Has this Tupac Hologram thing got anybody else thinking about what New GNR could replace their solo spots with?

ITW 2012

I'm sure we're going to be hearing from the Presley & Sinatra estates, I know in the case of Elvis, it would be cool, because they already did a tour with him up on the screen, now he'd be on the stage. There's enough live footage to do a full concert like that.

I'm sure Ray Manzarek's going "Doors reunion!" Densmore would not have any part in something like this, so don't worry Doors fans.

On Nirvana - ask Courtney when she's Tweeting like crazy about that. Doubt it. I don't see Dave and Krist signing off on that at all, except a one time, one song thing like at Coachella.

Would be interesting to make Watson the brain of the hologram, and what kind of potential that would have. And with Paul Allen involved in all things Hendrix, could possibly put the money into something like that.

To me, it's fine to do for one song, but to try to do a whole show around it? Not sure.

I think it would be interesting the cases of songs a band never played live, because the hologram can be manipulated. And at the Madame Tussauds wax museum, some people did take part in the mold pouring, so they already have 3-D models out there.

But R2-D2 being able to do a real hologram? I'm sure that'll happen at a future Comic Con, but Lucas is done with all things Star Wars.

Today's TVs are still not ready for the Better video.

When I was tv shopping last year the owner of the place said that the hologram thing was the "next big thing" in television technology. Samsung's peeps told him that tv's would be coming in a few years that laid flat on the floor and projected holographic images up into your living room. Looks like the same kind of deal.

They'll be in stores pre-loaded with the Better video in about a week. :D

When I was tv shopping last year the owner of the place said that the hologram thing was the "next big thing" in television technology. Samsung's peeps told him that tv's would be coming in a few years that laid flat on the floor and projected holographic images up into your living room. Looks like the same kind of deal.

Only then will we see what was Lars was holding back with the Better video. Probably something to do with technology far beyond our understanding.

Only then will we see what was Lars was holding back with the Better video. Probably something to do with technology far beyond our understanding.

It's such an interesting concept. I wonder if artists will be able to license their images to be used as holograms. IOW, they could make money off of tours, without really touring. It's amazing and creepy at the same time.

It's such an interesting concept. I wonder if artists will be able to license their images to be used as holograms. IOW, they could make money off of tours, without really touring. It's amazing and creepy at the same time.

People could actually throw bottles at the late Axl holograph WITHOUT having the risk of hi stopping the show! :rofl-lol:

A hologram of Bucket playing ITW solo.

You'd also need a hologram Axl to sing it. Maybe Axl can retire and send out the holograms to do the tour. I wonder if it'll cost extra to have the Holograms show up after curfew every night.

Axl nailed ITW in Tokyo.

You are absolutely right. For some reason I thought it was the TWAT solo that Wasted mentioned. My mind is playing tricks on me.