Axl Apologizes to Cleveland but Stands Firm!

AxlCorp

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl

THANK YOU AXL for not attending the Hall OF SHAME !!!!!! LOVE YOU ALWAYSSSSS :wub:

Yes. Thank you for not performing for your fans. Always a sign to show love for your favorite singer when he chooses to NOT perform for you.

What you keep ignoring is that he DOES perform live- infact too much for your taste as you've been asking for the on-going touring to stop. He does show love for the fans by putting on great shows twice the length that he's required to play for, going the distance to make the fans happy. That's enough love for some- they dont need you to define love by your criteria.

I think he has a basic human right to have some say in where and when he performs though, just like any other person on this planet.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

The only people more delusional than Axl are the select few posting on sites like this that are willing to lap up his every word as gospel. If Axl claimed that the sun was black and the moon green they would take to the net immediately to declare it as the truth and shout down anyone that disagrees as a hater or heaven forbid, a fan of the original band. You'd swear they are being paid by that sycopantic circle entrenched in Axls mansion.

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl

THANK YOU AXL for not attending the Hall OF SHAME !!!!!! LOVE YOU ALWAYSSSSS :wub:

Yes. Thank you for not performing for your fans. Always a sign to show love for your favorite singer when he chooses to NOT perform for you.

What you keep ignoring is that he DOES perform live- infact too much for your taste as you've been asking for the on-going touring to stop. He does show love for the fans by putting on great shows twice the length that he's required to play for, going the distance to make the fans happy. That's enough love for some- they dont need you to define love by your criteria.

I think he has a basic human right to have some say in where and when he performs though, just like any other person on this planet.

You get it dude. He is 50, and at the point in his life where he probably just wants to do what he feels is right for him and his band. People strive their whole lives to get to a point where they can call their own shots. And as far as I can tell he really hasn't don't anything controversial since 2002. He has just been doing his thing, and I just don't see how anyone else would have a problem with that.

All these people bitching about some 50 year old stranger are so odd to me. I really don't get it. He actually is one of the most benign rock stars out there right now. Like I said before, this country feels they are owed things. Which is why he is so big in other countries, cause they don't have the sense of entitlement we have here. You bitching fans got some set on ya, telling a grown ass man who to hang out with.

Edited by Gunzen2012

Interesting though that in his note just now he says it was his problem with the HOF that prevented him going. I thought it was pretty obvious it was due to the other band members there. Do you think it's accurate that it's actually the HOF he had issue with?

Not a chance.

The only people more delusional than Axl are the select few posting on sites like this that are willing to lap up his every word as gospel. If Axl claimed that the sun was black and the moon green they would take to the net immediately to declare it as the truth and shout down anyone that disagrees as a hater or heaven forbid, a fan of the original band. You'd swear they are being paid by that sycopantic circle entrenched in Axls mansion.

Keep telling yourself that. Keep generalizing and making blanket statements. You're so full of shit it's funny. There are 100s of threads on this board which criticize Axl, some fair, some not so fair. But either way, it's so funny to watch people like you try to spin the situation. This isn't HTGTH and it never has been.

Here's the difference between me and you: I listen to Axl.

Interesting that you would look the other way at all the negative assholes whose sole purpose on this board is to share their unhappiness. I'm sorry it bothers you so much I can accept the fact there won't be a reunion.

I'm actually starting to feel more and more pity for Axl now.

There were a few people speaking out in support of his decision, and some fans, but the general feedback has been negative. The biggest indicator of that were the FANS at the HOF. The people that matter the most.

The tone of this latest statement is very conciliatory, polite, non confrontational - a total contrast to the statement he released just before the HOF. This seems far more like a damage control exercise because the reaction towards him at the HOF was negative and the other ex-Guns members had a very well received performance and induction speeches. They came off looking like the bigger men and Axl has clearly realised that. This whole spiel about "trying to learn what the HOF is all about" is a load of crap. He knows what it's about. We all know it's faults. He didn't turn up because he didn't want the awkwardness of standing up there with his ex band mates and also because he didn't agree with the HOF's induction policy with regards to Guns N Roses. He didn't want his name inducted, but they went and did it anyway.

Oh yeah, your pity will just shake things up for him, it would be wayyyy too much for him to bear. :rolleyes:

Where was his tone so very confrontational in the previous letter? He actually wished the RRHOF a great show, thanked the board and congratulated the artists getting inducted. Guess you read the letter with your own warped vision blocking your view.

Who are you to say that he never tried to learn about the RRHOF? Do you have his phone records that you can verify that those phone calls that he refers to were never made? If so, show them to all of us so we can all learn from your exclusive knowledge. Otherwise, stop proclaiming things that you just dont know. He referred to these EXACT same ideas about not really understanding who gets to make these choices of inducting people and why back in 2008 in his forum posts. So its obvious that he's had these feelings for a while. It was not the only reason he made the decision but it seems to have had a bearing on it.

If axl buys you pizza, you damn better eat it haha.

Axl Rose. Legend :)

I laughed at that. I tried to give a homeless person a bag of chip once I had just bought from a grocery store. He was digging in the trash. He turned his nose up but eventually took it

I went on a school trip to France when i was 11 years old and a homeless man asked me for some of the pizza I was eating, i refused and the degenerate little fuck spat at me.

If axl buys you pizza, you damn better eat it haha.

Axl Rose. Legend :)

I laughed at that. I tried to give a homeless person a bag of chip once I had just bought from a grocery store. He was digging in the trash. He turned his nose up but eventually took it

I went on a school trip to France when i was 11 years old and a homeless man asked me for some of the pizza I was eating, i refused and the degenerate little fuck spat at me.

I went on a double date picnic once at the beach in Chicago and we gave all our leftover donuts and pretzels and other snacks to a couple homeless guys. Then we run into another one down the street who asks if we saved any for him. Sometimes, you just can't win.

Edited by Flayer

If Axl wants to get some tips on releasing statements, maybe he can do what Matt Sorum did today:

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum has released the following statement:

"Dear friends and fans of GUNS N' ROSES,

"I am releasing this statement to bring closure to the night's events at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, and to all things GUNS N' ROSES. This will alleviate numerous press statements and interviews about the subject, which I have already addressed on my Twitter.

"In these last few months since getting notice about being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, many emotions and feelings have gone through my head and heart, as well as the original five members of GN'R: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. I was also chosen to be inducted, along with Dizzy Reed.

"It was slightly awkward for me in some ways knowing some fans have the original five in their hearts for a reunion. I chose to say to Slash and Duff, 'Please have Steven play, and let me know what you would like me to do.'

"Two days before the event. Axl made his statement known. And it was apparent he wouldn't be attending. In respect to him, that is his decision and should be honored. Also, Izzy declined. So I suggested Slash call Gilby, who was left out of the proceedings. Gilby was a member of the band and contributing to the 'Use Your Illusions' world tour, which took us around the globe for three years, as well as playing guitar on 'Spaghetti Incident' and 'The Live Era' albums. It felt like the right thing to do.

"In fairness to the rest of the original lineup and myself, we decided to go ahead and attend. This is an honor that is once in a lifetime and couldn't be missed, especially for fans of the band. To us, it was honoring them as well. Regarding playing live, we agreed that we would share the stage together, joined by Myles Kennedy as guest singer, who did a fine job filling big shoes. Steven graciously offered 'Brownstone' and played two other 'Appetite' tracks, and I sang and joined him near the kit on 'Paradise City'.

"It felt perfect for all involved.

"In my speech, I made references to drugs and Steven being dismissed from the band, in which I referred to, 'How could someone be fired from GUNS N' ROSES for doing too many drugs??'

"It was meant to be light-hearted. But knowing the struggles Steven has endured all these years. I felt I needed to clarify that Steven was onstage, healthy, and ready to rock.

"It is well known that the rest of the band has endured addiction and alcoholism and at this point in our lives, we are all healthy and sober.

"Not to make light of drugs and alcohol… we were all full-blown addicts when the band split. What started out as a party and what we believed was part of the makeup of the band turned on all of us in the end.

"Many years of soul searching and reconnecting with our inner selves have brought glorious gifts: VELVET REVOLVER with millions of records sold and a Grammy, Steven with his new band, and more. We are now all playing music and making records on our own that is truly what we love, before any of the business of music came into play. The music has always been the passion, before anything else.

"Steven's passion for GN'R is something that no one can explain but him: it's a true love gone, but never forgotten. How many people have felt that in their lifetime?

"I told Steven and the rest of the guys the night of the induction that night was for them and what they created on the streets of Hollywood, and it can never be taken away. The music will live on. And that's what counts. Not about who was there at the induction. That the music will always be theirs and no can ever take that away.

"Also, I have much respect for my former band, THE CULT. And all the musicians I have played with over the years. They have all taught me so much.

"I also need to thank my dearest and closest confidante, Ace Harper, who is my fiancée and has made me a better man. She has walked beside in times of darkness, and has been there for me when all the stage lights and backstage parties were over.

"This is where life is for all of us now survivors of a rock and roll era you will never see the likes of again: Married men Slash with two wonderful boys, Duff with two beautiful girls, Steven happy with a beautiful wife.

"Life is good, my friends…we are alive! God bless the fans of GN'R.

"Long live rock and roll."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172696&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I suppose Axl's well-aware of all the negative feedback, but he decided to thank those who supported him... And to all those opposed... hmm... well... :D

I think that's what it is. I think he's also being cheeky and letting those who have been ceaselessly attacking his decision know that they're not the focus of his life. :)

crazy_bread.jpg

Mmmm

I want it so bad

That pizza comment makes me think Axl's been reading the board.

We need to take this Crazy Bread crusade to the next level.

Axl driving around Malibu in his Lambo delivering pizza and crazy bread.

Edited by ITW 2012

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum has released the following statement:

"Dear friends and fans of GUNS N' ROSES,

<...>

"Life is good, my friends…we are alive! God bless the fans of GN'R.

"Long live rock and roll."

Matt's been a class act recently. :thumbsup: Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Lame attempt at damage control from the "camp" and proof positive that they keep Axl in a bubble of misinformative. At least I hope it is that because otherwise it only confirms that he has lost his fuckin marbles. His own facebook page should be enough for him to gauge the vicious backlash against his decision

Yeah I was just wondering where he was even getting his info. His name was even LOUDLY booed at the induction.

No shit huh? Wow, the RNR Hall Of Fame audience booing the guy who eschewed the RNR Hall of Fame? Who would have thunk it?