Axl Apologizes to Cleveland but Stands Firm!

AxlCorp

"the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled"

I always wondered where this Bob guy wound up, now I think I know :rofl-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9aW1atFLMM

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled"

I always wondered where this Bob guy wound up, now I think I know :rofl-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9aW1atFLMM

That brought back memories haha was pretty funny, ill give u that. :rofl-lol:

I'll say one last time, Axl was probably surprised there was any positive response to him turning them down and is glad that a portion of the fanbase and the media actually supported him.

Exactly. And there are fans outside this forum, believe it or not. Just because the majority here hates him doesn't mean it's the case everywhere else. I certainly saw a fair amount of people supporting his decision which I had not expected cause I thought everyone would hate him for it (which Axl probably did too) so I was surprised. I saw many tweets to him telling him how people backed him up and that's probably what he's referring to.

I liked this letter and I support his PERSONAL decision not to go there. But at the same time I will never put down the old band and I must say I enjoyed the performance at the HoF and it made me sad that he wasn't there. So I guess in this case I understand him as a person, maybe just not as a musician, but with Axl they're pretty much the same thing, so...I don't know how to conclude this sentence...it is what it is?

Edited by ppruks

Everyone should keep in perspective we are a very small group of the fans around the world.

Yeah, cause if you look at their facebook with millions of people, you'll see 95% whining and hating about his decision. We're actually very positive considering all the circumstances.

Edited by marlon_brando15

I'm actually starting to feel more and more pity for Axl now.

There were a few people speaking out in support of his decision, and some fans, but the general feedback has been negative. The biggest indicator of that were the FANS at the HOF. The people that matter the most.

The tone of this latest statement is very conciliatory, polite, non confrontational - a total contrast to the statement he released just before the HOF. This seems far more like a damage control exercise because the reaction towards him at the HOF was negative and the other ex-Guns members had a very well received performance and induction speeches. They came off looking like the bigger men and Axl has clearly realised that. This whole spiel about "trying to learn what the HOF is all about" is a load of crap. He knows what it's about. We all know it's faults. He didn't turn up because he didn't want the awkwardness of standing up there with his ex band mates and also because he didn't agree with the HOF's induction policy with regards to Guns N Roses. He didn't want his name inducted, but they went and did it anyway.

Edited by Original GNR

To be honest, most people (like Eddie Trunk) who supported Axl , did so because they disapprove of the RRHOF

for not inducting bigger named bands like Kiss and Rush. Not because they thought Axl was making an awesome

decision. What world does Axl live in anyway? Most of the people thought he was a dick for being a no show.

Eddie Trunk questioned the first time induction and felt that Wenner was trying to engineer a reunion to happen. Wenner's more of a figurehead these days, it's actually Springsteen's manager who makes the final call on the list.

Axl, Slash and Duff have commented about the induction process in the past.

The sad truth is he is actually serious. I actually feel sorry for the guy now. He has lost touch with reality. It is sad.

There has been tonsof support from people. Why is everyone here saying that it doesn't make sense?

It's a form of selective hearing/seeing. He was so intent on whining that anything positive written,or said, went in one ear/eye and out of the other.

Lame attempt at damage control from the "camp" and proof positive that they keep Axl in a bubble of misinformative. At least I hope it is that because otherwise it only confirms that he has lost his fuckin marbles. His own facebook page should be enough for him to gauge the vicious backlash against his decision

This letter was addressed to Guns N' Roses fans, not whiny cunts and ranting hair metal past-dwellers desperate for 1987 to come back. The majority of Guns N' Roses fans - and by that I mean fans of Guns in the present - were overwhelmingly supportive of Axl's decision.

:confused: Are you also living in never never land? The majority of Guns N' Roses fans reactions was not a positive one.

Interesting though that in his note just now he says it was his problem with the HOF that prevented him going. I thought it was pretty obvious it was due to the other band members there. Do you think it's accurate that it's actually the HOF he had issue with?