Does Axl owe a final apology?

axlsfury

I kind of feel like he owes those guys an apology for making this HOF thing into a fucking debacle and not acting graciously about the whole thing. He should have congratulated them on the achievement, it was the collective that made it in. He could have done it diplomatically while snuffing out the concept of a reunion.

So, the shit continues and the opportunity to end it came and went. I wonder if people really do want to move on sometimes.

Edited by axlsfury

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First letter:

"congratulations to all the other artists being inducted" as seen here: http://www.facebook.com/notes/guns-n-roses/axls-letter-to-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-guns-n-roses-fans-and-whom-it-may-/10150928055678222

Second letter:

"My congratulations to the other artists inducted." as seen here: http://gunsnroses.com/news/72701

-----

:book:

Edited by gunsguy

no the damage is done, any apology will be cheap

Axl blew it when he decided not to suck it up and show up with the old guys for 1 night

Now the old guys are in no position to accept his apology

No. He doesn't owe them an apology.

He is what he is.

It would have been cool if he would have went and performed for the FANS that have supported him over the last 25 years.

It would have been cool if giving his fans a treat was more important than a grudge against the RNR HOF or one ex-band member......but Axl has to keep his integrity. Which means his own personal demons come first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and his fans come seventh.

How about playing three songs - giving his fans an absolute thrill - and then at the closing of the last song saying "that was for the fans, the RnR Hall of Fame can kiss my ass" and then walking off stage.

But keeping his integrity and being a rock n roll badass was more important than giving the fans a "thank you."

BUT he certainly doesn't owe the ex-gunners an apology.

I doubt they want one.

They went and had a fun time. Played some music, saw lots of people, gave the fans a treat.

I kind of feel like he owes those guys an apology for making this HOF thing into a fucking debacle and not acting graciously about the whole thing. He should have congratulated them on the achievement, it was the collective that made it in. He could have done it diplomatically while snuffing out the concept of a reunion.

So, the shit continues and the opportunity to end it came and went. I wonder if people really do want to move on sometimes.

I don't. Axl/ Izzy not showing up was the coolest thing in that ceremony.

Oh, wait, you were talking about the original member... in that case, yes it would be cool if he talke to them.

Btw, I think he did congratulate them in his last letter... didn't he?

Edited by Chewbacca