NME: 18 Reasons Why Axl Rose Is The Biggest Douchebag In Rock

SMG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ people emailing the author

His job is to drive traffic to that site based on his article, even if that means pissing off a few fans. No blogger or author gives two shits about your whiny ass because of some article on the internet.

No one here gives a shit about your objective, observational ass, I'm having lulz at tearing the shit out of this guy and look forward to seeing if he can be milked for any more laughs at his expense.

A few thots...

• Tommy Hilfiger deserved to be walloped
  • The Bob Gucione Jr thing was hilarious
  • The Offspring are tools
  • The pigeons of shit metal thing was appropriate, especially given their music and that wannabe-celebrity jesse hughes
  • Fuck metallica and their stock riffs
  • Poodles do suck
  • The fan he kicked out was starting fights with other people in the crowd. It was the opposite of douchiness to kick him out
  • As for velvet revolver, slash ran his mouth too
  • Kurt wasn't progressive, he was a big rockstar frontman too, whether he admitted it or not
  • Tough shit as far as the old band goes

Metallica? 4 words - Some Kind Of Monster.

And if someone wants to make Axl happy? Edit together all the interview shit Slash said about Axl over the years...

A few thots...

• Tommy Hilfiger deserved to be walloped
  • The Bob Gucione Jr thing was hilarious
  • The Offspring are tools
  • The pigeons of shit metal thing was appropriate, especially given their music and that wannabe-celebrity jesse hughes
  • Fuck metallica and their stock riffs
  • Poodles do suck
  • The fan he kicked out was starting fights with other people in the crowd. It was the opposite of douchiness to kick him out
  • As for velvet revolver, slash ran his mouth too
  • Kurt wasn't progressive, he was a big rockstar frontman too, whether he admitted it or not
  • Tough shit as far as the old band goes

Metallica? 4 words - Some Kind Of Monster.

And if someone wants to make Axl happy? Edit together all the interview shit Slash said about Axl over the years...

If they did edit the interview stuff that Slash has said what everyone would see is that it is not any harsher that anything Duff or Izzy said. Axl is just bitter because Slash left him.

Edited by sleeper

Of all of the reasons that Axl is a douche, this list was pathetic. I mentioned it when The_Universal_Sigh originally posted this last night, but they are using Weiland is a fraud and Duff is spineless against Axl when it was Slash that said it. Axl just quoted him.

There are plenty of valid reasons to call Axl a douche, I don't see a need to attribute things to him that aren't his.

1. What's NME?

2. The dude that wrote this looks like a total pussy.

3. Based on his list and criticizing Axl for quotes from 1992 about things like monogamy just show this dude is a total hipster pussy.

If anyone reads this and takes it seriously, please exit stage left, because obviously rock n roll aint for you. Maybe modest mouse has openings for more fans though.

Some cool jokes in there, some left me feeeling WTF? but I guess that's what american music journalism is all about.

I got to give the gingerhaided one props for hating on poodles though, goddamn they are disgusting. to mutate a wolf into something so small and pathetic is a crime against ... something. it has to be.

Another anti-Axl piece that makes no sense. They spend 17 bullet points bashing the guy (is there really a HUGE difference between "dreads" and "corn rows"? they used two different points for that?) But then of course, after mocking the guy, they beg him to get back with the old guys. You can't cuss and harass the guy and then get on your knees pleading with him for a reunion. I'll never understand this. All of these people bash Axl making fun of his hair, his weight, his clothes, his "plastic surgery", his weirdness, his tardiness, his disrespect for the fans, talking about how he can't sing anymore, but then they whine and cry because he won't go back to Slash. If you hate the guy that much, why???

T.H.I.S

It's a common occurrence though, people "hate" on Axl yet simultaneously cross their fingers for a reunion. I really don't understand that way of thinking. Some people should just get their priorities straight... :rolleyes:

Edited by KiraMPD

Poodles are worse than cats, and that says a lot!

Atleast the felines are you know, for the most part, quite natural and healthy little critters.

poodles are disgusting mutants, prone to all sorts of nasty medical problems due to the intense amounts of sick inbreeding required to create the already mentioned monsters, and they were created from the DNA of wolves for christs's sake!!!

to emphasize:

WOLF:

timber_wolf.jpg

from the same DNA, via completely horrible inbreeding and fuckedupness we end up with:

POODLE:

poodle_skipper234_3-33.jpg

Jesus christ. F them poodles, mayne. Axl is right.

My reply to Number 6 is: Axl Rose is still here and Kurt Cobain isn't.

As for the first one about the Induction into the hall of fame, I think since it's over, let it go. It was Axl's choice not to be associated with his original bandmates. Respect it and move on.

I just love how people constantly talk about the wrongs Axl's done. No one can judge another person unless you have all the facts. you can disagree with someone, but condemning them because they don't do what you want, is just stupid and wrong.

Does it change your life personally whatever Axl does? No not unless your life revolves around Axl's and then that's just plain sad.

By the way - here is the email of this incompetent prick: priya_elan@ipcmedia.com

Maybe someone could write him something nice...

I just sent a message.

"**** the formalities, that article was hands down......the biggest

piece of **** i've read this year. To say the least, I support Axl Rose,

not for every decision he's made,but for the most part....I do,

but what you wrote was simply malicious,

boring text, it had no meaning whatsoever. You're not worth anymore of

my words.

**** you. You poser indie ****ing piece of **** ****. Please, please

please, cut off your hands, and take out your tongue, you're not

worthy to be alive."

Ifelt I was rather calm, yet effective with my words..

You're a moron.

What a crap article, especially for #9 Vancouver fan toss. The fan fucking deserved to be tossed, Axl did the crowd a favor. But of course NME doesn't bother to mention why the fan was thrown out. :thumbsdown:

I was there and the crowd loved it when Axl booted that guy out of the show.

Edited by ITW 2012

i think its tongue-in-cheek. if not, a lot of those are blatant fabrications.

No, it's more head-in-ass. This guy skimmed the Guns N' Roses Wikipedia page and clicked the "Axl Rose interviews" link at the bottom to find some quotes.

Please oh please someone explain to me, why people start acting like their 4 fucking years old, when the slightest whiff of bad talk about Axl emerges, the worst part is, it's usually that exact same people that defend him. Instead of thinking you're all this with a couple of words, why not actually argue against the point? Sometimes I can't help but facepalm.

Rage-meter up! ARGH. I hope the author of that article gets hit by a car..

Yeah, you're right!

More dumbfuckery: that "when the going gets tough, the tough get an Uzi" quote is completely out of context and was not Axl's own words.

From a Del James interview:

The reason I bought the Uzi is because this guy was going to rent me this house, then started dicking around, jacking up the price. He wanted more money than it was worth. I was so pissed off that I bought the Uzi. I've always wanted an Uzi. Everybody talks about machine guns and shit. I realized the only reason I didn't go for it was I thought I'd freak out with it. Now that I own a couple of guns, I also understand the responsibility that goes along with them. I never take them anywhere unlocked or loaded. Dig this : I saw this ad in Soldier of fortune magazine that said 'When the going gets tough, the tough get an Uzi.' Let's get tough!

Also, holy fuck was Axl a crazy fuck back in the day :xmasssanta:

This dumb shit could have written about how Axl actually went and bought an Uzi cause he was pissed at his jerkass landlord.

Edited by Flayer