Matt Sorum: Other members (Slash) should have called Axl and he may have attended

GNFR2003

Sorum actually is making much sense here, and defending Axl--it seems even he was a bit put off by the public, derogatory statements by Adler and Slash. He truly seems disappointed, and makes a great point--the guys needed to reach out to Axl and chat with him and work out a way for them to all attend. He seems really let down by Slash:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorum actually is making much sense here, and defending Axl--it seems even he was a bit put off by the public, derogatory statements by Adler and Slash. He truly seems disappointed, and makes a great point--the guys needed to reach out to Axl and chat with him and work out a way for them to all attend. He seems really let down by Slash:

thats pretty interesting

Fuck this shit dude. I say, bring Axl and Slash into a room and let them beat the fuck out of each other. :tongue2:

__

Oh and by the way, hey Matt:

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.”

No surprises here, either. As I said in the Duff thread, if the guys really want to play, they should have started working with Axl from the start, both by mending bridges and by suggesting scenarios that Axl would be comfortable with. Waiting untill a few days before the induction with no prior communication, to let everyone know THEY are not the ones responsible for no music at the ceremony because THEY really want to play, is too little too late, and even worse, one might argue that they are deliberately doing it this way to make Axl the bad guy again, basically setting him up for the fall. To complete the work they should thank Axl profusely from the podium to really make it clear to the world who the good guys and who the bad guy, are.

Ad to repeat myself again: They are honouring a famously dysfunctional and non-communicative band by being dysfunctional and non-communicative.

Fuck this shit dude. I say, bring Axl and Slash into a room and let them beat the fuck out of each other. :tongue2:

This could actually work.

It probably would work, lock them in a room for 24 hours and let them beat the shit out of each other. My only fear is Axl might kill him.

Edited by Gunner927

It probably would work, lock them in a room for 24 hours and let them beat the shit out of each other. My only fear is Axl might kill him.

It's still closure, isn't it? At last, we got them together!

Edited by Lirosee

No surprises here, either. As I said in the Duff thread, if the guys really want to play, they should have started working with Axl from the start, both by mending bridges and by suggesting scenarios that Axl would be comfortable with. Waiting untill a few days before the induction with no prior communication, to let everyone know THEY are not the ones responsible for no music at the ceremony because THEY really want to play, is too little too late, and even worse, one might argue that they are deliberately doing it this way to make Axl the bad guy again, basically setting him up for the fall. To complete the work they should thank Axl profusely from the podium to really make it clear to the world who the good guys and who the bad guy, are.

Ad to repeat myself again: They are honouring a famously dysfunctional and non-communicative band by being dysfunctional and non-communicative.

Being totally honest, Do you really think if they would have called Axl, he would have said "yes I'm going!"? I think not, there's no way in hell you can change Axl's decision. I might be too hard by saying this if Axl were to die and he finds out that Slash is the only one that can donate blood he would kill himself before receiving anything from him again. He hates him. You can support him (Axlite), you can hate him (Slashole), or you can simply shut the fuck up. :shrugs:

It's still closure, isn't it? At last, we got them together!

I guess so, they should put it on PPV it'd make millions.

Would be nice if Slash called Axl but does he even have the correct number anymore. Just saying. I guess Slash could talk to Axl's manager or something. Who knows.. Matt actually makes a lot of sense and approaches the thing in the same manner I would imagine it should be done. Someone from the 5 needs to talk to Axl and Slash is the one that really needs to make amends and get Axl ok with the idea of coming to the event. I am sure Izzy would come if he know Axl was going.

The truth is this event could have been good for all of them if they just all got in a good frame of mind and enjoyed it. Obviously Matt will have a good time one way or another. He has a good attitude about it.

Edited by rocker rockstar

Being totally honest, Do you really think if they would have called Axl, he would have said "yes I'm going!"?

I am always totally honest. I believe that if they handled things correctly they might have been able to get Axl to play with them, but I am afraid Axl would demand certain actions from them that they couldn't possible agree on (perhaps Slash apologizing from the podium or something similarly ludicrous). At least then they could have said to the press that there were communication, that they tried to make some arrangement for the guys to play, but that it unfortunately didn't work out (without pointing any fingers).

But of course this is not what I want. I love all the drama and intrigues, the failed communication, the botched press contact, the ridiculous outbursts and accusations. Old Guns N' Roses is the only soap opera I follow.

I'm curious why Duff didn't call Axl....it's clear that they are on friendly terms now..... :question:

He said something to the effect that he knew he should have but that he couldn't muster the willpower. It's sad really, if there's one lesson he should have learned from his own book, it is that he should man up and face the problem.

Did Matt always have that sleeve tat? First I've noticed it.

And I doubt a phone call from anyone would've done anything. Axl probably had his mind made up a long time ago.

nahh, its a fresh cover job, he's had smaller ones on that arm.. and he's covered it with that badass tattoo..

As I said earlier in this thread, a phone call might not have worked. BUT, if they had tried a phone call and then -- without pointing any fingers -- told media that they had made a mutual decision to not play during the HOF ceremony, everything would be better. Axl would not as obviously be the bad guy, Duff and Slash would not appear so concerned about their own public image, and Axl might be so pleased -- and surprised -- that such a phone call in the future might actually work. It's about acting like grown-ups and mending bridges.

Not that I want this of course.