Future of Slash

sergiodefenders

Future of Slash  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slash's debut solo album is the sole of his LP I have listened to as much as a genuine GNR album.

In Term of creativity, VR never impressed me, but I have to admit I am a little disappointed by the second album, Apocalytic Love.

Myles Kennedy is a decent singer, but he may not be the right guy for creative process. Even if I appreciate the albums of Alter Bridge.

I think Slash needs a co-writer as much as Axl needs a guitarist. Let's hope they figure that out before one of them dies.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new album but myles is too soft for slash and imo Weiland is not talented enough to be with slash. i think slash should go like jeff beck and do an instrumental album just fucking Slash making guitar songs and letting loose at least for the short run and in the long run he should find a strong vocalist and re team with duff thats my feeling

Weiland might not be the best fit for slash, but to say he aint got the talent is preposterous.

Slashs problem is that all his guitar solos these days are made up in the spot and rushed. Apparently he used to think them out a bit more in Gnr maybe he should do that now too. Apocalyptic love is a great album but the solos themselves don't standout when they obviously should.

Everyone is getting all critical over nothing here.. Slash is happy with what he is doing. Record sales don't mean shit these days and 1,500 - 3,000 seaters are good numbers for any guitarist to play at. I would say Slash is more successful than most guitarists that venture out on their own. The new album is frigging phenominal as well as the solos.. Fuck, Anastasia alone is worth the price of the album.. Slash is in his 50's, aside from a GnR reunion I would consider what he is doing a sucess and it isn't going to get much bigger. Those days are over.

Everyone is getting all critical over nothing here.. Slash is happy with what he is doing. Record sales don't mean shit these days and 1,500 - 3,000 seaters are good numbers for any guitarist to play at. I would say Slash is more successful than most guitarists that venture out on their own. The new album is frigging phenominal as well as the solos.. Fuck, Anastasia alone is worth the price of the album.. Slash is in his 50's, aside from a GnR reunion I would consider what he is doing a sucess and it isn't going to get much bigger. Those days are over.

Slash isn't in his 50's. He is 46.

Eventually, money becomes a factor

Slash's latest album has sold poorly (it's going to take it 4 weeks to reach the first week total of his solo debut album, which sold 60K in week one) and there aren't any hit singles on it. It's going to struggle to reach much more than 100,000 copies sold in the US. He's touring 1500-3000 person venues and is not coming close to selling out the larger end of that.

The name of the game now is touring. Velvet Revolver's last album/tour both performed poorly, but that band can still command bigger venues, charge more for its tickets, etc. than Slash can as a solo act. My guess is that they reform VR with a new singer who is something of a big name, but is not big enough or veteran enough to really rock the boat.

out of curiosity, do you happen to have the numbers for Duff project, and Matt's as well as Dave?

Slash on his own is doing better than the others on their own.

i bet he's doing better than Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society and i don't see Zakk wanting to leave that project anytime.

according to your theory the only way to play music is to be in superbands?

i can see him releasing another solo disc before even attemping to get back on VR.

so yeah, following your theory, it'll probably be the other members pushing him to reunite than Slash pushing the others to reunite.

I have to add that the live shows now with this band are better than any band Slash has been with since Guns.. The guy is at the top of his game and is just fucking blistering from start to finish. I loved VR but let's face it, Slash wasn't as free to be himself in that band. The songs weren't as lead guitar oriented and that left less room for him to rip it up live. Watching "Stoke" right now.. Just so bad ass..

I have to add that the live shows now with this band are better than any band Slash has been with since Guns.. The guy is at the top of his game and is just fucking blistering from start to finish. I loved VR but let's face it, Slash wasn't as free to be himself in that band. The songs weren't as lead guitar oriented and that left less room for him to rip it up live. Watching "Stoke" right now.. Just so bad ass..

I have to agree that Slash performed a good show here in Paris (Zenith 2011), although the sound check was not done professionally, and the sound quality was disASStrous. I was extremely angry about it.

I'm not really interested in Slash's new music at this point outside of VR w/Scott.

For the record, AL fell to #19 in it's 2nd week on the US Billboard album chart. Based on the fact that the #1 album sold 65,000 copies, I would estimate Slash's album probably sold around 14,000 copies this week. I would expect the album to drop into the 30's next week.

Slash's album fell to #44 in it's 3rd week on Billboard. The #1 album sold 75,000 copies, so I'm guessing Slash probably sold around 5,000 or so.

Haha this is too easy to answer, put it this way...

Would you rather see slash play Nightrain or Big machine laugh.gif That's a no brainer.

fuck velvet shitty revolver, tasteless, boring solo's, and all there songs sound the same. Slash solo is the way forward, and it's the way forward for slash's career, his popularity has increased so much by leaving that washed up band. The other guys are better off in VR, but not slash.

But think this, if he comes to Velvet Revolver, Slash will not play songs such as Watch This, Ghost, Nothing to Say, Starlight or By the Sword AND ANY Snakepit song again... <_<

I don't care for those songs anyways to be honest. I'll probably get shit for saying that but the only songs I like of his solo albums are the ones with Lemmy and Iggy.

Velvet Revolver was an amazing band.

Velvet Revolver was an amazing band[2]

I'm not really interested in Slash's new music at this point outside of VR w/Scott.

For the record, AL fell to #19 in it's 2nd week on the US Billboard album chart. Based on the fact that the #1 album sold 65,000 copies, I would estimate Slash's album probably sold around 14,000 copies this week. I would expect the album to drop into the 30's next week.

Slash's album fell to #44 in it's 3rd week on Billboard. The #1 album sold 75,000 copies, so I'm guessing Slash probably sold around 5,000 or so.

for someone who's "not interested" you seem to be doing a good job keeping track of the album don't you?

keep it up :thumbsup:

lol

Edited by dario27

for someone who's "not interested" you seem to be doing a good job keeping track of the album don't you?

keep it up :thumbsup:

lol

I'm still a fan of Slash, even if I don't care for the new album. It is just interesting how some people here think Libertad bombed. So far, it has sold better than the new Slash album. My "reporting" is as simple as looking at the Billboard 200 on Thursdays to see where the album is. Takes about 30 seconds. A few people in this thread commented on how it would sell and I thought some might be interested in the info. But now since you know where to go, I'll stop posting....just go to Billboard.com on Thursdays if you care.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like VR back, or an Izzy & Slash collab.

And if he wants to work with popstars, I'd like to see him do something with Kelly Clarkson.

I say drop Myles. The guy is too soft for Slash's sound.

Yeah, Myles comes across as too much of a "nice guy"... :lol:

I say get VR rolling again! Preferably with Scott... >_>

Yeah, Myles and his voice are very safe. It seems like Slash wants to be drama-free, which is understandable.

Edited by Babooshka