SLASH : "AXL HATES MY GUTS"

gnr2012

Steven's right on this one. These guys are acting like there was murder involved. The way they're behaving is ridiculous. How can two people act like this over some bad words/arguments? It's fucking juvenile...the both of them.

I say grow up and do the right thing..fuck.

maybe there was wacking/shellacking invloved :ph34r:

I have held animosity for individuals that emanated years ago that still exist to this very day. The way I see it is that if they(or I) have done nothing to attempt to repair that friendship then it will continue as is, forever.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get the feeling that slash wouldn't mind playing one or two songs with axl, he wouldn't actually enjoy it, that wouldn't make them friends again... but, for the fans, he'd do it. slash is over it.

axl wouldn't. axl calling slash a "cancer" is enough proof to show how axl hates slash. i don't know the reason, but axl will never be on stage with slash again.

i just know one thing. if i reach my 50 years, i'll try not to be such an arrogant and hateful person like axl. that's ok for an young dude, but, crap, you're 50 man, stop being such a child.

I don't get it with the gall of some of you, (and outside the fan boards as well)you don't know what the f*ck happened between the two only what has been let out over the years but there's too much that we don't and never will know so for someone to say "you ought to this and that" remember we don't know who they really are we're just fans. Just know the place and stay in it. Yeah it's childish but still some folks handle stuff differently something I've learned along the way. There's something when a grown person tells another grown person they've never met how they should handle their lives but then again half of this board or the rest of the other boards wouldn't exist would it?

There's merit to the argument that he shouldn't complain when asked about the HOF induction since it's so close and he's the one setting up interviews; but it's another thing to blame the man for seeking interviews because he's got an album to promote. How many here bitched and complained because Axl never properly promoted Chinese Democracy with real interviews (sorry, don't count the Del interview as genuine).

At the end of the day, why any fan would get upset about any of this is kind of ridiculous. You're not affected in any way based on what Slash or Axl says. It makes no sense to feel slighted if Slash says something disparaging towards Axl. Leave it up to Axl to be pissed; live your own life and just be thankful that a guy like Slash was around to write some of the riffs and solos that made this band a household name.

Hating Slash does not mean Axl will like you more.

Funny tell that to the ones who think doing the usual dumping on Axl will get Slash or anyone else in the world to like them more and/or look even "kewler" some bs lol!

Edited by Nicc

Kinda feel bad for all those fans that bought the $600 tickets......

Why? They are still going to get a great show, sit in the presence of legends, and have a wonderful time. If they bought those tickets for $600 with the sole purpose of seeing GNR perform, I feel no worse for them than I do the idiots who buy tickets for the new band and are shocked when Slash and Duff don't come out. This is Guns N' Fucking Roses, not Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. This is not a band you should expect to see reunite until the press release comes out saying that they will. It's been a toss-up from the get-go with less-than-even odds that it was even a possibility since the beginning. If you bought a $600 ticket to see something happen that was almost certainly not going to happen, it's your own damn fault. You're still getting a great show, and if some sour grapes are gonna stop them from enjoying the rest of the show, I will gladly take their tickets. Hell, if GNR do perform, they can come in for that part and I'll leave. The rest of the show is worth it.

Its probably gonna be a great show besides the fact, but is the reason the tickets are $600 for gnr? Do they always sell out quick and then sell for those ridiculous amounts? What's the status of the rest of the show? Will the Beastie Boys perform? Chili peppers?

i get the feeling that slash wouldn't mind playing one or two songs with axl, he wouldn't actually enjoy it, that wouldn't make them friends again... but, for the fans, he'd do it. slash is over it.

axl wouldn't. axl calling slash a "cancer" is enough proof to show how axl hates slash. i don't know the reason, but axl will never be on stage with slash again.

i just know one thing. if i reach my 50 years, i'll try not to be such an arrogant and hateful person like axl. that's ok for an young dude, but, crap, you're 50 man, stop being such a child.

I don't get it with the gall of some of you, (and outside the fan boards as well)you don't know what the f*ck happened between the two only what has been let out over the years but there's too much that we don't and never will know so for someone to say "you ought to this and that" remember we don't know who they really are we're just fans. Just know the place and stay in it. Yeah it's childish but still some folks handle stuff differently something I've learned along the way.

we don't know anything, of course. just my frustration speaking aloud. but i'm not making this stuff up. there are many interviews, posts, etc that shows axl has a "bitter" side. my opinion that all this arrogance could be put aside for some minutes for the people who got him up there remains. as a fan, i would love it. i'm not demanding anything, just wishful-thinking.

i couldn't be less interested in the current formation of GnR. Classic line-up and Robin/Bucket/Brain era fan. so this reunion talk is the only thing to get me excited.

new record and i'd shut my mouth right away about slash, axl being childish. i want to discuss the music, not the assholes who make them.

"Axl hates my guts"...what kind of reactions is Slash expecting from the fans?

He should shut up, with comments like this one the only thing he does is fuel the "Axl vs Slash" fire :rolleyes:

No, I think Axl did that well enough with that "cancer" interview.

Kinda feel bad for all those fans that bought the $600 tickets......

Why? They are still going to get a great show, sit in the presence of legends, and have a wonderful time. If they bought those tickets for $600 with the sole purpose of seeing GNR perform, I feel no worse for them than I do the idiots who buy tickets for the new band and are shocked when Slash and Duff don't come out. This is Guns N' Fucking Roses, not Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. This is not a band you should expect to see reunite until the press release comes out saying that they will. It's been a toss-up from the get-go with less-than-even odds that it was even a possibility since the beginning. If you bought a $600 ticket to see something happen that was almost certainly not going to happen, it's your own damn fault. You're still getting a great show, and if some sour grapes are gonna stop them from enjoying the rest of the show, I will gladly take their tickets. Hell, if GNR do perform, they can come in for that part and I'll leave. The rest of the show is worth it.

While I completely agree the induction will be worth the money no matter what happens, many of those fans who paid big bucks did so because they expected all the GNR inductees to at least show up. They paid that money to see their favorite lineup on stage together for the first time in decades, and possibly the last time ever.

And they had every right to assume that would happen after HOF Foundation president Joel Peresman told Eddie Trunk in December "Everyone said they're coming" and Dizzy Reed said in February "I know that all the original band is going to be there".

Slash makes his living being "the guy who was in Guns N' Roses", he didn't write most of the material and hasn't written anything particularly compelling since, yet doesn't want to answer questions regarding the biggest original-GN'R-related event in decades.

I respect Slash as a player and a performer but he's reaching here as far as complaining about being asked.

You know why Axl isn't complaining about being asked? Because he doesn't SEEK interviews and publicity like Slash does, therefore he doesn't get asked a whole lot.

Promote your album in two weeks and spare yourself the hassle if it's that much of a drain on you, buddy!

Right now he sounds like the proverbial proctologist who shows up to work and complains that he's having to look at assholes all day. It's part of the job and he knows it!

:thumbsup:

poor slash ... he always will be pathetic .. and more if he needs press :rofl-lol:

Wait... what?

Slash: Axl Rose hates my guts

Slash is on the promo trail talking up his forthcoming solo effort, “Apocalyptic Love,” set for release May 22.

http://www.hennemusic.com/2012/04/slash-axl-rose-hates-my-guts.html

this is what im talking about :tongue2: he needs press ... and can't get it if he don't talk about Axl .. poor slash :shrugs:

This is hilarious.

If there was a chance of Axl showing up, both Steven and Slash fucked it up big time.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

It's their fault ''the fans'' will be disappointed the 14th, not Axl's.

Somehow I doubt you'd be singing the same tune if we thought Slash wouldn't go because of the cancer comment, wetting the bed comment, etc.

Nah, you wouldn't be blaming Axl at that point, we all know that much.

Also, what better way to prove Slash is wrong than to show up and be nice to him since Slash is publicly saying Axl hates him? Nah, that wouldn't cross your mind either.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

poor slash ... he always will be pathetic .. and more if he needs press :rofl-lol:

Wait... what?

Slash: Axl Rose hates my guts

Slash is on the promo trail talking up his forthcoming solo effort, “Apocalyptic Love,” set for release May 22.

http://www.hennemusic.com/2012/04/slash-axl-rose-hates-my-guts.html

this is what im talking about :tongue2: he needs press ... and can't get it if he don't talk about Axl .. poor slash :shrugs:

Yeh because you don't hold a total bias in favor of Axl....... Your precious Axl is perfect.

Edited by Young_Gun

Axl stands as the most childish guy ever if he don't attend to the HoF.

yeah, if he doesn't like the hof he should have said it.

now it's too late, most of fans would be very disappointed if he doesn't attend the ceremony... but i'm sure he'll be there.

it's a geat honor for the gnr guys to be inducted

These guys could take a leaf out of Metallica's book for the way they handled their Hall of Fame induction. Graciously invited Jason Newsted to the event and had him up on stage playing bass during their set. For a run of 30th anniversary shows a few months ago they also called Newsted to play a few songs, and called Dave Mustaine. Adults.

Point taken but rock n roll is high school with money. This is GNR they need to fuck this up way more than Van Halen did.

I reckon Axl will show but won't play. Take you're win with a side order of revenge.

These guys could take a leaf out of Metallica's book for the way they handled their Hall of Fame induction. Graciously invited Jason Newsted to the event and had him up on stage playing bass during their set. For a run of 30th anniversary shows a few months ago they also called Newsted to play a few songs, and called Dave Mustaine. Adults.

Point taken but rock n roll is high school with money. This is GNR they need to fuck this up way more than Van Halen did.

I reckon Axl will show but won't play. Take you're win with a side order of revenge.

Moreover, regardless of how you feel about Metallica, there exists a precedent with a band that has remained largely functional for the past 25-30 years. I'm not sure you could consider GNR functional at any point in their history. The guys in Metallica can be major dicks at times, but at least they illustrate some maturity when it matters the most to fans. I love GNR for its music, but as a functional unit, they get no love from me.

Cheers,

Andrew

oh poor Slash, he would like to play but ain't gonna happen and it'll be Axl's fault. Evil, evil Axl :devil:

and that's exactly how he knew it would come off as, even if it was/is true, so what a surprise I guess :rolleyes:

I wonder do they think this will get Axl all shook and make him turn over and perform for them? Please, just call the dude, (or face to face) and if he says no then just say that he did, at least one could say that they asked him.

Edited by Nicc

oh poor Slash, he would like to play but ain't gonna happen and it'll be Axl's fault. Evil, evil Axl :devil:

and that's exactly how he knew it would come off as, even if it was/is true, so what a surprise I guess :rolleyes:

I wonder do they think this will get Axl all shook and make him turn over and perform for them? Please, just call the dude, (or face to face) and if he says no then just say that he did, at least one could say that they asked him.

Just out of curiosity.

So if it comes out that a band member or management team did talk to Axl or his people, and Axl did say that he wouldn't play....while steven, duff, matt, slash all said they wanted to play......would that change your opinion of the situation at all?

Secondly, again, just curious as to your thoughts on this.

But in several posts in these hall of fame topics, people keep saying "you don't know what Axl is thinking, so stop assuming that you do."

But I notice in your post, you make a couple of assumptions on what Slash and Steven are "thinking." You insinuate that Slash is doing interviews with the intention of making Axl look bad. And then that the Slash/Steven comments are trying to get Axl to roll over and play for them.

I was just curious as to what the difference is between you doing this, and between other posters doing the same thing - but towards Axl, and not Slash/Steven?