Do you support Axl's appetite for vengeance?

saber_

I'm not sure he is vengeful so much as he is spiteful. I don't think you should ever support someone being bitter over things that are insignificant and ages ago. Move on with your life.

He has moved on with his life. It's the people that keep begging for a reunion that haven't, really.

Izzy quotes on Axl from 2001 interview:

"Now, I can't imagine doing Guns N'Roses. I still talk to Duff once a week, I talked to Slash yesterday - I actually saw Steven Adler for lunch three days ago, which was. a trip! And other than the singer, we still all talk, so it would be easy for us to go in the studio and make music. It's only the singer - he's the only square peg in a round hole!"

"Q:What was the last straw, which made you leave the band?

A: After the first part of the Use Your Illusion tour, Axl wanted to make me sign a contract which put me aside a little, which meant that I was less paid. I couldn't believe it. This contract came from a guy who I grew up with. We'd always taken Guns N' Roses as a friends' thing and, at one go, roughly, the singer said to me: "now, we're doing business." Why was I going to continue? Where was the fun? That was the last straw"

To Popcorn's Timbre and everyone curious about the Axl kept notes on Izzy thing...

"Q: You always see, Steven, Slash, and Duff?

A: Yes, I spoke to them on the phone three days ago. I even had lunch with Steven last week. He is clean, today, but he is affected physically and mentally. Slash is well. Duff is very well: he just participated in the fucking Hawaiian marathon! A Goddamn marathon! Not bad for a guy whose pancreas exploded because he drank three and a half liters of vodka a day! He's in my band, which is really cool. The only one who doesn't speak with anybody, is Axl. He doesn't call people on the phone. I like to drive my motorcycle and I know where he lives. Once in 1995, I went to ring the doorbell at his place, and he opened the door. We hugged, he made me visit his house and we talked. It was cool, we reminiced several times after that. But, one day, on the phone, I found the Axl of the 90's. He took notes of what I said, and then, no more news. Since then, I've gone to his house for a laugh: I ring the doorbell and there is always someone telling me that he is not there!"

"Thiago: What's the reason you rejected the invitation to join Velvet Revolver?

Izzy: I wanted a quartet: Slash, Duff, Matt and I, but they really wanted a singer so much, and, as we know, the singing one is the quite problematic one sometimes. So I decided to simply go on with pursuing my solo interests"

^ The "singer"? Ouch!

The way Axl and Izzy talk about each other sometimes makes me sad (just on the general principle that they had been close friends for so long).

On a side note; didn't Izzy also mention once that he used to drop off his updated contact information to Axl's people? Something about being concerned about him?

That's not even the interview Popcorn is talking about. I know the one he means. It goes into further detail. The purpose of the notebook was that Axl was not only taking notes but already had notes. Izzy would say something and Axl would reply with "well, in 1984 you said this this and this" and Izzy would go "what? 1984?" kind of stupefied reaction.

I realize that date is probably wrong and the quotes are slightly off but you get the jest of it.

That's not even the interview Popcorn is talking about. I know the one he means. It goes into further detail. The purpose of the notebook was that Axl was not only taking notes but already had notes. Izzy would say something and Axl would reply with "well, in 1984 you said this this and this" and Izzy would go "what? 1984?" kind of stupefied reaction.

I realize that date is probably wrong and the quotes are slightly off but you get the jest of it.

Its possible that Axl intends to use those notes for the book that he mentioned he's working on. Sebastian Bach talked about it too.

I wonder if Axl is still interested in finishing it or if he has abandoned that project now.

Its possible that Axl intends to use those notes for the book that he mentioned he's working on. Sebastian Bach talked about it too.

I wonder if Axl is still interested in finishing it or if he has abandoned that project now.

Axl seems to have to be virtually held at gunpoint by other people to ever release anything collaborative. With a solo situation like a book I would bet every penny I own and me and my families future earnings on it never being read by anyone other than Axl and the other inner crew.