Axl Apologizes to Cleveland but Stands Firm!

AxlCorp

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "overwhelmingly positive response"? Where on earth is he getting that from?

I think he's surprised at getting any positive response at all for it.

I appreciated this message. Especially this part: ‎"I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own."

Edited by Flayer

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl

THANK YOU AXL for not attending the Hall OF SHAME !!!!!! LOVE YOU ALWAYSSSSS :wub:

Axl's just acting like a politician. Just like Nixon smiling and waving to the people that were telling him to go to hell and saying "Thank you very much"

This. Its obviously a PR stunt to try to get things in a nice perspective. Nothing really new, it's very much like every single company in the world saying they are leading the market. :lol:

Axl must have gotten his feedback from the 4 people who post on the Guns N Roses forum on their website, and I am sure 3 of the 4 people there supported him so that 75% must have been the overwhelming majority

even the people here who usually suck up to Axl seemed to turn against him after his decline to the hall

There was actually a fair amount of support for his decision, including some high-profile people and news sources. I wouldn't say a majority, but consider that he probably went into this expecting to have a 0% approval rating and came out with 25-30%, and the results would be surprising to him.

Edited by Flayer

The media's gonna completely ignore this apology. :rofl-lol:

The media that you people think are obsessed with bashing Axl Rose 24/7?

Yes, you are probably correct. Every news reporter in the world probably got a memo from some unknown higher force that said "Bash Axl today, but tomorrow, please ignore his apology."

Hate to break this to you. But Axl get's what he deserves. Whether it is positive press or negative press. There is no conspiracy against him.

I love how he used the word "entitlement". This is really the issue. He addressed it in the earlier letter as well. It is so like this current society, especially in the US to feel "entitled" to what they want musically, and damn the actual performer.

He has a solid grasp on what he wants, he is supporting his current band, and does no feel that he owes anyone anything but giving 100% when he does a show. I love this. He is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't, but it seems as though he is comfortable in his stance, and I am glad, cause that means more touring, and more music.

Anyone out there who thinks Axl is wrong to feel how he does, ask yourself if you would be willing to let others make your life decisions for you based on what they want?

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl

THANK YOU AXL for not attending the Hall OF SHAME !!!!!! LOVE YOU ALWAYSSSSS :wub:

Yes. Thank you for not performing for your fans. Always a sign to show love for your favorite singer when he chooses to NOT perform for you.

Your obsession with him is a little creepy.

Even I have to admit that the response to the initial ROHF letter was very mixed...

You had some fans praising Axl for doing the right thing, but then you had the other half of the fanbase ripping Axl to shreds, saying how he "ruined the show" and was "childish". So this leads me to think that this was indeed a kind of PR stunt to get things positive again in the GN'R camp, and to make out everything is rosey.

Just cool to hear off Axl 2 times in the space of a week, wish he kept this sort of thing up. ;)

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Keep Rockin',

Axl

Yes. Thank you for not performing for your fans. Always a sign to show love for your favorite singer when he chooses to NOT perform for you.

You obviously have not been to a show. Say all you want about him, but he is a great performer, and always delivers for the fans, and just because he chose not to perform for something he does not believe in, doesn't make him a bad guy, or mean he doesn't care about his fans. Specious leap dude, and wrong.

The media's gonna completely ignore this apology. :rofl-lol:

The media that you people think are obsessed with bashing Axl Rose 24/7?

Yes, you are probably correct. Every news reporter in the world probably got a memo from some unknown higher force that said "Bash Axl today, but tomorrow, please ignore his apology."

Hate to break this to you. But Axl get's what he deserves. Whether it is positive press or negative press. There is no conspiracy against him.

'you people'? Which group of people are you implying I'm part of? You're obviously wrong, Groghan. Please do background check. :rofl-lol:

Keep Rockin',

Axl

I Thanked Axl for not became a VR singer ... I've seen GN'R 4 times .... can't wait for the tour in May .... :wub:

Keep Rockin',

Axl

I Thanked Axl for not became a VR singer ... I've seen GN'R 4 times .... can't wait for the tour in May .... :wub:

Exactly, all this is just crap. Any time he comes close I will be there. And the HOF can suck it. They can have Chaka Kahn and Modanna, but they can't have Axl, rock3

To be honest, most people (like Eddie Trunk) who supported Axl , did so because they disapprove of the RRHOF

for not inducting bigger named bands like Kiss and Rush. Not because they thought Axl was making an awesome

decision. What world does Axl live in anyway? Most of the people thought he was a dick for being a no show.

To be honest, most people (like Eddie Trunk) who supported Axl , did so because they disapprove of the RRHOF

for not inducting bigger named bands like Kiss and Rush. Not because they thought Axl was making an awesome

decision. What world does Axl live in anyway? Most of the people thought he was a dick for being a no show.

Absolutely true.

Keep Rockin',

Axl

That doesn't even make sense. Nice try though.

There was actually a fair amount of support for his decision, including some high-profile people and news sources. I wouldn't say a majority, but consider that he probably went into this expecting to have a 0% approval rating and came out with 25-30%, and the results would be surprising to him.

This.

Lame attempt at damage control from the "camp" and proof positive that they keep Axl in a bubble of misinformative. At least I hope it is that because otherwise it only confirms that he has lost his fuckin marbles. His own facebook page should be enough for him to gauge the vicious backlash against his decision

Yeah I was just wondering where he was even getting his info. His name was even LOUDLY booed at the induction.