Imagine the intensity...

Lim

I think his real story would be a fantastic read but then this is Axl we're talking about so I imagine one actually written by him would be fucking boring!

How could anything by Axl be boring?

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant' date=' know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!![/quote']
Edited by Flayer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt it would be shelved in the fiction section upon release. Or Mental Disorders.

Axl said his autobiography is more like a log of every event that he perceived crucial to GNR's existence post-breakup.

So it would read like:

"April 3, 2002 - Slash vaguely alluded to me in an interview with Spin Magazine. He said he was talking about Bon Jovi BUT I KNOW he was talking about me.

June 6, 2004 - The paperboy came again today. Another one of Slash's operatives. I send Beta out to get the paper and say our house belongs to Don Rickles. Slash is very persistent, as this operative comes at the same time every day."

I don't think it would be completely possible for him to write one, not that he couldn't write, but the length he uses to explain things is almost always extremely long. You want him to explain his whole life?!?

Before asking if he can write one, ask yourself if you'd want (or be able!) to read a 50,000 page book first.

I think his real story would be a fantastic read but then this is Axl we're talking about so I imagine one actually written by him would be fucking boring!

How could anything by Axl be boring?

Because it would be 50,000 pages of how it's all everybody else's fault and Axl is a terrible writer when it comes to actually making a point. I've no doubt that the story is fascinating but I can imagine it being a very dull read based on the Axl chats and open letters etc etc.

That's probably because you seem to face grave difficulty ever finding anything positive about Axl.

I've read the Axl chats and the open letters etc and its always been fun to read what Axl has to say, he has a great sense of humour, is obviously intelligent and has a unique perspective. His point has always been clear - there wont ever be a reunion but since this causes major heartburn for some people, they try to obscure the point.

He is the same guy who wrote killer lyrics for GN'R and is very direct when he wants to but I don't expect him to invite lawsuits by being no holds barred. When he gave an interview to LA Times, they had to edit it heavily for fear of legal ramifications.

According to MSL, he already have a part of axl's autobiography ...

sincerly,

your commander in chief

According to the Oxford English Dictionary "sincerely" has two of the letter "e". :rolleyes: Actually I'm surprised SoulMonster wasn't all over that like a rash with his little red pen. :lol:

I didn't know that. English is not my first language, you know.

Do you have some kind of obsession with me? Should I be worried?

The problem with an Axl bio is he'd re word, twist, how ever you want to view it, into something that while probably being true, will be written to suit his needs, build him up, deflate others, and generally be a crock of sh-t.

The problem with an Axl bio is he'd re word, twist, how ever you want to view it, into something that while probably being true, will be written to suit his needs, build him up, deflate others, and generally be a crock of sh-t.

Can it both be true AND a crock of shit?

No autobiography is gospel, Axl's would be no exception. It would be nice to have Axl's side of the story, now that we have Slash's, Steven's and Duff's.

Slash - 'there's was this moment when all was red..'

Duff - 'there was like, er.. you know, when all was red..'

Adler - 'hey i'm telling ya.. it was all red..'

Axl - 'at that precise moment.. all was blue..'

Except that Duff's comment on Slash's book was that he remembered many things differently from Slash.

As for Steven, he has blamed Slash as well for treating him poorly. But that's where nobody is going to jump up and down trying to prove to the world how right Steven happens to be. When he attacks Axl though, he's the convenient mouth-piece for many people's own obsessions and so his "infectious smile" and "child-like ways" are romanticized.

Lol :lol:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Axl- I don't care that the managers, record companys, ex-band members, old girl friends and roadies all said the same thing. They were all wrong because I'm right! And if he could deliver the book to the publisher by chapters they will be delivered 14 years apart.

I just want to hear Axl's part of the story told by the man himself in full transparency: no lawyer talk, no measuring words to make sure he won't get sued, no avoiding certain matters, just saying what the fuck made him do what he did and what the fuck made him hate Slash's guts so much. Concrete facts, situations, conversations, not the usual impossible-to-comprehend Axl stuff. If he's really telling the truth about it all, I'd like to listen to it, y'know? I don't think he'll ever do it though...

Yeah sounds good. I would love to hear Axl's take on everything GNR, but also how he grew up and what made want to be a musician.

I bet it would make the Dirt look tame and that's saying something.

I doubt Axl will do it since he seems to be a super private person about his personal life.

I think Axl would like to forget parts of his past, so we should respect him for that and take his word that he has a very important reason for feeling like he does for Slash.

It would be interesting hearing his story of the breakup of the old band, why he was reclusive in the 90's, why he got cornrows, why cd really took so long, why he throws so many people out, etc, but I doubt it will ever happen. For one, so many things that need answering, the book would be a foot thick, not to mention he's a perfectionist, so it would take years for him to finally have something he wanted to publish.

I image the book would be very long one. He seems to remember every detail of things.

But, it is something I don't think he will ever do, he is a private person most likely because everything he says is twisted by the media, fans and ex-band members,

Sure the book would sound one sided it is HIS point of view about how thing happened. Just like any other auto biography.

Yeah, time for Axl to share his lies that contradicts the lies of his former bandmates

So, you don´t even know what Axl has to say but you presume it´s al lies ... :rolleyes:

No, just saying they all have their own versions of the truth. I think the most credible former members are Duff, Gilby and Matt and even they stretch the truth. Axl and Slash, they lie more.

He hope he does one where he just tells funny stories and drinking benders he went on with Baz. kind of skip all the heavy politics stuff a do something life affirming like Dave's Crazy from the Heat.

It would definately keep some people hopping,trying to overanalyze each sentence,decode/decifer/make the Davinci code and the Zodiac code look like Dr.Seuss.

Green Eggs and Ham is some Illuminati shit.

Definately,was recently contemplating the existential properties of Red Fish,Blue Fish. The Mayan Calendar ain't got nothing on Dr. Seuss,the answers are in there.

I must keep striving to decode the Seuss Quatrains.

Yeah, time for Axl to share his lies that contradicts the lies of his former bandmates

So, you don´t even know what Axl has to say but you presume it´s al lies ... :rolleyes:

No, just saying they all have their own versions of the truth. I think the most credible former members are Duff, Gilby and Matt and even they stretch the truth. Axl and Slash, they lie more.

:huh: Matt? Really not interested in his viewpoint,Baron von Storm lacks credibility.

Gilby :lol:

the problem being, that everybody has heard Slashs side of the story a million times, now they just believe it, i remember just after Axl came on here and chatted with us.

I was having a conversation about GnR with a guy at work and he was saying how axl had refused to go on stage one night unless they signed the rights over, I tried to explain that was blackmail and that representatives of the band would have taken Axl to court over that, i even cited what axl had said in the chats.

and he was just like.

"Nah man, everyone knows that's what happened"

When DLR left Van Halen he didn't say a word about his former bandmates for ages and everyone thought he was polite for doing it and they were scum Axl and slash do it and its the other way around

That falls under the auspicious category of "the true myth" ie: a story gets repeated so many times that the majority accept it as truth,even when alternate versions are more viable.

I honestly think people as a species don't like to think or delve into anything that challenges their mindset.

Yes, the things you've just said have been scientifically proven. The "illusion of truth effect", in which frequently repeated statements are more readily accepted as true.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/07/11/how_facts_backfire/

There's also been a study that found that misinformed people rarely change their minds when exposed to new, correct facts and will often become even more entrenched in their misinformed opinions than before. Human minds have built-in defense mechanisms against admitting that they were wrong. The phenomenon of confirmation bias is that we tend to accept only facts that support our existing viewpoints and reject those that contradict them.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16656_6-brainwashing-techniques-theyre-using-you-right-now.html

There is also the argumentative theory of reasoning, that our fundamental reason for learning is not to find the truth - it's to gain authority over other people, to win arguments.

High Five Flayer! :)

It's more important for some to present a faux facade,then to Chase down the truth which as we all know can be unpleasant and painful to face,much less admit;The most serious look anyone can take is the look inside-to be honest with yourself and find out why you believe,and think the way you do.Most people don't take this trip,and prefer to remain superficial,I was never "Socially Adept",and I'm a voracious reader- everything from Frederick N. To William Blake,Jung,Castenada,Stephen King to Joseph Campell,basically everything I get my paws on.

Truth is a double edged sword,but that razor edge keeps everything sharp,although painful at times,Society has never been accepting to people that tell the truth.It's like J.Lennon said "Don't be serious,because once people know they will crucify you" (my paraphrase).

Also,somewhere is a quote saying Evil is allowed to perpetuate when good men see it and choose to not act/respond to it.By not responding you become an enabler,a silent participant.

Strongly agree w/your statement about fundamental reasoning,enjoyed this post immensely :thumbsup:

If Axl wrote a book (he won't) but it would be one long incomprehensible sentence about how traci guns-steven: Erin Everly: Allan Niven- izzy; Stehpanie Seymour Gilby...Slash-Matt;Josh...roByn...Tom...Buckethead.. Brain: rOybn AGAIN.... the record company: the media... his grandma...His mom... his dad- the fans-Merck..Azoff: Doc...RNRHOF: slash again....the fans.... ETC ETC all consprired to fuck him over emotionally and financially..... i see only one common trouble maker in this thread..... I'd read the book though... would love too!

and with no disrepect to his childhood and what he endured.... but Axl doesn't do any wrong.. EVER.. didn''t you know?