SLASH : "AXL HATES MY GUTS"

gnr2012

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scott should sing at the hof if axl doesn't want to do it

No, he should not. He was a member of VR, not GN'R.

anything can happen at the hof :lol:

If that's your logic then the current GN'R line up might just as well play then.

yes! it ain't over 'til it's over.....

Ok, so for the last year it seemed Axl and Slash were being nice to each other. NOW as we approach the HOF, Slash says Axl hates his guts. DAMN IT.

What do you mean they were nice to each other? They haven't spoken in many years.

I will be surprised if Axl even shows up, very surprised.

Except for the fact that there is a convenient gap in the tour dates between USA and European gigs I would say zero chance.

and definatly zero chance they play at the HOF,

close to zero chance they do anything other than briefly acknowledge each others presence.

Axl has a serious case of the ass toward Slash.

Slash's mistake was thinking he had more to do with GNR's success than he actually did

demanding more artistic control of the band was just not being in touch with reality.

He should have done what he does best and better than maybe anyone alive, play lead guitar and stfu.

Axl's ego, and obvious front man egotistical status should have come as no surprise to Slash or anyone else that had been around Axl

as long as everyone in the band had.

Could Axl have been more gracious about it? no shit

you cant have Rolling Stones with no Mick Jaggar, you cant have Aerosmith with no Steven Tyler, and so it goes.

Slash got a rude career altering wake up call when he threw down the law according to Slash.

HOF is hardly on Axl's priority list,

and except for his ego not wanting to be upstaged I'd say there was zero chance of him showing.

And very well because of this same ego there may be less than zero chance.

it was a bad choice not to take Corey Taylor

It was a bad choice getting rid of Scott.

not really, judging by his performance at the little reunion gig from a few months back.

But Corey would've been great.

That was one gig and they hadn't played together in a long time so give Scott a break.

one gig, sure but I saw him the year before with STP and it was much the same story, he's not on fire like he was before IMO, he's missing something now.

Except for the fact that there is a convenient gap in the tour dates between USA and European gigs I would say zero chance.

close to zero chance they do anything other than briefly acknowledge each others presence.

Slash's mistake was thinking he had more to do with GNR's success than he actually did

demanding more artistic control of the band was just not being in touch with reality.

He should have done what he does best and better than maybe anyone alive, play lead guitar and stfu.

Axl's ego, and obvious front man egotistical status should have come as no surprise to Slash or anyone else that had been around Axl

you cant have Rolling Stones with no Mick Jaggar, you cant have Aerosmith with no Steven Tyler, and so it goes.

Slash got a rude career altering wake up call when he threw down the law according to Slash.

and except for his ego not wanting to be upstaged I'd say there was zero chance of him showing.

GNR team has confirmed all members will be there

its difficult to reach any other conclusion than Axl is being a complete nob. FFS you would think that one advantage of rock stars being old men is that they dont act like babies. Van Halen managed to tour n make a kick-ass album n they hated eachother. I dont see any valid excuse for not manning the fuck up n playing one or two fucking songs

who?

Right, because everything went so well last time Scott sang at the RNRHOF inductions :lol:

its difficult to reach any other conclusion than Axl is being a complete nob. FFS you would think that one advantage of rock stars being old men is that they dont act like babies. Van Halen managed to tour n make a kick-ass album n they hated eachother. I dont see any valid excuse for not manning the fuck up n playing one or two fucking songs

Maybe Eddie and Dave were still at each other before the reunion tour, but you can tell they genuinely love playing together nowadays. Look at my pictures in the VH tour thread, you can't fake the sincerity they all have on their faces, it's 100% real.

Ok, so for the last year it seemed Axl and Slash were being nice to each other. NOW as we approach the HOF, Slash says Axl hates his guts. DAMN IT.

What do you mean they were nice to each other? They haven't spoken in many years.

Eddie Trunk recently said that Slash and Axl were on better terms and Slash said yeh we've been kinda cool lately. It's been quoted on the site before. So if he hates his guts still what is this all about!

Right, because everything went so well last time Scott sang at the RNRHOF inductions :lol:

Maybe Eddie and Dave were still at each other before the reunion tour, but you can tell they genuinely love playing together nowadays. Look at my pictures in the VH tour thread, you can't fake the sincerity they all have on their faces, it's 100% real.

+1. Plus none of them is Axl. Dude's fueled by anger and hatred :tongue2:

GNR team as in Beta and Fernando?

Ed Van Halen hated Hagar throughout the 2004 tour. It doesn't mean people who can't stand each other can't work together ever again. People put differences aside - read Mick and Keith around 86-88 and tell me if you think they would've gotten the Stones back together at the time.

Ed was annoyed with Dave because he used to push Ed around, and when they got back together, Ed and Alex said Dave brought palm trees into the session (yeah, like Bucket's chicken coop), and Ed refused to do any classic VH at the time. VMAs - Ed already knew Cherone was his guy, and Dave started pushing Ed around again, completely fell apart for a stupid reason. Dave writes the book writing the whole thing off. Around 2000, they all get back together, but when it came time to sign the papers, Dave was going to be on salary, getting less than Mike, and having no say. He walked from it. My speculation is that Dave didn't have Mike on stage during the Sam and Dave tour because there were plans to reunite VH, possibly without Mike. They wanted him out, not just because of Hagar, but because he kept answering questions on behalf of the band.

Azoff decides to get Hagar back with VH, prob. at the worst possible time in Ed's life- the drug abuse was bad, he had just dealt with the cancer treatments, and split up with Valerie at the time. Trainwreck of a tour.

Slash's impression on what Axl said about him in the past is that he hates him. If someone said you were like a cancer and were evil, wouldn't you think they meant they hated you? I don't think that's the case, unless Duff or a mutual friend told him otherwise. Slash and Axl were never close friends, but got along well enough to have the shared vision of kicking ass. I still think they have the fire in the belly if they put the bullshit aside and just got out there and played.

GNR with Axl, Slash, Duff, and Izzy still have potential for greatness. It wouldn't be the GNR we hear now that's well rehearsed and rarely fucks up. But I don't know, maybe it's better off leaving AFD encased in Plexiglas, the clips on You Tube, and rehashing the old war stories at this point.

I do think GNR should have agreed to do a blackout on interviews until Apr 15th.

It's gonna be a fucken disaster of a night like Blondie, Van Halen and to a lesser extent, Creedance Clearwater Revival.. Bare bones. They will get up, accept the award, make a speech, hug everyone sans the lead singer and walk off. Maybe the idiot Adler will drum along to a rhythm track to relive his 15 minutes of fame again before playing going back to 12 people(6 conscious) the next night at a pub.

Edited by Young_Gun

" I'm dead sick of talking about" and he just can't contain himself and keeps talking about it over and over...

He gets asked about it in every single interview.

and he keeps answering in every single interview, about something he is sick of talking about! :confused:

" I'm dead sick of talking about" and he just can't contain himself and keeps talking about it over and over...

He gets asked about it in every single interview.

and he keeps answering in every single interview, about something he is sick of talking about! :confused:

It's worth being interviewed to promote an album by putting up with the HOF questions.

Edited by Axl_morris

Axl must have somewhat moved on from what happened between them. Axl would have flat out said NO to attending the HOF.

I don t agree. I think Axl will be there for respect for the fans. And no people, he doesn t have to play with someone that he doesn t like for us. It is like telling your mom to go out with her ex husband after he cheated on her. And she has moved on already.

Steven's right on this one. These guys are acting like there was murder involved. The way they're behaving is ridiculous. How can two people act like this over some bad words/arguments? It's fucking juvenile...the both of them.

I say grow up and do the right thing..fuck.

Edited by Nintari

Im extremely disappointed their not gonna play. I didnt think they would to begin with; but I never got to see the original lineup since I was born in '82. They came through OKC when I was 10 - and of course my parents werent letting me go to that! lol I did see current line up of GNR in November; and it was one of best concerts that Ive ever been to. It was great hearing Axl sing the songs that I grew up with. But, Im still very disappointed they wont play. Ive been reading this board for a while and I think the excuse of, "If they play then it damages everything that Axl has done with the current GNR line up cause everyone will be expecting a reunion tour." Thats a bunch of crap. All they would have to do, is before the show tell the media, "This is a ONE TIME deal. It'll finally put a end to the 80's-90's original lineup." Kill the rumor before it starts. Nothing is going to damage the current line up, because outside of us diehard GNR fans, almost NOBODY gives a crap about current GNR. GNR packed the Lloyd Noble Center in Oklahoma, but when i looked around at the crowd during CD songs - nobody knew them. The crowd died down a little and people used it as a piss and beer break. even my 12 year old daughter (her first concert) told me, "I dont think people know theses songs." She does, she likes CD. ..Ive taught her well! lol We can go on and on about the new lineup and how good CD is, but few people outside of us diehard fans listen to it.

its a joke that their not gonna play. I know its been discussed numerous times on this board; but its weak not to man up and play 2 songs for EVERYONE that got them to that point. They all know the AFD songs, so its not like they would all have to be in the same room and rehearse. To me, its a slap in the face to all the fans that they cant agree to play a few songs - even if they hate each other. Without us, there is no Hall of Fame for them. To think that its gonna hurt the current line up of GNR, or damage anything that Axl has done is ridiculous. Axl has done a good job of that himself with one album since, what? 1996? And the majority of the guys who played the songs on that album arent even apart of GNR anymore.