Axl-bashing.

Guns n' Swedes

How can people be so narrow minded?

First of all, you know how much it would ruin the current band if Axl played at the RNRHOF. Imagine all the reunion rumors. They would probably go on for at least another 10 years (maybe the last 10 years of Axl's career).

And do you know that he has no reason to still be pissed? We don't know what happened.

You owe it to yourself not to be so judging and full of shit, just throwing all the shit on Axl. I'm sure he knew how much shit he would get for not attending but still he didn't and he did that also for believing in the current band, not just to be grumpy.

Did you even read the lengthy letter he wrote???

All my cred goes to Axl AND I can still enjoy what happened last night.

Axl rarely deals with media, the guy's a recluse. And he could just say "Well, this is a one-night only, no reunion tour after this". Or just appear to accept the award and then fuck off. It would be better, at least Myles wouldn't be seen as Guns N' Roses like yesterday. Axl screwed up for old and new fans as well.

Axl deserves all the shit he gets. Fuck em I say. Last night was the original guys night and they celebrated. That titty baby was too bitter to show up so its his problem. The rest of the guys had a blast and will go down in history for this. Axl will wade in his sea of sorrow and misery like always.

Axl rarely deals with media, the guy's a recluse. And he could just say "Well, this is a one-night only, no reunion tour after this". Or just appear to accept the award and then fuck off. It would be better, at least Myles wouldn't be seen as Guns N' Roses like yesterday. Axl screwed up for old and new fans as well.

Myles was definitely not seen as GnR yesterday. It was clear he wasn't mentioned by Green Day or any GnR member, his name wasn't even said out loud. :crazy:

I don't see any way that Axl could have done that show and then walked away into the future of the current band without reunion talk exploding. You're not facing reality if you think that Axl could actually say three songs with AFD and then no more. It would just be the fuel the reunion fire needs.

I think everyone handled the whole thing as best they could and as professionally as they could under the circumstances.

This just really opened everyones eyes about everything, after last night I don't ever plan on seeing axl and co unless new music comes out, I'm done listening to axl play the same fuckin setlist over and over and over. I'm a huge axl fan, and I am siding with the original members now. They showed nothing but class last night.

Well I'm sure Slash didn't eat Axl's baby and aside from that I can't imagine how you could be so fucking hurt that you can't get on stage with the guys you wrote one of rocks greatest albums with, without whom you'd be cleaning carpets in Indiana.... does he ever once think 'hmmm without the appetite crew I'd be poor and no one would give a shit about my pseudo intellectual diatribes to the press'.... get the fuck over yourself.

Whatever slash did or didn't do to Axl... the fact remains they conquered the world together and created one of the great rock legacies of all time. Even if you hate the guy would it be so hard to: sit at a different table, get up and say thanks to the fans, give slash a pat on the back and a hand shake, and get up and play jungle, sweet child, and paradise city? Then the next day make a statement "it was a great honor to be inducted, those were crazy times and we did amazing things.... it was nice to play last night as homage to the fans! But as i've stated previously, this doesn't change the course of Guns today but I thank everyone for the honor"

It's because Axl's ego is so big but self esteem so small that he just can't get over the fact that whatever slash "did or didn't do"... no one will ever see his 'vision' of GNR as a true representation.... period.

Hey Axl... if you didn't want the flack that came with came with the GNR name you shouldn't have taken it... oh yea.... you like the cash and prestige it brings.... you can't have it all until you give us an album that eclipses the past...

I don't see any way that Axl could have done that show and then walked away into the future of the current band without reunion talk exploding. You're not facing reality if you think that Axl could actually say three songs with AFD and then no more. It would just be the fuel the reunion fire needs.

I think everyone handled the whole thing as best they could and as professionally as they could under the circumstances.

Let's face it...it doesn't matter what axl does, what he says, or where he hides, the reunion thing will follow him til his grave. Its not an excuse anymore.

It's fine not to agree with Axl, but I'm so sick of people ignoring the facts, such as what he said in his letter and the fact that people will get their hopes up about a reunion if he went. Of course he doesn't want that.

I'd love him to be there in a way, but I think it's way to simple to just say that he's a dick for not showing. He does have some good reasons not too I believe.

And common, do people really go on this forum just cause they want a reunion. Move on, seriously...

It's fine not to agree with Axl, but I'm so sick of people ignoring the facts, such as what he said in his letter and the fact that people will get their hopes up about a reunion if he went. Of course he doesn't want that.

I'd love him to be there in a way, but I think it's way to simple to just say that he's a dick for not showing. He does have some good reasons not too I believe.

And common, do people really go on this forum just cause they want a reunion. Move on, seriously...

He's not a dick for not showing. He's a dick due to the manner in which he did so.

He's not a dick for not showing. He's a dick due to the manner in which he did so.

well he is dick for his letter, and a dick for not showing..... basically saying he is better than the guys who helped make him and above a pretty prestigious honor.... without the fans and old band Axl would be washing dishes in Layfette

Edited by tkarmy

And what manner was that? He even wrote a long letter to explain the whole thing. Remember the Steven thing: he meets with Steven and then Steven go tell everyone a bunch of shit afterwards. That, for one, would happen all over again if he went yesterday. It would turn in to a reunion frenzy and I'm sure he don't want that.

Remember, he's the only one who never left GNR in the first place, well, except for Steven, but he's a huge mess.