make them a whiner and hater as well?

Or are whiners and haters just those who don't praise and idolize Axl at every turn?

And, if somebody just posts there opinion on a GnR forum, is that really whining and going crazy? Or is it just posting a few lines on a music forum, just like those are who praise and worship Axl?

Oh c'mon you know what I mean. There are people on this board who repeatedly criticize Axl. Not just repeatedly, but incessantly. Over and over. Now, let me be very clear here: I don't fault anyone for expressing an opinion, positive or negative. But when people are just here to talk shit about Axl in every thread, or use every thread as a cheap opportunity to dramatize a situation to make him look bad, well I tell ya, it gets old. And annoying. And I'm being very literal about the whining. People seriously act like petulant little whiners.

When people complain about trivial things, or things they should know by now, then that makes them a whiner. Defining a hater is harder, because some folks indeed can be positive one day, then all pissy the next. And that's fine, but I don't know how in the world you can possibly deny that there aren't haters on this forum. If Axl's behavior bothers them so much, why are they here? I'll answer that: they're here to cupcake those who aren't bothered as much by Axl's actions.

You may label me an Axl idolater, but the truth is just that I accept the reality of situations better and faster than some on here. So you can concoct cockamamie trapdoor all-or-nothing logical premises, but the deep down, on some level, you know what I'm talking about.

And so is Slash. =b

Battle of the gods. ; )

I don't care too much for Slash. Used to write awesome solos but caved into mediocrity.

Just out of curiosity,

And so is Slash. =b

Battle of the gods. ; )

I don't care too much for Slash. Used to write awesome solos but caved into mediocrity.

I agree and it kind of pisses me off. He had such amazing talent back in the day. I wonder what happened. I thought that sobering up would help him improve his talent, but I think that he has done nothing but progressively roll down hill with each new thing being worse than the last.

I would love it if he started showing any of the talent that he has buried somewhere, but everything he's done post Guns has been a letdown to me.

Your bias and unwillingness to admit anything Axl does can be wrong is funny. Remains a continuing story for GN'R Fans? BAHAHAHAHA.

What I find amusing is that you couldnt address the points I raised and so decided to try to weak-kneed move of deflecting them instead. I don't think you have to look hard for evidence that Oh My God is a continuing story for GN'R fans- its mentioned on this forum more often that IRS or If the World, songs that came out more recently.

I asked you a simple question- if Axl responds to vilification by refusing responsibility for songs, why did he make no such effort with previous highly vilified songs like One in a Million or Get in the Ring or even the entire album Chinese Democracy which was farrr more vilified than a single, forgotten song on an old forgotten movie's soundtrack. You have proven that you cant quite come up with an answer. :)

Axl has made a million excuses for One in a Million AND also Look at you game girl, also My World. The "Oh My God" being a demo thing is just another excuse. I don't address the points you raised because you are pulling them out of thin air to protect your deity. Really now? Axl put a demo out for an official soundtrack to a Hollywood movie that was a comeback vehicle for Arnold Schwarzenegger? Do you really think he much of an unprofessional?

It is entertaining to see how far you keep reaching.

You're so predictable, its funny. You cant deal with a different opinion so you try to hide behind name-calling instead. Thanks for the interesting attempt to diagnose my "religious orientation" but no human being, Axl or otherwise could ever have a claim at "deity" status in my eyes. :)

Axl tried to explain where he was coming from with One in a Million but he did not distance himself from the song. By your logic, anybody can be accused of racism, homophobia etc in their life and if they try to present their response it should be labelled as an "excuse" because the accusation itself is sufficient proof of guilt. He simply said that using Look at Your Game Girl was about trying to show people something related to Manson that they werent aware of before and that he liked the lyrics - what an "excuse". :D

Oh, so you believe that Axl is a thorough and consummate professional at all times, eh? Have you expressed this opinion in other threads on the forum because I'd love to see you be consistent on this score. :)

Actually you were the one who was "reaching" by beating your chest and claiming that there was no way anybody could have convinced Axl to put This I Love on CD when clear evidence exists of his acting on others' advice before. Ha!

He isn't making excuses because that is the CD he intended to make.

Exactly.

whoa whoa whoa, lets not spin shit around here.

On the last page you were talking about how Axl wanted to re-work Oh My God because of the way it was received by critics, my whole argument was how wrong that is. So you've changed your tune or what?

Did you bother reading my previous response to you? Because I made it absolutely clear that that was NOT what I said at all. Shouldn't be so hard to go back to the previous page.

LOLLLLLL! Axl himself said people couldn't handle OIAM, hence why he stopped playing it. He was putting the blame on others like he always does. Shows how much you know.

Oh yeah, Axl put out a demo for a high-budget movie soundtrack. TRUE STORY BROOOOO!

Just out of curiosity,

And so is Slash. =b

Battle of the gods. ; )

I agree and it kind of pisses me off. He had such amazing talent back in the day. I wonder what happened. I thought that sobering up would help him improve his talent, but I think that he has done nothing but progressively roll down hill with each new thing being worse than the last.

I would love it if he started showing any of the talent that he has buried somewhere, but everything he's done post Guns has been a letdown to me.

He has revealed some unattractive features,and mediocre music.

The fact that he did continue to work on Oh My God later seems to suggest that he's invested in the song as some level. A "shit song" suffering from being panned by critics would be better off just buried, not re-worked for a possible later release and continued presence on the proposed setlist.

So... you think artists should take the critics seriously enough to the point where they tweak their work BECAUSE SOME FUCKING CRITICS DIDN'T LIKE IT???

That's pretty disgraceful

Ha! sweetness I like Oh my God, who the hell needs critics to dictate their tastes?

I think Slash's solo worked best in Guns cos those songs had a soul and his solos really took the songs somewhere. They seemed to have a purpose, whereas some of the latter day stuff, the solos are the same it's just the songs aren't as strong. There's still good ones like Fall to Pieces, Starlight but there's some especially VR were the solos sort of seem less important.

Edited by wasted

This. I loved VR but since they broke up the music he's put out has been such a let down to me with the exception of a few songs like the ones with Lemmy and Iggy Pop.

When I pull out some Guns solos to play on guitar I'm blown away. Solos like Don't Cry, both Estranged solos, November rain etc. It's amazing work, guitarists kill to create solos like that. I don't know what happened after UYI..

This. I loved VR but since they broke up the music he's put out has been such a let down to me with the exception of a few songs like the ones with Lemmy and Iggy Pop.

When I pull out some Guns solos to play on guitar I'm blown away. Solos like Don't Cry, both Estranged solos, November rain etc. It's amazing work, guitarists kill to create solos like that. I don't know what happened after UYI..

And to think Slash didn't even want to do November Rain and Estranged! Estranged is his best work imo, it's a masterpiece. When you look at that solo and compare it to what he's doing now.... :no:

I guess that the fact Axl was always setting out to do new things pushed Slash into also doing new things and pushing himself to make these amazing solos and Slash coming up with these solos made Axl do his very best as well. Of course I can't know, only they know, but to me it seems like they got the best out in each other musically, they pushed each other to do their very best. Everytime I hear Estranged (especially the opening of the song with Axl whispering and then the guitar kicking in) it sends chills down my spine like no other song can.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

And to think Slash didn't even want to do November Rain and Estranged! Estranged is his best work imo, it's a masterpiece. When you look at that solo and compare it to what he's doing now.... :no:

I guess that the fact Axl was always setting out to do new things pushed Slash into also doing new things and pushing himself to make these amazing solos and Slash coming up with these solos made Axl do his very best as well. Of course I can't know, only they know, but to me it seems like they got the best out in each other musically, they pushed each other to do their very best. Everytime I hear Estranged (especially the opening of the song with Axl whispering and then the guitar kicking in) it sends chills down my spine like no other song can.

Slash totally didn't want to do those songs! Nail on head :)

Your bias and unwillingness to admit anything Axl does can be wrong is funny. Remains a continuing story for GN'R Fans? BAHAHAHAHA.

What I find amusing is that you couldnt address the points I raised and so decided to try to weak-kneed move of deflecting them instead. I don't think you have to look hard for evidence that Oh My God is a continuing story for GN'R fans- its mentioned on this forum more often that IRS or If the World, songs that came out more recently.

I asked you a simple question- if Axl responds to vilification by refusing responsibility for songs, why did he make no such effort with previous highly vilified songs like One in a Million or Get in the Ring or even the entire album Chinese Democracy which was farrr more vilified than a single, forgotten song on an old forgotten movie's soundtrack. You have proven that you cant quite come up with an answer. :)

Axl has made a million excuses for One in a Million AND also Look at you game girl, also My World. The "Oh My God" being a demo thing is just another excuse. I don't address the points you raised because you are pulling them out of thin air to protect your deity. Really now? Axl put a demo out for an official soundtrack to a Hollywood movie that was a comeback vehicle for Arnold Schwarzenegger? Do you really think he much of an unprofessional?

You're so predictable, its funny. You cant deal with a different opinion so you try to hide behind name-calling instead. Thanks for the interesting attempt to diagnose my "religious orientation" but no human being, Axl or otherwise could ever have a claim at "deity" status in my eyes. :)

Axl tried to explain where he was coming from with One in a Million but he did not distance himself from the song. By your logic, anybody can be accused of racism, homophobia etc in their life and if they try to present their response it should be labelled as an "excuse" because the accusation itself is sufficient proof of guilt. He simply said that using Look at Your Game Girl was about trying to show people something related to Manson that they werent aware of before and that he liked the lyrics - what an "excuse". :D

Oh, so you believe that Axl is a thorough and consummate professional at all times, eh? Have you expressed this opinion in other threads on the forum because I'd love to see you be consistent on this score. :)

Actually you were the one who was "reaching" by beating your chest and claiming that there was no way anybody could have convinced Axl to put This I Love on CD when clear evidence exists of his acting on others' advice before. Ha!

Exactly.

On the last page you were talking about how Axl wanted to re-work Oh My God because of the way it was received by critics, my whole argument was how wrong that is. So you've changed your tune or what?

Did you bother reading my previous response to you? Because I made it absolutely clear that that was NOT what I said at all. Shouldn't be so hard to go back to the previous page.

LOLLLLLL! Axl himself said people couldn't handle OIAM, hence why he stopped playing it. He was putting the blame on others like he always does. Shows how much you know.

Oh yeah, Axl put out a demo for a high-budget movie soundtrack. TRUE STORY BROOOOO!

LOL! Saying that people cant handle something and saying that you believe you should never have released it are two different things. How was he "putting the blame on others"? He's talked about how many people would listen to Its So Easy in the shows and only see it as a song about celebrating excess when it was meant to be more and how Izzy had a difficult time with people getting the wrong message out of the song. Doesnt mean that Izzy or Axl were ashamed of the song itself. He's said the same thing about Coma- about how he struggled with the words to show some hope in there because he didnt want people to look at the song as some manifesto of death.

Artists sometimes worry about how people might misunderstand or misinterpret their art. Its not an "excuse"- its just a fact that people all bring their own sensibilities to art and some things can be lost in translation. This is inevitable because you cant control how people perceive your work but I imagine its also frustrating at times.

I asked you a simple question- do you think Axl is always perfectly professional? Yet to receive an answer to that.

Exactly.

LOL! Saying that people cant handle something and saying that you believe you should never have released it are two different things. How was he "putting the blame on others"? He's talked about how many people would listen to Its So Easy in the shows and only see it as a song about celebrating excess when it was meant to be more and how Izzy had a difficult time with people getting the wrong message out of the song. Doesnt mean that Izzy or Axl were ashamed of the song itself. He's said the same thing about Coma- about how he struggled with the words to show some hope in there because he didnt want people to look at the song as some manifesto of death.

Artists sometimes worry about how people might misunderstand or misinterpret their art. Its not an "excuse"- its just a fact that people all bring their own sensibilities to art and some things can be lost in translation. This is inevitable because you cant control how people perceive your work but I imagine its also frustrating at times.

I asked you a simple question- do you think Axl is always perfectly professional? Yet to receive an answer to that.

In regards to actual music. Yes, I do believe he is an utter perfectionist, without one iota of doubt. Every single thing has to be perfect in his mind for it to be released. This is a guy who said Madagascar would not be released if the MLK speech was not included. I really, really doubt he released Oh My God as a demo because of this.

Edited by Young_Gun

The fact that he did continue to work on Oh My God later seems to suggest that he's invested in the song as some level. A "shit song" suffering from being panned by critics would be better off just buried, not re-worked for a possible later release and continued presence on the proposed setlist.

So... you think artists should take the critics seriously enough to the point where they tweak their work BECAUSE SOME FUCKING CRITICS DIDN'T LIKE IT???

That's pretty disgraceful

Ha! sweetness I like Oh my God, who the hell needs critics to dictate their tastes?

Just to clarify, sweetness has completely misunderstood my previous posts about Oh My God. I dont think even fans should be able to dictate an artist's creative choices- far from the critics ever having such influence. I already replied to him back on page 7 of this thread.

I'm not much of a fan of Oh My God but if an artist believes in a song that's all that matters.

Exactly.

In regards to actual music. Yes, I do believe he is an utter perfectionist, without one iota of doubt. Every single thing has to be perfect in his mind for it to be released. This is a guy who said Madagascar would not be released if the MLK speech was not included. I really, really doubt he released Oh My God as a demo because of this.

But we've also been told by Tommy that CD was taken out of Axl's hands right at the last minute. He was just about ready to hand it over himself but the label pushed things. He might not have 100% control as people often think.

But we've also been told by Tommy that CD was taken out of Axl's hands right at the last minute. He was just about ready to hand it over himself but the label pushed things. He might not have 100% control as people often think.

I think Tommy was referring to the actual printing and booklet though. Axl handed in the masters on his own accord and even selected one of 3 versions himself. Thankfully he passed on the 'loud' mix of Chidem.

I think Tommy was referring to the actual printing and booklet though. Axl handed in the masters on his own accord and even selected one of 3 versions himself. Thankfully he passed on the 'loud' mix of Chidem.

That could be true because Axl talked about the booklet himself in the forum chats. But people have talked about how some of the mixes on CD are a little rough so that opens up questions. But maybe Axl wanted it that way.

That could be true because Axl talked about the booklet himself in the forum chats. But people have talked about how some of the mixes on CD are a little rough so that opens up questions. But maybe Axl wanted it that way.

I think with so many instruments, what eventually became the finished version of CD was the best it could get without removing instruments from the mix.

It's pretty clear that without Slash's guitar work both songs wouldn't have been what they are right now. Slash was pushed by Axl, since there's no more Axl, there's no one forcing the man to his limits oh, and without drugs and booze you can't go that far either.

Exactly.

I asked you a simple question- do you think Axl is aloways perfectly professional? Yet to receive an answer to that.

I'll answer that right now,Hell No! Not playing the social games,and pushing the envelope aren't usually canvassed under the word "professional" imo being true to yourself is much more important than playing by the rules.