Today the GN'R family lost a friend and colleague, please pay respect to Armand Butts Crump

gunsguy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say a couple things everyone is thinking. First of all, whose guitar tech was he? I hope the Gn'R people find strength and comfort in one another. Secondlythe poor guy had a really unfortunate name. I'm not saying that to be a dick but in a way, it actually shows something positive. I would have remembered a name like that, but after 8 years on this forum I have never heard it, which means that despite all the folks here that try to latch on to every conceivable piece of Gn'R info, some remains private within the band, which is a very good thing, I think.

Rock on Armand.

Yeah - I'm at a loss, never heard of him - but tragic. 35 is no age to go at. Very unfortunate name too..

Also:

http://loudwire.com/slayer-guitar-tech-armand-crump-dies-rockers-react-on-twitter/

Slayer Guitar Tech Armand Crump Dies – Rockers React on Twitter

by: Mary Ouellette 10 hours ago

Some very sad news received out of the Slayer camp. Armand Crump, the band’s long time guitar tech and by all accounts a beloved and talented guy, passed away yesterday (March 31). Although the cause of death has not yet been revealed, Slayer’s Dave Lombardo did comment, saying, “Slayer and the metal road crew community is mourning the loss of a hard worker and dear friend Armand Butts Crump III. He was the best; he had to be to work for Kerry King. I'm going to miss him f—ing with me from stage left. I still can't believe it. We are deeply saddened. RIP ABCIII.” [More...]

Proving what a tight-knit group the metal community is, various musicians have been coming out of the woodwork to share their condolences and share their memories of Crump from Guns N’ Roses to Megadeth and everyone in between, each band having their own experiences with Crump and kind words for his family. Read the Tweets from members of the music community below.

Edited by The Sandman

Fernando Lebeis

7 hours ago

Today I cried, cried for the loss of my dearest friend. A friend in which regardless the situation, through thick and thin, would be there, having my back and putting someone on the ground for me. A friend like that, seldomly appears in someone's life and mine came and went, as fast as he entered my life, he left it. I hate him for what happened, but I will eternally love him for the actions he made when I was with him, the smiles he shared, the advices he passed forward. He carried a note I once wrote him, a note in which he said inspired him to be more than what he is used to. A person with a true meaning, purpose and gave him the courage he needed to keep moving forward.

I miss you Armand, I wish I had spent more time with you - but I am not going to go down this road, the what ifs, the should of been more, the if I was there, you would still be here.

You will be with me until the end of my days...

"Holy shit. Never thought I'd be writing this. The world lost a great man yesterday. It was an incredibly rough day for me, I can't imagine what it was like for his family and Cassie. Needless to say, no one saw this coming. I thought I had a great guitar tech until the day I retire. LIFE IS SHORT enjoy what you have while you have it.

I was one of the few lucky ones. I saw him Friday, played him some new Slayer and watched him bang his head and play air guitar. What a great dude!! I even got what may have been his last man hug. Love ya buddy."

-KFK

Fernando Lebeis

7 hours ago

Today I cried, cried for the loss of my dearest friend. A friend in which regardless the situation, through thick and thin, would be there, having my back and putting someone on the ground for me. A friend like that, seldomly appears in someone's life and mine came and went, as fast as he entered my life, he left it. I hate him for what happened, but I will eternally love him for the actions he made when I was with him, the smiles he shared, the advices he passed forward. He carried a note I once wrote him, a note in which he said inspired him to be more than what he is used to. A person with a true meaning, purpose and gave him the courage he needed to keep moving forward.

I miss you Armand, I wish I had spent more time with you - but I am not going to go down this road, the what ifs, the should of been more, the if I was there, you would still be here.

You will be with me until the end of my days...

That's deep. And sad. :(

I presume he may have filled in for a tour for GNR or something, but slayer being his main roadie band?

It is deep, it's sad when u know someone briefly and there taken away completely out of the blue and catches everyone off guard. We all know someone we wish we had back :(

Fernando Lebeis

7 hours ago

. I hate him for what happened, but I will eternally love him for the actions he made when I was with him, the smiles he shared, the advices he passed forward. He carried a note I once wrote him, a note in which he said inspired him to be more than what he is used to.

Sounds like drugs?

Fernando Lebeis

7 hours ago

. I hate him for what happened, but I will eternally love him for the actions he made when I was with him, the smiles he shared, the advices he passed forward. He carried a note I once wrote him, a note in which he said inspired him to be more than what he is used to.

Sounds like drugs?

I do not know so would rather not speculate. Could have been a million things really...

Edited by gunsguy

Fernando Lebeis

7 hours ago

Sounds like drugs?

Where do you get that from?

BTW - I interpret the "hate him for what happened" to be anger for leaving this world, it's not uncommon to be mad at people for dying young regardless of the cause of death.