Does Axl owe a final apology?

axlsfury

The only person Axl should feel sorry for is himself. I think everyone had a blast without him and he missed out on what would have been a really great and positive experience. Not even Axl Rose gets an opportunity to celebrate like that very often. Life is short. Holding grudges and watching the HOF induction on youtube instead of participating himself just makes Axl seem kind of sad.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck no. You realise that if he did attend we probably would not have gotten a performance at all? In fact he may have actually made it less of a "fucking debacle"; he made it easier for them to get a performance together. The former members came across as "heros" for giving the "fans" what they wanted, to the point where everyone is calling them "Guns N' Roses". The only person Axl's hurt here is himself (and possibly the current band) so what else do you want?!

And he did congratulate those being inducted, he may not have directed it to former members specifically but you can take it as you may (positively or negatively). Yes, the letter could have been more diplomatic but really, who the hell expects that from Axl? I was surprised that the letter was as polite as it was.

Edited by KiraMPD

I kind of feel like he owes those guys an apology for making this HOF thing into a fucking debacle and not acting graciously about the whole thing. He should have congratulated them on the achievement, it was the collective that made it in. He could have done it diplomatically while snuffing out the concept of a reunion.

So, the shit continues and the opportunity to end it came and went. I wonder if people really do want to move on sometimes.

Diplomacy sometimes doesn't work... I think some people who, in spite of Axl's previous statements were still hoping for a reunion, needed to realize for once that it's not gonna happen at least "not in this lifetime"

Being diplomatic about that may have contributed to give these people some hope IMO

I kind of feel like he owes those guys an apology for making this HOF thing into a fucking debacle and not acting graciously about the whole thing. He should have congratulated them on the achievement, it was the collective that made it in. He could have done it diplomatically while snuffing out the concept of a reunion.

So, the shit continues and the opportunity to end it came and went. I wonder if people really do want to move on sometimes.

Maybe he congratulated Izzy and Duff personally.

The Rock Hall didn't acknowledge GNR overall, they picked a period in time, and it's NOT how Axl sees GNR.

I don't think it turned into a debacle at all. Axl got positive feedback from fans, and so did the inductees. Win/win as far as I'm concerned.

No apoplogy is nessesary he did everyone a favor not showing up. The music was better and I especially liked the boos every time his name was mentioned. Please Axl continue to hide and blame the world for your problems.

a congratulations would have been sufficient.

He did congratulate all artists who have gotten inducted, in the last letter and again this time. Did you bother reading the letter at all or are you just going by your coagulated prejudices?

a congratulations would have been sufficient.

He did congratulate all artists who have gotten inducted, in the last letter and again this time. Did you bother reading the letter at all or are you just going by your coagulated prejudices?

"Coagulated predjudices" Nice use of verbage. :thumbsup:

He did congratulate them twice. Somehow, you missed it. He was as diplomatic as is possible for him in the two letters. He owes them no apologies whatsoever, its his life and he can choose to go or not to go to an event if he wants.

Are you demanding similar apologies from Izzy? Where's your thread for that?

He did congratulate them twice. Somehow, you missed it. He was as diplomatic as is possible for him in the two letters. He owes them no apologies whatsoever, its his life and he can choose to go or not to go to an event if he wants.

Are you demanding similar apologies from Izzy? Where's your thread for that?

Don't see anybody going after Izzy or Dizzy,Transparent haters.