This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! Look at these GnR-haters look for any excuse!

If Axl was fronting Velvet Revolver, you all would be orgasming about how great his singing is! LOL

lol

Gn'R is my co-favorite band silly. That's why I came here in the first place. Axl Rose is my co-favorite singer along with David Lee Roth. I give singers extra leeway when they age, and don't mind that they can't hit some of the notes or lose a little of the edge. I know DLR has lost something, but he still puts on a great show and the performing and writing chemistry with him and EVH and AVH is still there, so all is good. Same with Axl, his voice is still amazing but it has lost a little. That doesn't bother me. I was amazed when I saw him in 2006 how his voice sounded almost like the albums. I'm not even commenting on his voice. Just think the whole performance by the entire group wasn't the greatest, and I know they can do better than that. I like the current band and I like Chinese, but this wasn't the greatest.

Good on ya. It kills me, all of these Reunionists shit all over Axl talking about how he can't sing anymore, looks terrible, etc. yet they're all about to piss themselves wanting him to get back with the old band??? If you hate him so bad, why would you want that?? Fuck off. Axl doesn't want to sing for Velvet Revolver...

Good on ya. It kills me, all of these Reunionists shit all over Axl talking about how he can't sing anymore, looks terrible, etc. yet they're all about to piss themselves wanting him to get back with the old band??? If you hate him so bad, why would you want that?? Fuck off. Axl doesn't want to sing for Velvet Revolver...

I'd take Axl back in a reunion in a flash. Despite his current voice problems he is probably the best rock n roll front man of all time. My love for classic-era Guns includes Axl. The guy's talent is immense. Just don't agree with some/a lot of the things he has done since the early 90's.

Guns+N+Roses.jpg

rock3

They don't look like that anymore. Even if they did, because you are a guy ... you should captioned it as NO HOM...

And how many times do we have to say this: it is not 1987 anymore!

Keep your arguments about the PRESENT.

Okay Lana, i'll do just that.

This:

10840920-large.jpg

+ this:

Axl-Rose-195x110.jpg

+this:

Izzy+with+VR.jpg

= perfection! :thumbsup:

And, if the old band reunited now, there's no telling what kind of chemistry, if any, they would have.

Ali

You mean like this? ^^^

Hopefully they can find a better singer than Axl because just can't do it anymore.

Edited by Bailey15

I love the new lineup but I hate the fact that you never know anymore if Axl will sound good or not. He was good 06 but now he's just good on some songs or some times during their setlist.

I belive Axl is the weakest link right now just because he can't control his voice. But the band on the other hand is amazing. Only thing that buggs me is that Ron should play more solos or atleast play whole solos without DJ playing the easy parts and then let Ron play the rest in songs like SCOM and RQ.

And, if the old band reunited now, there's no telling what kind of chemistry, if any, they would have.

Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6vny8wngg

You mean like this? ^^^

I must have missed where Axl and Izzy appear in that video. Unless you can point them out to me, that is not the old GN'R band in full.

Ali

Take out Gilby, add in Izzy and you've got the MUSIC of Guns N Roses. Stop being pedantic.

Yeah, it's funny in a complete and utter horseshit kind of a way :rofl-lol:

Ali

Ali

You mean like this? ^^^

I must have missed where Axl and Izzy appear in that video. Unless you can point them out to me, that is not the old GN'R band in full.

Ali

Take out Gilby, add in Izzy and you've got the MUSIC of Guns N Roses. Stop being pedantic.

It's pedantic to point out that 40% of the AFD lineup is missing in that performance (not to mention the two principal songwriters)? And, last I checked, GN'R doesn't play instrumentals, so the lead singer is kind of necessary.

Yeah, o.k. I guess when you need to make an argument work, 40% can be an insignificant number :rofl-lol:

Ali

Nothing any of the pre-1993 members has done comes even remotely close to this:

See the rest of the playlist:

It has nothing to do with who has rights to the name. It has nothing to with who is in the band.

It is about the music!

Is is the music that determines whether it can be labelled as "Guns n' Roses".

Some seem to think that if the pre-1993 GnR got back together that some how they would be able to give us music that can even come remotely close to what we have with the Chinese Democracy era.

Not a chance! That is why they all quit on GnR in the first place. The pre-1993 band couldn't make music anymore that is worthy of being called "Guns n Roses".

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses". The music and live performances we are getting right now is definitely worthy of being called "Guns n Roses".

Axl has proven that he has every right to call the music "Guns N Roses".

When Axl Rose can no longer give us what we see in these videos, that is when "Guns n' Roses" should end. And his time is far from over.

Every thread here already degenerates into this STUPID discussion - did you really have to start another thread about it? You just joined here yesterday, and already have 30 annoying-as-fuck posts. you're one of those kids who posts 5000 times in 3 months, aren't you? actually, you were probably banned for trolling (like this thread) and made a new username yesterday. I think the moderators need to start putting post limits on users' accounts. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

The people who say that are just as bad as the cats who refer to slash as saul. I dont get how people can call themselves gnr fans and hate some of the members. I suppose id fall into the 'reunionist' category, whatever the fuck that means. Doesnt mean i love everything slash does, i fukin hate the fact that he appears on random shit tv prgrams and is more or less sponsored by classic rock magazine, doesnt mean im still not a huge fan. Same with axl, i hate how he uses the gnr name, really liked parts of cd and still think hes the greatest frontman around. I was/am really disapointed axl didnt show up at the hall of fame, reasons being those some of those i just mentioned - because hes an amazing singer/awesome frontman, just like slash is a fuckin rock god too. I just want my favourite band to get back together, if they dont id rather not have a band out there calling themselves guns n roses.

Ali

You mean like this? ^^^

Ali

It's pedantic to point out that 40% of the AFD lineup is missing in that performance (not to mention the two principal songwriters)? And, last I checked, GN'R doesn't play instrumentals, so the lead singer is kind of necessary.

Yeah, o.k. I guess when you need to make an argument work, 40% can be an insignificant number :rofl-lol:

Ali

No one said the video was the old GnR in full. But it gives a decent indication of the "chemistry" of the old band, as the guy who posted the video was responding to.

Ali

Says the guy who claims that it's fine to call a line-up consisting of only 20% by the Guns n' Roses name?

:thumbsup:

How many times do we to say this! Keep your points grounded on reality!

You abandoned reality with your OP my friend.

Edited by Original GNR

What happened to Velvet Revolver again?

You mean the band that had the balls to make a name for themselves without relying on the name of their old band and in doing so won a grammy and outsold Chinese Democracy by 4:1 in the US? You mean that Velvet Revolver?

Don't you mean the band that didn't have the balls to move forward until they found a young superstar lead singer from the alternative rock era to join them because that was only way they could be consider cool and relevant and sell records?

The same band that got a grammy for the first album, but then nobody bought their second album? What happened?

The same band that never headlined any festivals or sold out any stadiums?

The band then imploded a midst creative differences and personal in-fighting that also included spats towards Axl?

A band that is searching for a new lead singer that will help sell records for them but who will also not change anything Slash creates?

Yeah, that's the Velvet Revolver we all know!

Ali

You mean like this? ^^^

Ali

We all know Izzy didnt want anything to do with Slash+Duff+Matt when he was asked :book:

Ali

You mean like this? ^^^

Ali

We all know Izzy didnt want anything to do with Slash+Duff+Matt when he was asked :book:

Wrong Izzy never intended on going to the induction. He does not like being in the public any longer. And he sent his message by Duff that says he does not have a problem with him. Izzy also recorded on Slash's first solo with him. Izzy and his wife socialize with the McKagan's and Hudson's also.

Edited by sleeper