Had nuGuns been inducted

blackrose87

He would. And he would've performed. Wouldn't be in shitstorm he is right now. And everyone would be happy as both nuGnR and old GnR would've been inducted. Just my opinion, tho.

There would be an uproar if the new band was inducted! People would be so pissed off! I would be a little upset too.

Why? I don't get how sharing merit with other people makes your own less valuable...

I love the new line up, but... what have they done to deserve to be in the HOF?

Many would question that indeed but, as CD is, in my opinion, a freakin' masterpiece, I'd be a little suspicious by defending them. I agree they were not essential for GnR's historic/legendary status but they're still part of GnR. I think part of the 'mystique' GnR currently has is because of Axl's controversial moves with GnR since 1998. Even if the buzz around GnR is MUCH inferior to what it was back in the day (which is kinda inevitable it would happen, but not this much), the controversy around GnR helped value the old line-up in a way.

I don't know. I'll just use the easy way out: Josh Klinghoffer was inducted. :xmasssanta:

Yeah I wouldn't mind if the new guys were inducted but KISS isn't even in the HOF... Gene would lose his mind if the new guys got in there before him. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He would. And he would've performed. Wouldn't be in shitstorm he is right now. And everyone would be happy as both nuGnR and old GnR would've been inducted. Just my opinion, tho.

There would be an uproar if the new band was inducted! People would be so pissed off! I would be a little upset too.

Why? I don't get how sharing merit with other people makes your own less valuable...

Many would question that indeed but, as CD is, in my opinion, a freakin' masterpiece, I'd be a little suspicious by defending them. I agree they were not essential for GnR's historic/legendary status but they're still part of GnR. I think part of the 'mystique' GnR currently has is because of Axl's controversial moves with GnR since 1998. Even if the buzz around GnR is MUCH inferior to what it was back in the day (which is kinda inevitable it would happen, but not this much), the controversy around GnR helped value the old line-up in a way.

I don't know. I'll just use the easy way out: Josh Klinghoffer was inducted. :xmasssanta:

Yeah I wouldn't mind if the new guys were inducted but KISS isn't even in the HOF... Gene would lose his mind if the new guys got in there before him. :D

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Gene'd have a heart attack. Other than KISS, it's hard to believe Rush, Deep Purple, Motorhead and Iron Maiden aren't in! Those were some of the most important bands of their genres! :shocked:

EDIT: I was thinking and I came to a conclusion: As much as I love nuGnR, they don't deserve to be in the HoF. Dave Lombardo wasn't inducted with RHCP 'cause it wasn't an important phase for them, so the same would apply with GnR. But IMO, Gilby should have been inducted!!! I stand by that!!!

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

Probably. It still wouldn't make the hof relevant in any way, shape or form though.

don't kid yourself, if Axl went that wouldn't be part of the debate here on mygnrforum

Yeah, because people would magically gain an influx of respect for something that they knew was a joke beforehand just because Guns was inducted. :rollseyes:

One of us is kidding ourselves, sorry to say, it isn't me.

If it had Axl's approval I'm sure a certain group of forum members would do just that, the reasonable posters who don't attach themselves to either "side" are a very thin minority around here.

You are neglecting the fact that not every Axl supporter supports every single thing that he does.

The only reason I support Axl is because of the music. I think that he was the most important member of the old band and I think CD is way better than anything put out by any of the alumni. That doesn't mean that I agree with what he does in his personal life. I do feel he is a grown man that should be able to make his own decisions though. His decision on the hof could not have made me change my opinion that the hof is nothing more than a joke, no matter what he would have done. I don't form any opinion of my own based off of what anyone else thinks.

The hof has quite a few people to induct and quite a few people to kick out before I will ever give it acknowledgement as anything more than a disgrace.

No actually I'm not, I'm referring to a specific group of posters that you often associate with. I'm well aware of Axl's supporters who can still think for themselves, I consider myself one of them.

I'm with you on the RNRHOF 100%, but lets be real, if Axl attended there wouldn't be a need to debate its legitimacy. It would be far too interesting for anybody to be talking about that in every thread, it kinda becomes irrelevant when that much of the original members are in one place, and we wouldn't have the typical ass kissers trying to validate the decision not to attend.

exactly.

There is a core group that defend almost everything Axl does, dislikes anything that Axl dislikes, and feel its their need to attack anybody who says something negative about Axl.

Smooth you typically agree with these people, and you get pretty insultive to people you disagree with.

But I have seen you not worship Axl 100% like posters like angeles and Ali do.

You honestly don't think that if Axl would have showed up and played, that the Ali and angeles type posters would change their mind and would praise the hof instead?

Sorry Groghan, but I'm not even going there. I can only speak for myself. It's the only thing I'm comfortable doing. I do know that for every nutthugger, there are at least 2 dingleberry chewers that are just as bad on the opposite end of the spectrum.

And yes, I can be an insulting son of a bitch at times, but most times it is well deserved.

Probably. It still wouldn't make the hof relevant in any way, shape or form though.

nobody would be saying that, after all, people here were creaming themselves when CD was nominated for a *ahem* Juno... :xmassrudolph:

Edited by moreblack

nobody would be saying that, after all, people here were creaming themselves when CD was nominated for a *ahem* Juno... :xmassrudolph:

What the fuck's a Juno?

Canada's version of the Grammys.

What the fuck's a Juno?

Thanks. It's just another award given to a million artists that I don't give a shit about then.

What the fuck's a Juno?

Thanks. It's just another award given to a million artists that I don't give a shit about then.

again, wouldn't be saying that if they'd won it.

What the fuck's a Juno?

again, wouldn't be saying that if they'd won it.

Actually, I would because I thought that you said that they won it.

If Axl would have played ball with the hall I think we would have seen post slash GNR mentioned at the ceremony and maney a Tommy Stinson / chris pitman induction.

It's not tht they deserve it but look at chili papers and metallic , why did kling and trilio get in?

I think it comes down to Axl and his unwillingness to cooperate an play along. IMO there was ALOT of talk behind the scenes leading up to the scab comment from Adler. Because that when Axl s demands on the hall weren't honored and OG GNR found out it was a no go.

The hall is just an industy patting itself on the back much like the academy awards. It's politics and in te end it's money. If you play ball you reap the benefits, if you don't then well........

I don't really care either way. Sure it would be great to see OG GNR but I knew Axl wouldn't show from the getgo.

I do think if Axl rose said he was going to the hall o fame and would perform with select original members, that we would have seen a much different HOF and maybe even a shaklers or OMG! Lol

Yes I am speculating alot but makes sense to me.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Gene'd have a heart attack. Other than KISS, it's hard to believe Rush, Deep Purple, Motorhead and Iron Maiden aren't in! Those were some of the most important bands of their genres! :shocked:

EDIT: I was thinking and I came to a conclusion: As much as I love nuGnR, they don't deserve to be in the HoF. Dave Lombardo wasn't inducted with RHCP 'cause it wasn't an important phase for them, so the same would apply with GnR. But IMO, Gilby should have been inducted!!! I stand by that!!!

Yes he would! :rofl-lol:

I agree. Since Matt was inducted, Gilby should have been too.

Had the current version of guns been inducted into the RoRHOF along with the original guys would Axl have shown up and would he have performed with Slash, Duff and Steven??

Nu Guns doesn't deserve to be there. Even they would agree to that.

he might have gone cos it seems like it was more the hof reunion dreams that really stopped him from going. if everyone was being reasonable...he seemed up to go before he found out the details. maybe he was hoping his current guys could play.

he might have gone cos it seems like it was more the hof reunion dreams that really stopped him from going. if everyone was being reasonable...he seemed up to go before he found out the details. maybe he was hoping his current guys could play.

Damn,and I was thinking it was because Tracey and Roberta weren't inducted.

Maybe he was upset that Buckethead wasn't even considered.

Big bag is not a happy bunny.

Big bag is not a happy bunny.

:(

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

why the hell would anyone want to induct nu Guns? For what?

As the villainous, unorthodox, alternative continuation of a classic, heroic, & anthemic band.

Why was that new Chilli Peppers guy inducted?

If putting 21st cen Guns into the Hall was the compromise for Axl's involvement; I think the organisers in hindsight would feel it a worthwhile deal. Given the anti-climatic, underwhelming nature of the would be spectacular 'GN'R' induction.