"10 Essential GN'R Songs"

The Real McCoy

how can they say Better is an essential GNR song then not induct the CD lineup that recorded it?

Unlike the misinformation the reunionists like to spread; the hof means absolutely nothing.

I will be the first to admit that the former band belongs there if it did, but it doesn't.

Just take a look at the jokes that are in there and you'll see what I mean.

Axl should treat it like the joke that it is. The worst that can happen is the same people will whine about the same things they were whining about before it took place.

It does seem to just be an excuse to push for the reunion again, when it's kind of been explained why it won't happen really. It's just they inducted one line up and then said Better was essential song of GNR. I guess I'm being too literal.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can they say Better is an essential GNR song then not induct the CD lineup that recorded it?

Unlike the misinformation the reunionists like to spread; the hof means absolutely nothing.

I will be the first to admit that the former band belongs there if it did, but it doesn't.

Axl should treat it like the joke that it is. The worst that can happen is the same people will whine about the same things they were whining about before it took place.

It does seem to just be an excuse to push for the reunion again, when it's kind of been explained why it won't happen really. It's just they inducted one line up and then said Better was essential song of GNR. I guess I'm being too literal.

I detect a smidgeon of doublespeak as well, Forked tongues no doubt.

Realizing its the AFD/UYI era getting inducted,it is still a damn shame to ignore ChiDem completely.

Wondering where the 1988 Drunk Fux fit into all this ?

Edited by sailaway

Who exactly is pushing for the reunion? (In the terms if your paragraph. The people who run the rnr hof?)

Who exactly is pushing for the reunion? (In the terms if your paragraph. The people who run the rnr hof?)

No one specifically, maybe Stevie is the most vocal but there must be more. I hadn't really thought of that but I guess the HOF would love a reunion. Everyone gives there 2 cents all over again. it just comes up again in the media and gives people some false hope. Like the TMZ questions were reunion slanted. Even for me it got me thinking it might happen. and I'm happy to enjoy the nostalgia of the past and still look to the future with the current band. If they were more even handed with the recognition it might help. It just kind of reignited the notion that everyone in the whole world wants this reunion, accept Axl. instead of honoring the band it becomes Axl Rose Barbq season. I just find it interesting how the media and everything works.

Edited by wasted

Pushing for the reunion is wishful thinking by one or two people and the media stirs the pot, making the drama the focus. The committee should've inducted the CD lineup minus DJ. It prob. costs 5 dollars to make those awards, and they just need to shrink and fit names on a plaque at the museum. I mean, how many did P-Funk have inducted, 15?

I don't get how Trujillo can be inducted just because he was on Death Magnetic, that had come out weeks before the induction announcement, but Chinese Democracy's been out for a few years. I don't mind that he's in, but it should be consistent and it's not.

Pushing for the reunion is wishful thinking by one or two people and the media stirs the pot, making the drama the focus. The committee should've inducted the CD lineup minus DJ. It prob. costs 5 dollars to make those awards, and they just need to shrink and fit names on a plaque at the museum. I mean, how many did P-Funk have inducted, 15?

I don't get how Trujillo can be inducted just because he was on Death Magnetic, that had come out weeks before the induction announcement, but Chinese Democracy's been out for a few years. I don't mind that he's in, but it should be consistent and it's not.

I'm taking it a bit too seriously maybe. but like Bob Dylan said "You're either serious about what you do, or you're not...and life is short."

Guess it could just be the name of the band, and the names of the musicians in the file. But it's their award they can do what they want. There seems to be some inconsistencies across the board they might want to look at.

Thank you dalsh, good points !

I'm taking it a bit too seriously maybe. but like Bob Dylan said "You're either serious about what you do, or you're not...and life is short."

Guess it could just be the name of the band, and the names of the musicians in the file. But it's their award they can do what they want. There seems to be some inconsistencies across the board they might want to look at.

Very clear inconsistencies IMO, which significantly reduce the importance of the entire ordeal for me.

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/blog_files/category-snubbed.php

This makes it apparent that its purely political,not a public participation by any means. Also set a precedent by allowing Trujillo in.

so CD line up is classed as a backing band in their opinion? I wonder how Axl feels about this. seems a bit harsh for the Miracles. they don't happen I guess. get that backing guy away from he's bumming me out. I'll have the prme rib and a few racks of coke. my doctor says cocaine keeps the cholesterol at bay.

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/blog_files/category-snubbed.php

This makes it apparent that its purely political,not a public participation by any means. Also set a precedent by allowing Trujillo in.

so CD line up is classed as a backing band in their opinion? I wonder how Axl feels about this. seems a bit harsh for the Miracles. they don't happen I guess. get that backing guy away from he's bumming me out. I'll have the prme rib and a few racks of coke. my doctor says cocaine keeps the cholesterol at bay.

Reading shit like this makes the RRHOF seem like pompous clowns that only strive to keep their idiot parade somewhat relevant for the uninformed and naive,but they will be more than happy to sell you a membership or take your donation.

Pass the Alcohol this way,I need to dumb down.