This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

So would Axl fronting Slash's Snakepit or Velvet Revolver be considered "Guns n Roses"?

If Axl proclaimed that it was...would you accept that?

I wouldn't because for the most part, the music is not up to gnr standard, regardless of who is on vocals, you can't polish a turd

I wanted to hear the answer from Warchild...er,I mean...so...uh...yeah....anyway. :book:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl could hire the Backstreet Boys to back him up and some people on here would consider it to be just another evolution of the band. I'm not quite sure if you can teach a Backstreet Boy to snake dance though.

Edited by ITW 2012

So would Axl fronting Slash's Snakepit or Velvet Revolver be considered "Guns n Roses"?

I wouldn't because for the most part, the music is not up to gnr standard, regardless of who is on vocals, you can't polish a turd

I wanted to hear the answer from Warchild...er,I mean...so...uh...yeah....anyway. :book:

I had a feeling.

slash fucked up pretty bad

Yup. That's my point. They're going on forever about how great they were when in reality they fucked up more than once. And they played three songs only - they werent on drugs or drunk. They simply fucked up these songs.

it's humerous to see those people who critique Axls voice are suddenly quiet when slash stuffs up as well.

How exactly did they fuck up?! They nailed it.

Axl could hire the Backstreet Boys to back him up and some people on here would consider it just another evolution of the band.

Sadly, you're probably right. I wonder if he'd release new music with that line-up.

I Want It That Way is the song that inspired Sorry. Axl's Back, ALRIGHT!

Edited by ITW 2012

I'm afraid that's a hypothetical question that I will never need to answer because I'm pretty sure Axl rejected it.

That is why there are people still crying about it.

I'm afraid that's a hypothetical question that I will never need to answer.

Yeah that's what I thought. :book:

I was hoping you would hypothetically answer.

It's pedantic to point out that 40% of the AFD lineup is missing in that performance (not to mention the two principal songwriters)? And, last I checked, GN'R doesn't play instrumentals, so the lead singer is kind of necessary.

Yeah, o.k. I guess when you need to make an argument work, 40% can be an insignificant number :rofl-lol:

Ali

Says the guy who claims that it's fine to call a line-up consisting of only 20% by the Guns n' Roses name?

So would Axl fronting Slash's Snakepit or Velvet Revolver be considered "Guns n Roses"? I mean that is like 90% UYI GnR right there.

Of course not!

Because it is about the music.

If Slash and Duff had not left GnR, we would still have gotten "Chinese Democracy" as it is.

If Axl accepted Slash and Duff back into GnR, we would still be getting "Chinese Democracy" part II.Some folks seem to think that Axl is going to change what he wants the music for GnR to be, if suddenly Slash and Duff returned.

"Guns n Roses" is Axl Rose's solo project. If you don't want to make the music he wants to sing to, then he will not sing to your music.

Chinese Democracy would not have been the same if Slash was on it. It would have been good music, and would have an entirely different feel to it.

It is about the music!

Is is the music that determines whether it can be labelled as "Guns n' Roses".

It is a person's opinion and subjective view that determines what that person will label it as.

You have every right to feel like old-GNR sucks but I feel sorry for you because obviously you have nothing else to do but create an account at a forum you have already been banned from and trying to bait people in with your nonsensical and baseless arguments.

Nice try, but not nice enough :thumbsup:

Edited by WhazUp

Question. Are most of the Original line up supporters here, older? They've seen and grew up with Slash and Co. and appreciate them more?

Or are the Axl supporters younger and only know the band after the original member left? Thus they llike the new band as it is? Food for thought.

i bet im one of the youngest members on this forum but i still prefer the original lineup. i just prefer old skool rock n roll. ill take a snakepit over cd anyday.

the thing about slash and izzy still being in and still having cd II or whatever he said, differnce is we would have slash's lead guitar, izzy's rhythm, duff's bassline and i dont care who's drumming. they can take a failed record like CD and show the world how it should've sounded to begin with.....and they wont take 15 years to do it either! ;)

Neither was Chinese democracy.... horrible that it was released under the GNR name.

if Chi-D had been the first album released, I definitely would never have been a fan.

And, if the old band reunited now, there's no telling what kind of chemistry, if any, they would have.

Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6vny8wngg

You mean like this? ^^^

You realize that this is what any of 100 cover bands across the world does every Friday night.

What you cant do is write and perform a song like "Sorry" or 4 or 5 other songs on CD without Axl Rose.

Thats not kissing up to Axl, thats reality. It wasnt his best vocal for sure, but live music that happens sometimes and if you've ever gone to

more than 3 concerts youd know that. Go listen to the CD and tell me sorry isnt old school GNR ya goofs.

theres a reason why Velvet Revolver didnt work, its called creativity.

And I'll bet even money this group that played a GNR cover at the HOF tries to make a run at being a band.

Write this down, you'll see them soon. They're 50 and their window is closing.

Because Axl doesnt act like you want him to act doesnt mean you lose touch with reality.

This "Axl's Husband' whatever the fuck that is, has a point.

You either liked GNR, like GNR, with Axl or you dont.

and you can like this video too if youd like, but its not Guns N Roses and it will never be Guns N Roses

And, if the old band reunited now, there's no telling what kind of chemistry, if any, they would have.

Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6vny8wngg

You mean like this? ^^^

You realize that this is what any of 100 cover bands across the world does every Friday night.

What you cant do is write and perform a song like "Sorry" or 4 or 5 other songs on CD without Axl Rose.

Thats not kissing up to Axl, thats reality. It wasnt his best vocal for sure, but live music that happens sometimes and if you've ever gone to

more than 3 concerts youd know that. Go listen to the CD and tell me sorry isnt old school GNR ya goofs.

theres a reason why Velvet Revolver didnt work, its called creativity.

And I'll bet even money this group that played a GNR cover at the HOF tries to make a run at being a band.

Write this down, you'll see them soon. They're 50 and their window is closing.

Because Axl doesnt act like you want him to act doesnt mean you lose touch with reality.

and you can like this video too if youd like, but its not Guns N Roses and it will never be Guns N Roses

100 bands across the world create a song like scom, mr brownstone, and paradise city every night? wow, please link me to just ONE. Because thats what the old lineup did, this new "illusion" of axl's that he brings on stage released one album in 15 years...wait...not even THIS band that did it....a previous lineup.....and that album cant even begin to stand next to the debut album on the old lineup....they were in their early 20s on drugs and booze and these current guys are seasoned professionals, whats up with that?

Edited by cliffburton

Listen guys, let's call Chinese democracy what it is.... A solid rock album. However, for those who just get swept away in the axlmania, for the love of god please just try your best to keep things in perspective. Axl is not in his prime anymore and the new band is not better than the old. It's time for some to let it go.

Are you guys sure you want the term Nutter retired? I think even Axl die-hards would classify the OP as one.

What is the point of this topic other than to flame the old band vs new band fire?

Axls husband and Ali. We know that you two worship Axl. And that is perfectly fine.

But you both are being ridiculous.

We have no idea how good the current band can be, because they haven't put out an album together. So how cam you proclaim them to be better than a band that had enough chemistry and talent to create an album that sold over 25 million copies? A band that sold something like 120 albums. A band that many considered one of the top 5-10 rock bands of all time?

Insulting old band members to make new band members look better.....that's seriously your strategy?

If that is the case, why doesn't the current band release music? Why are they making a living playing the old band's songs?????

Worship whomever you want. And Axl is my favorite singer. But the constant bashing of the old guys and acting like the current guys have reached the level of the old guys is ridiculous.

Being honest, as someone who saw the old band and has been a GN'R fan since 1988, the new lineup is as good, if not a better group of players all around than the old band.

Ali

:thumbsup: this is GN'R !!!

fullbandstilllores1624x.jpg

This.

Being honest, as someone who saw the old band and has been a GN'R fan since 1988, the new lineup is as good, if not a better group of players all around than the old band.

Ali

:thumbsup: this is GN'R !!! :kiss:

fullbandstilllores1624x.jpg

I agree with you 110 percent

You don't have to be on drugs/ drink a lot of booze to write good songs, drugs were one of the reasons the old band broke up. Slash/ Duff almost died because of them.

I think the point was that the old band were able to achieve all that they did in spite of being fucked up on drugs and booze whereas the new band are (comparatively) clean and sober professionals and still don't seem to be able to write or release anything.

Hmmm... makes sense.

How utterly profound.

Considering I'm someone who "liked" GnR,I didn't realize I had to shit all over Slash and the original guys to fit in with the new GnR crowd.

I find that a bizarre concept,considering I "like" GnR too.

Great music + Great lyrics....

What music has Axl written that doesn't involve piano?

Very little if any. Thus he relys on guitarists to help him write.

Yeah, thats why he wrote the solos for madagascar himself. And rythm on twat too... cant remember the rest. If u can play piano, u have the ears to almost play any other instrument :thumbsup:

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses".

THIS

Great music + Great lyrics....

I don't think anything the former members released after they left GN'R stacked up to Chinese Democracy. Certainly not Snakepit, VR, or Loaded. Chinese Democracy smoked their asses.