This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snal

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses".

THIS

Great music + Great lyrics....

I don't think anything the former members released after they left GN'R stacked up to Chinese Democracy. Certainly not Snakepit, VR, or Loaded. Chinese Democracy smoked their asses.

Snakepit and VR had some cool stuff, but I think that CD was the best Gn'R related thing we had so far.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh hell yeah. I liked the albums but I think Chinese blew them out of the water.

The majority of Guns N' Roses fans, music press and the record-buying public strongly disagree with these sentiments. But fuck, what do they know? You guys are the experts.

Where are you getting the "majority" from? I've read good reviews, mixed reciews, seen postive feedback.

I don't get where people are getting the "majority" from, they all think they have a shared opinion.

The majority I'm referring to is Contraband outselling Chinese Democracy and generally getting better reviews.

That sounds to me like the music fans saying: "We like Velvet Revolver better".

EDIT: I'm speaking about strictly in the United States.

Edited by OTHAFA

CD sold more world wide. But it's obvious CD is GNR record. If Slash played on it everyone would be saying how awesome it is.

Damn straight we would, it would have sounded a hell of a lot better.

no fretless wankery, tapping, elephant or atari noises :thumbsup:

Snal

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses".

THIS

Great music + Great lyrics....

I don't think anything the former members released after they left GN'R stacked up to Chinese Democracy. Certainly not Snakepit, VR, or Loaded. Chinese Democracy smoked their asses.

Snakepit and VR had some cool stuff, but I think that CD was the best Gn'R related thing we had so far.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh hell yeah. I liked the albums but I think Chinese blew them out of the water.

The majority of Guns N' Roses fans, music press and the record-buying public strongly disagree with these sentiments. But fuck, what do they know? You guys are the experts.

Where are you getting the "majority" from? I've read good reviews, mixed reciews, seen postive feedback.

I don't get where people are getting the "majority" from, they all think they have a shared opinion.

The majority I'm referring to is Contraband outselling Chinese Democracy and generally getting better reviews.

That sounds to me like the music fans saying: "We like Velvet Revolver better".

EDIT: I'm speaking about strictly in the United States.

2003 is not 2008. Record sales have been declining and Contraband had better promotion. Chinese Democracy was released virtually unnoticed.

Plus Chinese Democracy had much hire expectations, too high if you ask me, so they expected the greatest album ever made. The long wait really hurt the reviews but if they listen to it again years later they will say it was a pretty good album.

CD sold more world wide. But it's obvious CD is GNR record. If Slash played on it everyone would be saying how awesome it is.

It would sound basically the same. it still wouldn't be like UYI where it's just all Slash. if the solos on CD were terrible then I'd say Slash could have done better but he couldn't. They are all pretty awesome.

Songs like SOD, Twat, Catcher, Sorry, Madgascar, TIL even Better are pure GNR songs.

Yeah, we should stick to conventional and boring shit because we're too coward to try something new. Great idea. Let's play to straight rock n' fuckin roll songs for the rest of our lives.

BTW, what's the problem with tapping? I bet if Slash used tapping as his signature tech, like EVH, you would LO-O-O-O-Oooove tapping.

It would sound basically the same. it still wouldn't be like UYI where it's just all Slash. if the solos on CD were terrible then I'd say Slash could have done better but he couldn't. They are all pretty awesome.

Songs like SOD, Twat, Catcher, Sorry, Madgascar, TIL even Better are pure GNR songs.

IFW, Shacklers and Prostitute are like GN'R beyond.

the Catcher solo would've been awesome if they had left Brian May's in. Buckets Riyadh solo was better than what ended up on the album too.

Gotta agree with that, but that doesn't mean tapping/ fretless/ unconventional techs and instruments are shit.

Edited by Chewbacca

Yeah, we should stick to conventional and boring shit because we're too coward to try something new. Great idea. Let's play to straight rock n' fuckin roll songs for the rest of our lives.

BTW, what's the problem with tapping? I bet if Slash used tapping as his signature tech, like EVH, you would LO-O-O-O-Oooove tapping.

Buckethead and Ron would tap accurately and get called shit guitar players for it because Slash can't even do it.

Like saying all they can do is shred or have no soul when they've proved otherwise. They can shred with soul.

the Catcher solo would've been awesome if they had left Brian May's in. Buckets Riyadh solo was better than what ended up on the album too.

Gotta agree with that, but that doesn't mean tapping/ fretless/ unconventional techs and instruments are shit.

I liked Ron's solos.

I am sure when Ron gets replaced by John 5 you will all become huge fans of his solos on Chinese Democracy.

I think Rons solo on Shacklers fits the song a bluesy solo on a Korn Zombie song would sound weird. I think for Axl to use the position he'd worked for to branch out was the obvious thing to do. To remake UYI would have been a mistake. Spag incident was old school GNR but it bombed.

If they lied that Slash played on it, and Slash confirmed that just for the shits n giggles, you all would be saying how cool CD is.

If they lied that Slash played on it, and Slash confirmed that just for the shits n giggles, you all would be saying how cool CD is.

Seeing, Slash, Duff and Gilby was cool as hell the other night. They sounded awesome and looked cool as fuck. I can only imagine what they could do if Axl and Izzy jolined. Steven is such a better fit than Matt too. Steven , Duff, Slash and Gilby/Izzy should just do a kick ass tour of all Guns shit.

Damn! I'm hot!

Nothing any of the pre-1993 members has done comes even remotely close to this:

See the rest of the playlist:

It has nothing to do with who has rights to the name. It has nothing to with who is in the band.

It is about the music!

Is is the music that determines whether it can be labelled as "Guns n' Roses".

Some seem to think that if the pre-1993 GnR got back together that some how they would be able to give us music that can even come remotely close to what we have with the Chinese Democracy era.

Not a chance! That is why they all quit on GnR in the first place. The pre-1993 band couldn't make music anymore that is worthy of being called "Guns n Roses".

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses". The music and live performances we are getting right now is definitely worthy of being called "Guns n Roses".

Axl has proven that he has every right to call the music "Guns N Roses".

When Axl Rose can no longer give us what we see in these videos, that is when "Guns n' Roses" should end. And his time is far from over.

Nothing any of the pre-1993 members has done comes even remotely close to this:

yep. Because they create hard rock not only soft rock ballads

The pre-1993 band couldn't make music anymore that is worthy of being called "Guns n Roses".

:crazy::rofl-lol:

only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses"

Stop licking his ass and bash the original members. GNR is not full without Axl or without the pre-1993 members. The current band is Axl's solo band. They are good, but definitely not GNR.

When Axl Rose can no longer give us what we see in these videos, that is when "Guns n' Roses" should end. And his time is far from over.

You could have at least posted a video where Axl was singing good. Try looking under London 2010.

and this!

THIS is Guns N Roses. Raw, grimy, primal:

That WAS Guns n Roses.

But it's not 1987 anymore.

I know and it's such a shame. They used to actually be good.

By 1987 culture, yes.

By 2012 culture, no.

Define the culture

and i wonder why are you make this thread. Maybe you're trolling

Well actualy doesn't there exist a record they did write that has never seen the light of day. Around the time Velvet Revolver was being formed before Izzy took off? Sure I read they thought it could have been an amazing Guns N Roses album

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses". The music and live performances we are getting right now is definitely worthy of being called "Guns n Roses".

Duff's Beautiful Disease, Loaded's Sick and The Taking plus Velvet Revolver's Contraband are as good as Chinese Democracy. Maybe even a tad better, cause they sound more organic.