Imagine the intensity...

Lim

I would be interesting in reading this book, but honestly - how long do you think it would take to write?

I'd much rather he spent his time making music.

If he wants to put out his version of things, authorise someone else to do an official biography.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interesting in reading this book, but honestly - how long do you think it would take to write?

I'd much rather he spent his time making music.

If he wants to put out his version of things, authorise someone else to do an official biography.

We lose the Axlness of it if it's ghostwritten.

He hope he does one where he just tells funny stories and drinking benders he went on with Baz. kind of skip all the heavy politics stuff a do something life affirming like Dave's Crazy from the Heat.

It would definately keep some people hopping,trying to overanalyze each sentence,decode/decifer/make the Davinci code and the Zodiac code look like Dr.Seuss.

Green Eggs and Ham is some Illuminati shit.

I believe my thesis on this has already been made clear in the Task Force thread:

mygnrwearegame.png

from birth we were brainwashed to think that top hats were cool when really they were tools of an elite group of bankers and mafia bosses that control the media thus forcing us to bow down to the consumerism of happy meals in a haze of prescription drugs.

would rather dig the intensity of a new album of songs.

Album/blu-ray/book combo.

Get this Guns N' Roses combo while you can:

Chinese Democracy II/Blu-ray Live in London 2010 (featuring special guest Duff McKagan)/Axl Rose's Book: Fuck you Slash/2-hour interviews with Axl and the boys about CDIII on DVD/1-day with Axl Rose in California on DVD.

Price: $99.99.

I'd buy it :)

Guest Len B'stard

Honestly? I don't think he's capable. Unless he had total artistic freedom to make it as long and as rambling as he likes cuz, and this will sound rich coming from me, he tends to fuckin go on a bit :lol: I mean i sympathise, i have a similar sort of illness where when i write about something i feel it's important to cover ever single little base so there's no questions remaining and cover every little detail no matter how relatively irrelevant it might seem. I mean he'd be a fuckin editors nightmare. And if Izzy was really right that one time that the guy has like, extensive notebooks with things like "well, on April 18th 1988 you told me, and i quote..." then it's gonna be a book long in the fuckin coming. But yeah, he doesn't strike me as the sort of person who has a book writing disposition, or even particularly someone that likes revealing so much about himself which i guess it's still possible to write an autobiography without revealing too much of yourself as Marlon Brando managed it as did Bobby Dylan. I dunno though, personally, i don't think he could do it, it don't strike me as his kinda thing. I mean anybody could do it but from what we're led to believe his disposition is like, he ain't an ideal candidate.

something tells me his 'autobiography' would be not unlike what those who saw pieces of salinger's work over the years claimed those to be: impossible to really put in any kind of order and sort of haphazard. i don't think axl kept a diary with the intentions of publishing it, so it's probably like thousands of pages just written stream-of-conscious, randomized, not really for any of us to read.

i'd love to read them but i don't think they'll ever see the light of day, or at least not while you or i are still alive.

Edited by Estranged Reality

would rather dig the intensity of a new album of songs.

Album/blu-ray/book combo.

Get this Guns N' Roses combo while you can:

Chinese Democracy II/Blu-ray Live in London 2010 (featuring special guest Duff McKagan)/Axl Rose's Book: Fuck you Slash/2-hour interviews with Axl and the boys about CDIII on DVD/1-day with Axl Rose in California on DVD.

Price: $99.99.

I'd buy it :)

In a heartbeat. Nice choice of show too. We can work on the book title. :D

Honestly? I don't think he's capable. Unless he had total artistic freedom to make it as long and as rambling as he likes cuz, and this will sound rich coming from me, he tends to fuckin go on a bit :lol: I mean i sympathise, i have a similar sort of illness where when i write about something i feel it's important to cover ever single little base so there's no questions remaining and cover every little detail no matter how relatively irrelevant it might seem. I mean he'd be a fuckin editors nightmare. And if Izzy was really right that one time that the guy has like, extensive notebooks with things like "well, on April 18th 1988 you told me, and i quote..." then it's gonna be a book long in the fuckin coming. But yeah, he doesn't strike me as the sort of person who has a book writing disposition, or even particularly someone that likes revealing so much about himself which i guess it's still possible to write an autobiography without revealing too much of yourself as Marlon Brando managed it as did Bobby Dylan. I dunno though, personally, i don't think he could do it, it don't strike me as his kinda thing. I mean anybody could do it but from what we're led to believe his disposition is like, he ain't an ideal candidate.

You ramble? No way.

9 volumes, 850 pages each. I'd buy them all and after reading them keep them on the shelf next to The Wheel of Time and The Dark Tower.

Imagine the intensity of an Axl Rose/Stephen King collaboration...and the length of it.

Axl actually did name The Stand as one of his favorite books in the long-ago forum chats, and Stephen King has mentioned being a Guns N' Roses fan and made references to GNR in several of his books.

9 volumes, 850 pages each. I'd buy them all and after reading them keep them on the shelf next to The Wheel of Time and The Dark Tower.

Imagine the intensity of an Axl Rose/Stephen King collaboration...and the length of it.

Axl actually did name The Stand as one of his favorite books in the long-ago forum chats, and Stephen King has mentioned being a Guns N' Roses fan and made references to GNR in several of his books.

Who would die?

I thought the topic said 'insanity' and that'd be spot on. The amount of run-on sentences in this book would be overpowering, though he seems to have worked on that since the forum chats. Maybe someone gave his letters a once-over before they went sent out.

something tells me his 'autobiography' would be not unlike what those who saw pieces of salinger's work over the years claimed those to be: impossible to really put in any kind of order and sort of haphazard. i don't think axl kept a diary with the intentions of publishing it, so it's probably like thousands of pages just written stream-of-conscious, randomized, not really for any of us to read.

i'd love to read them but i don't think they'll ever see the light of day, or at least not while you or i are still alive.

Most people don't write their own bios, they either do a bunch of long interviews, or they write it to the best of their ability, and let someone like Neil Strauss or Anthony Bozza fix the rest of it for them. A lot of people didn't know Henry Rollins ghostwrote David Lee Roth's book, but it was more about editing down. Roth had something like a 1500 page manuscript, some fans have seen that and an unreleased script for the "Crazy From the Heat" movie,courtesy of his former bodyguard/manager, whom he had a falling out with a decade ago.

Slash's book had a writer, and we all know about Adler's book.

I think Duff wrote every single word in the book and dealt directly with the publisher. Makes sense when he's a columnist/blogger for a living.

Alxl would prob. work on a bio with Del if it came time for something like that, but prob. not for another 15 years. Some people write the books because it's guaranteed money, some people write it because they did a lot in a short period of time ,and want to get it down before they forget about it when they get old. Shatner wrote "Star Trek Memories" when he was still making the movies, and said he was glad he wrote it when he did, because he forgot a lot since then.

Billy Joel decided not to release his, and all the interesting things about his life was in the "Last Play at Shea" documentary.

I think if Axl wrote it the way Dylan wrote "Chronicles", it would be easier to do something like that, then reveal everything. People really don't want to read about "rock star lifestyle" stuff as much as they do about firsthand stories about his life before GNR, and during the Chinese Democracy sessions, what was going on at that time. He doesn't need to write about 86-93 when it comes down to it, although I'm sure he observed as much as he was living at the time.

He's a good storyteller, but if he had the urge to sit down and write, I'd actually like to see him do it how Bob Dylan did it. He didn't reveal anything about relationships in that book, no real "dirt", just important times in his life that had to do with his work. People didn't get why he picked those times except the fans. Great read, too.