90 second previews from new Slash album

Streetchild

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta laugh at the people who think nobody had heard of Myles before his work with Slash. :krider:

It is only because no one can seem to find any posts about users liking him BEFORE the fact, is normal though no biggy :)

gotta laugh at the people who think nobody had heard of Myles before his work with Slash. :krider:

It is only because no one can seem to find any posts about users liking him BEFORE the fact, is normal though no biggy :)

pretty sure we had Alter Bridge thread or 2 back in the day

No worries about SGB, he's just being a pain in the ass to be a pain in the ass. No one's more predictable. :sleeper:

This thread another example where there's many, many shades of feelings toward Myles and specifically how he sounds fronting Slash. But nothing approaching fanboyism. MB's probably the biggest pure fan, but does anyone seriously think he just discovered Myles?

Implying folks like Myles only because he's doing music with Slash now...is like saying others don't like him only because he's with Slash now(and not Axl). So juvenile.

From everything I've seen in Myles related threads, almost everyone is sharing honest opinions, good, bad, many everywhere inbetween, so let's not let him take a good thread OT...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Myles Kennedy is a great singer and he has tonal qualities.. BUT for some reason it doesn't really work on all songs.

I really loved Back From Cali and Starlight.. which gave me high hopes for this album. But listening to these samples, I'm actually skipping through songs :shrugs:

The slower songs sound great so far though.

And the talkbox solo on Carolina :shades:

I hate to say this.. but this music would really suit Axl better than Myles.

Maybe, maybe not.. but Axl is a shadow of his former self and he choses to not release music, so it's kind of pointless to say this I suppose.. Anyway I think the previews sound great. Slash has a good band and a really good singer now aand I'm happy for him... my ears are happy too ;)

I hate to say this.. but this music would really suit Axl better than Myles.

Maybe, maybe not.. but Axl is a shadow of his former self and he choses to not release music, so it's kind of pointless to say this I suppose.. Anyway I think the previews sound great. Slash has a good band and a really good singer now aand I'm happy for him... my ears are happy too ;)

besides, Axl doesn't do this kind of music anymore, not for ages...

Didn't say nobody had heard of him, just that nobody cared

I guess I'm the only one who's noticed the truckload of people on these forums who suddenly started claiming to have been "huge" fans since the Mayfield Four the moment he started working with Slash :tongue2:

this 90 secs clips sound awesome really this guys have tremendous chemistry to come with all these songs and the variety in them.

Slash mentioned he wanted a 10 songs Album, yet after hearing the songs they had, they felt they couldn't leave the others songs out so it became 13, and 2 bonus.. i think these guys have some good proyection for good material for the next few years.

and you don't find that still a laughable suggestion?

Edited by moreblack

Holy fuck. "Anastasia" sounds AWESOME. Why can't more Slash songs be like this? Everything on it. Myles is great, Slash's guitar work is great.

For me, I either really enjoy Myles or sort of don't.

Can't wait for this record. I preordered on iTunes just now.

I just canceled my preorder on Amazon US until I find out where I can get the CD with the 2 bonus tracks. The album kick fuckin' ass, some tracks are meh but overall, great disc. Can't wait.

Yeah moreblack's right...the two bonus songs come with the Classic Rock mag version of the cd.

There's a preorder thread on here.

Question: Will these specific bonus tracks be available on a Deluxe Edition in stores....or are they exclusive to the Classic Rock mag version?

Added: Nevermind, just ordered the Fan Pack. :D

Edited by Turn_It_Up

and you don't find that still a laughable suggestion?

Guess I just missed how beloved Alter Bridge and the Mayfield Four were on the Guns forums prior to Myles collaborating with Slash :tongue2:

These previews KICK ASS across the board. Apocalyptic Love soundin' like one groovy track.

Really hope the majority are played on tour. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping for at least a few new ones on May 7 in Orlando.

Not sure if they are going to continue to sit on the new material until release or not.

I hope not.

Official tour will be under way so here's hoping.

I am willing to buy the album and listen to it tell I can really judge it. Most of it does not grab me right away like Carolina did. I liked the last Slash album better but that probably was do to the singers on it were my to my liking. I did like the few songs Miles did on that album. I will need the bonus tracks.

Edited by rocker rockstar