Axl Apologizes to Cleveland but Stands Firm!

AxlCorp

I'll say one last time, Axl was probably surprised there was any positive response to him turning them down and is glad that a portion of the fanbase and the media actually supported him.

Exactly. And there are fans outside this forum, believe it or not. Just because the majority here hates him doesn't mean it's the case everywhere else. I certainly saw a fair amount of people supporting his decision which I had not expected cause I thought everyone would hate him for it (which Axl probably did too) so I was surprised. I saw many tweets to him telling him how people backed him up and that's probably what he's referring to.

I would bet all of my wife's money that no one on this forum hates Axl. A lot of people think he often acts like an asshole and makes bad decisions, but most people I have come across here who critisise Axl are the ones that deep down like him the most. Its because we love the guy and his potential that its so painful to watch him put himself in positions where people have no option but to call him out on his behavior just like they would anyone else in any walk of life.

I wasnt hoping for a reunion at the HOF by a long shot, just that they could act like adults and make moves to put the whole ridiculous feud behind them and start communicating as business partners, because like it or not thats what they are. I want to see Illusions boxset stuff thats in the vaults as well as Axl continuing with CD2 plans.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

Axl is no outlaw. Despite what he might like to think. The reality is that he is a coward, all talk and no action.

I'll say one last time, Axl was probably surprised there was any positive response to him turning them down and is glad that a portion of the fanbase and the media actually supported him.

Exactly. And there are fans outside this forum, believe it or not. Just because the majority here hates him doesn't mean it's the case everywhere else. I certainly saw a fair amount of people supporting his decision which I had not expected cause I thought everyone would hate him for it (which Axl probably did too) so I was surprised. I saw many tweets to him telling him how people backed him up and that's probably what he's referring to.

I would bet all of my wife's money that no one on this forum hates Axl. A lot of people think he often acts like an asshole and makes bad decisions, but most people I have come across here who critisise Axl are the ones that deep down like him the most. Its because we love the guy and his potential that its so painful to watch him put himself in positions where people have no option but to call him out on his behavior just like they would anyone else in any walk of life.

100% true. I criticise a lot of the things Axl does/has done, but by no means do i even remotely "hate" the guy. There would be no Guns N Roses without Axl Rose, he is supremely talented and one of the best rock n roll front men ever. His behaviour just baffles me a lot of the time though. But Axl is Axl and that volatility is part of what made him so captivating in the first place.

There's always an option when it comes to deciding whether or not to be a gobshite. If you respect an artist you think 'well, I don't understand why he's doing this, but he's got his own ideas and his own scruples and his own brain - and that's what made me love his work in the first place'. If you're a gobshite you think 'well, I loved all those songs that came out of that brain, but now he's getting it all wrong because he's not doing what I would do'. Ah, there's the rub. You didn't write those songs. You don't sing like that. He's Axl Rose, and you're not.

Unique people make great artists. Who do you want, Little Richard or Pat Boone? I don't get how people can like these artists who's eccentricities make them so great and then piss on them because 'hey, he doesn't act like I would'.

Edited by tomfriend

Lame attempt at damage control from the "camp" and proof positive that they keep Axl in a bubble of misinformative. At least I hope it is that because otherwise it only confirms that he has lost his fuckin marbles. His own facebook page should be enough for him to gauge the vicious backlash against his decision

Wow, that was uncomfortable.

This letter comes across like an uncle with Alzheimers. Just kind of random rambling. It was a nice gesture to thank his supporters, I won't even get on him for wanting to believe it was overwhelmingly positive, but he goes off on these tangents, from questioning the finances of the HOF (seriously, wtf), to apologizing to an entire city (was there some outcry from the 400,000 residents that we somehow missed), to an analogy about pizza and soup (I gather some of us are homeless women in his eyes). He just seems so unrelatable, like he's living his own reality and the rest of the world is living another.

There's always an option when it comes to deciding whether or not to be a gobshite. If you respect an artist you think 'well, I don't understand why he's doing this, but he's got his own ideas and his own scruples and his own brain - and that's what made me love his work in the first place'. If you're a gobshite you think 'well, I loved all those songs that came out of that brain, but now he's getting it all wrong because he's not doing what I would do'. Ah, there's the rub. You didn't write those songs. You don't sing like that. He's Axl Rose, and you're not.

By that argument you can support anything anyone has ever done because actually every living person has their "own scruples and our own brain". Stop trying to create an argument out of nothing. What I said was fine.

What the fuck is a scruple by the way?

Axl is no outlaw. Despite what he might like to think. The reality is that he is a coward, all talk and no action.

It takes guts to go against the wishes of the teeming hordes, dude. Most people seek safety in numbers.

By that argument you can support anything anyone has ever done because actually every living person has their "own scruples and our own brain". Stop trying to create an argument out of nothing. What I said was fine.

What the fuck is a scruple by the way?

Buy a dictionary or learn to use google, I'm not your mom.

As for 'by that argument you can support anything anyone has ever done' - don't talk such utter shit, read what people actually wrote. 'If you respect an artist', brain trust, I may have said that for a reason. Are you really that stupid or is this some sort of weird novelty act?

Utter crap quite frankly! Why the fuck does he have to make such a big deal about everything? I mean what's this all about?

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

Who actually gives a shit what it's all about and the intricate details? Turn up, eat, drink, be civil, accept your award and sing a couple of songs! Done! That's all there was to it without getting into all this other shit.

Do as you're told. Shut up and play nice. Bark doggy! Roll over. Now shake hands.

Utter crap quite frankly! Why the fuck does he have to make such a big deal about everything? I mean what's this all about?

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

Who actually gives a shit what it's all about and the intricate details? Turn up, eat, drink, be civil, accept your award and sing a couple of songs! Done! That's all there was to it without getting into all this other shit.

The thing I genuinely can't understand is some of the people calling out Slash for bringing Myles along. I mean what was the alternative if they were going to perform seriously?

Tupac hologram??

It takes guts to go against the wishes of the teeming hordes, dude. Most people seek safety in numbers.

And some seek it by running away and hiding.

Do as you're told. Shut up and play nice. Bark doggy! Roll over. Now shake hands.

Or just act like a grown up for one evening knowing just how much it would mean to millions of people and then go back about your business?

Acting like a grown up only means compromising your integrity, beliefs, putting on a nice suit, shaking hands with people you despise and paying $3000 for the privilege in the world of investment banking, not in rock and roll. It may just be that Axl Rose became a rock star because he wanted to tread his own path somewhat.

The thing I genuinely can't understand is some of the people calling out Slash for bringing Myles along. I mean what was the alternative if they were going to perform seriously?

Has nothing to do with Myles. They hate slash and don't want to see him in any way associated with gnr. It will never matter what he does, they'll hate him for as long as axl does.

Does he even know that Cleveland booed at the very hint of his name

Exactly which overwelming positive reactions is he talking about? He good slashed at Gn'R forums, media outlets and at the ceremony...

And again, even in this letter he can't say even say a single word about the old members; he even can't say 'congratulations to Slash, Duff, Steve and Matt for being inducted etc.'

Is that so hard?

Grow up Axl. Atleast show you face, instead of writting letters (if you even write them by yourself, which I highly doubt).

Choosing not to pay 3 grand to attend an event to shake hands with people you don't like is not running away and hiding.

Going by this letter, Beta has obviously kept Axl locked in a closet with ear muffs for the last 3 days, and has only just recently let him out to take a quick peak at HTGTH.

HTGTH was negative also Jarmo was deleting and arguing for 3 days. I would really like to know where he saw this positive feedback.

Exactly which overwelming positive reactions is he talking about? He good slashed at Gn'R forums, media outlets and at the ceremony...

And again, even in this letter he can't say even say a single word about the old members; he even can't say 'congratulations to Slash, Duff, Steve and Matt for being inducted etc.'

Is that so hard?

He did say 'congratulations to the other artists who were inducted'. Don't you consider Slash, Duff, Steve and Matt to be artists?

He was out 3 or 4 days before the show with Lana Del Rey and will be going off to Europe to tour there next. Who says he's hiding?

Every time you choose not to attend an event, its because you're "running away" from something?

Is that so hard?

Grow up Axl. Atleast show you face, instead of writting letters (if you even write them by yourself, which I highly doubt).

To be fair neither did the other guys aside from matt. To axl I mean.

Choosing not to pay 3 grand to attend an event to shake hands with people you don't like is not running away and hiding.

If that's ALL this event was about, you might have had a point.

People really need to stop pretending that giving somebody a Lifetime Achievement Award or Hall of Fame induction is some kind of fucking hardship. Get over yourself.

Edited by axlsalinger