Poll on Axl's statement

gunnari

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, I will. This news/letter/event has no bearing on whether or not I can enjoy a concert. Was I hoping for something more positive this Saturday? Hell yes. But nuGnR had nothing to do with the RnRHOF induction before this letter was released, and it has nothing to do with it now (in my mind at least).

Don't get me wrong, I am HIGHLY disappointed in Axl but, in the end, I am positive that I'm in for a good show in the summer and I plan on enjoying myself.

Edited by KiraMPD

I'll just download the new album if such ever comes out and that's it. Never seen them live, never going to.

........why even bother downloading it?

Unless, of course, you really want to hurt the band and distribute/torrent the hypothetical new album. :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

i think the letters hilairious quite frankly. I agree with what he's doing, the sentiment behind it but, OK, lets call it what it is, GnR ain't fuckin big news in this day and age. Sorry but they just ain't. So to release like a thousand word statement addressed to the fans and the rock n roll HOF just smacks of like...a very very inflated sense of ones own importance. I agree with the sentiment behind the letter and with what he's doing 100%. I could understand a letter if he was out to make a point about something but he's not.

As far as "supporting" them? I never knew i supported them to begin with, bought a few albums and t shirts, not exactly a majority shareholder over here...but yeah, i mean, i'll keep liking em as much as i do now, i don't see that whatever personal reasons the fella has for not wanting to attend some ceremony in Ohio should make me change my music listening habits in any way whatsoever, that appears to me a strange and illogical leap.

Edited by sugaraylen

I don't know, perhaps

if they putting out new music in the future 2-4 years, i will.

if not, i'm quit, i think.

LandOla and everyone who voted no: please start by posting on the original GnR/former gunners forum and not fucking the general section up. Thank you. :kiss:

why?

who are you to talk like this?

I will continue to follow this band.

I didn't think Axl would turn up at the weekend and I'm gutted he had to write one of his letters about it instead of politely declining on going and wishing the other guys well but we will all move on eventually.

I can't wait to see the band perform in May and I hope that they can finally start a follow up to Chinese Democracy.

Do I support Axl and Guns N Roses still? Absolutely. They've given me amazing memories with the 3 shows I attended since 2010 and other experiences.

Am I disappointed and upset with Axl with his decisions though? Fuck yeah

I don't like the fact Axl will not support the old band by going to the RRHOF but I will still give Axl and his band a listen if they ever get an album done in the future. May even go to another show to watch Axl sing. Of course I am no near as excited about Axl's band as I am about the old GNR. They are completely different animals and flavors of music. GNR is not played right unless it is played by Slash, Izzy, Duff, steven or Matt as far as I am concerned. So Axl's band is inferior just like other GNR tribute bands except Axl sings. I just miss the band that put GNR on the map.

Edited by rocker rockstar