Marc Canter interview

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Why havent any publications given us dark details of this elaborate control? After all, they would have access to the same industry people you do.

In this Classic Rock article on page 4, Tom Zutaut and Doug Goldstein both claim Beta controls access to Axl and that everyone has to go through her to talk to Axl. I would say this can be viewed as controlling him to an extent.

http://www.4shared.com/office/Zc4DbDzm/CRMarch2008.html

Do we know if this is with or without Axl's consent? If Axl just doesnt want to be bothered, he may have told her to be the first line of communication before he decides to respond personally.

It's like saying Tom Hagen controlled Michael Corleone in "The Godfather". He needed someone to handle things that he didn't want to deal with, and she had said in her interview her relationship history was kind of shitty and focused all her energy on her kids and Axl. He's not going to call a restaurant and book the table, she is. When they go into a city and he has friends there, she's going to be the one to touch base with them. And like I've mentioned, she prob. calls ahead to find out if Slash was going to be eating at the same restaurant Axl wanted to go to. If there's legal issues, she prob. deals with the easy basic stuff, but he has a lawyer for the bigger things.

It gives him some breathing space, and when he's in a creative zone, he prob. doesn't want to be distracted.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like saying Tom Hagen controlled Michael Corleone in "The Godfather". He needed someone to handle things that he didn't want to deal with, and she had said in her interview her relationship history was kind of shitty and focused all her energy on her kids and Axl. He's not going to call a restaurant and book the table, she is. When they go into a city and he has friends there, she's going to be the one to touch base with them. And like I've mentioned, she prob. calls ahead to find out if Slash was going to be eating at the same restaurant Axl wanted to go to. If there's legal issues, she prob. deals with the easy basic stuff, but he has a lawyer for the bigger things.

It gives him some breathing space, and when he's in a creative zone, he prob. doesn't want to be distracted.

Exactly. Beta has as much chance of remote controlling Axl as Tom Hagen would have had Michael Corleone thumbsup.gif.

Why havent any publications given us dark details of this elaborate control? After all, they would have access to the same industry people you do.

In this Classic Rock article on page 4, Tom Zutaut and Doug Goldstein both claim Beta controls access to Axl and that everyone has to go through her to talk to Axl. I would say this can be viewed as controlling him to an extent.

Do we know if this is with or without Axl's consent? If Axl just doesnt want to be bothered, he may have told her to be the first line of communication before he decides to respond personally.

Thanks for putting it so clearly. That's what I would think: she acts under Axl's direction, not the other way around. If a boss told his assistant to not let anybody into his office unless he approves of the appointment, its not "control" but following the direction you received.

This is why it is frustrating to discuss topics with you. (And the fact you have no problem whining and crying about people calling you names......while you consistently call people names.) This poster posted an answer to one of your questions, addressed by two people who have intimate details about Axl's and Beta's relationship. People who know 100% more than you do - because they were actually there. And your respose is to question them!!!!!

I could have Axl show up to your house and confirm what I said personally, and you would still come on here and say that it was taken out of context. But sure. Zutaut and Goldstein are probably wrong, and your view is probably correct.

You can keep using the persecution thing. It doesn't bother me, if that's what your goal is. You complain about being labeled a Nutter........but you have no problem labeling me in every post you make. Hypocritical? Yes, for sure. But I'm a coward, remember, so who really cares what I think anyway! Persecuted? Ha, no. Just pointing out what a hypocrite you are. And how you lie in your posts. I do admit though, that it is fun to get you all angry and worked up. Seriously though, you say you are in your 30s? At that age, you shouldn't be so close-minded on issues concerning a rock band, and you shouldn't get so upset over what anonymous people post. If I cause you so much angst, put me on ignore. Pretty simple.

So keep calling me names, keep labeling me, keep arguing with people who were actually involved with Axl and thinking YOU know more than they do.........and keep worshipping Axl's every move!!!!

I come here to chat about my favorite band, not get into pissing matches with people like you. If you want to discuss specific topic related issues, and not go off on multiple tangents, and lie about things you've said in the past, and do so without using insults - then I will respond to your posts. But if you continue to just want to argue and use insults - I will not respond to you.

Now back on topic.............

Entirely irrelevant post which again reinforces the fact that you couldn't answer any of my questions.

As I already said several times, I question Axl's decision to put Beta in the management position but keep going on with the "worshiper" line since that's all you have left. You said you wanted to talk issues, I asked you precise questions about an issue you raised and you came up with nothing except more of the same.

As for your confusion about the first line of communication being the same thing as "control", see my post above and that of Archer and dsalsh.

Thanks for putting it so clearly. That's what I would think: she acts under Axl's direction, not the other way around. If a boss told his assistant to not let anybody into his office unless he approves of the appointment, its not "control" but following the direction you received.

I agree. Everyone has to go through my Assistant to get to me. she briefs me on a lot of requests, but they contact her first. I would never get anything done if I had to deal with all of that. And I'm not a public figure. Can you imagine how many people try to reach Axl?

I agree. Everyone has to go through my Assistant to get to me. she briefs me on a lot of requests, but they contact her first. I would never get anything done if I had to deal with all of that. And I'm not a public figure. Can you imagine how many people try to reach Axl?

It's called "assistant" for a reason.