Marc Canter interview

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

i will always follow Axl and what he does musically, even if it's not been much, if one song gets released in another 10 years i will probably take a listen to it.

but the need some poeple have over him is just embarrasing, i kinda understand why he goes hiding.

Edited by dario27

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Slash left just cause Axl didn't like all his songs, I think it's a bit immature on Slash's part. He jumped ship in that way.

Axl was never gonna release anything for Guns without Slash's consent unless Slash decided to leave. I think the other guys have just as much blame as Axl considering they let him take charge of the whole thing.

Ps, the article really makes Izzy look like a prick. Not cool at all I think, just leaving like that.

Slash's head was too big for his little hat in those days,Axl was willing to work with a few songs,but Slash tore out,taking his songs/riffs with him,we all know how Slash isn't gifted with lyrics, The SFTD riffs were added to slash's work,not obliterating his work.

You can read about the full story in Slash's book.

Slash tells the story, and goes onto mention how Axl turned it into something else. But there you go.

Slash ment well, and Axl used it as an opportunity to play war.

Did he explain why he denied it publicly after Axl mentioned it?

slash doesn't explain, but Canter explains it in his interview:

Marc: No, seriously Slash lies. (laughs). Axl was right about that in a sense but the way that Slash lies is that he lies to make himself look cool for the most part.

Cut Angeles some slack,this came from a reputable source,now watch as all the "slash defenders" try to whitewash this :lol:

I heard that when the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser. Wonder if it applies here...

Without a doubt Bruno! Marc has known Slash his entire life and describes him as a liar,that's about as cut and dry as you can get!!

Great to talk atcha again friend! :thumbsup:

Axl wants Slash to behave like a bitch.

respect to Slash for being his own man and not dance to Axls twisted,psychotic drums.

They were both asking for things that the other didn't want to do. That is why it is no ones fault. They needed a break from each other.

this sounds reasonable to me.

great interview and thanx for clarifying.

Without a doubt Bruno! Marc has known Slash his entire life and describes him as a liar,that's about as cut and dry as you can get!!

Let's not take Marc's statements out of context. Read the entire interview. His point was simply that Slash has told some white lies in the past, he tells "lies" in the same way that almost every human adult occasionally lies. To spare somebody else's feelings, keep an actual truth under wraps, trying to look cool in public, etc.

The only difference between Slash's "lies" and things Axl have said that were proven to be untrue, is that in Axl's mind they weren't lies. That does not mean they both have not stated things that were not true.

It's like Axl's most devoted fans have started treating him as some twisted, bipolar God that can do no wrong.

Absolutely fascinating.

Remember how Izzy said that Axl was obsessive with press statements and interviews the ex-members did over the years? Izzy said Axl started contradicting things in their conversation a few years ago with statements like "But in Spin Magazine on August 23, 1997 you said...".

That's not healthy. Axl's "autobiography", which Axl admits is just a timeline of everything that he recorded as having happened with the band post-breakup, probably reads like a serial killer's diary.

And now his most devoted fans have taken to using the same tactics against anyone who dares besmirch the good name of Axl Rose.

Amazing, really.

Let's not take Marc's statements out of context. Read the entire interview. His point was simply that Slash has told some white lies in the past, he tells "lies" in the same way that almost every human adult occasionally lies. To spare somebody else's feelings, keep an actual truth under wraps, trying to look cool in public, etc.

The only difference between Slash's "lies" and things Axl have said that were proven to be untrue, is that in Axl's mind they weren't lies. That does not mean they both have not stated things that were not true.

Hi Salinger,

A white lie,and a black one are essentially the same ie: if you were quenched for thirst and a farmer offered you a pail of water with just the smallest bit of cow manure in it,would you drink it?

The most believable lies are injected in a flock of truth.

It's like Axl's most devoted fans have started treating him as some twisted, bipolar God that can do no wrong.

Absolutely fascinating.

Remember how Izzy said that Axl was obsessive with press statements and interviews the ex-members did over the years? Izzy said Axl started contradicting things in their conversation a few years ago with statements like "But in Spin Magazine on August 23, 1997 you said...".

That's not healthy. Axl's "autobiography", which Axl admits is just a timeline of everything that he recorded as having happened with the band post-breakup, probably reads like a serial killer's diary.

And now his most devoted fans have taken to using the same tactics against anyone who dares besmirch the good name of Axl Rose.

Amazing, really.

A "serial's killer diary" :lol:

Had no idea they kept diaries with them,it was mentioned in the chats that Bipolar was not the definition nor a probabability.

Grasping for Straws there Zippy. :xmassrudolph:

Axl will never love you - get off the internet and make something of yourself.

Just like Axl will never bend to you and your cupcake army's demands. Whoops! Just like you get off on trolling Axl and people who aren't hung up on the name thing on the internet, I get off on watching Axl drive you people looney tunes. Seriously. Keep on with your campaign to criticize Axl. Clearly whatever it is you're hoping to accomplish is working. :eyeroll:

Also, just a thought, wouldn't you agree it's a bit hypocritical for YOU to be telling him to get off the internet and make something of himself? I mean, let's be honest, most of your posts are complaining about something, mostly Axl. In the end, you're just a complainer who short-circuited when Marc Canter exposed Slash's self-serving narcissism. Whoops! hahaha

Absolutely fascinating.

Amazing, really.

You are wrong just like your friend axlsalinger. Marc already said that Slash is a liar and that Axl is not. Sailaway is right - nice to see ya around again buddy :D

You all want proof?

http://www.google.com.br/search?q=%22i+have+known+axl+very+well+for+23+years%22&hl=pt-BR&safe=off&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser-type&v=141239410&prmd=imvns&ei=s1-cT7OdPPGN6QGQss2WDw&start=0&sa=N&filter=0&biw=533&bih=320

This search should lead you to Marcs statement. There you go. End of discussion. ;)

You are wrong just like your friend axlsalinger. Marc already said that Slash is a liar and that Axl is not.

Marc also said that the Illusions lineup got together in 96 and when it fell apart, Slash took songs to be on the Snakepit Album which was recorded in 1994. So, whatever. Axl lies too.

Marcs comments have opened my eyes to the roles the overs played in the breakup and pinpointed th slash lying thing.

Let's be honest here though. Everyone has lied probalbly several times in their life. If you deny that, well you are fucking lying.

So I don't buy into the whole, Marc said slash is a liar, therefore slash is evil and the one who ruined the band ....... BULLSHIT!

They all played a role, and IMO, izzy leaving was the start of the end. Axl had his late starts, no shows, no communication, diva antics, ect, izzy just couldnt soberly handle what the band had become and wouldn't put up with axls shit. Slash got the big head and left and ran his mouth not to axls liking.lol. Duff left ect.

Absolutely fascinating.

Amazing, really.

Izzy wasn't interviewed by Spin Magazine in 1997, period. Much less any August issue.

Absolutely fascinating.

Amazing, really.

Izzy wasn't interviewed by Spin Magazine in 1997, period. Much less any August issue.

"statements like"

I'll find the original quote later.

Marcs comments have opened my eyes to the roles the overs played in the breakup and pinpointed th slash lying thing.

Let's be honest here though. Everyone has lied probalbly several times in their life. If you deny that, well you are fucking lying.

So I don't buy into the whole, Marc said slash is a liar, therefore slash is evil and the one who ruined the band ....... BULLSHIT!

They all played a role, and IMO, izzy leaving was the start of the end. Axl had his late starts, no shows, no communication, diva antics, ect, izzy just couldnt soberly handle what the band had become and wouldn't put up with axls shit. Slash got the big head and left and ran his mouth not to axls liking.lol. Duff left ect.

I agree completely. It wasn't completely anybody's fault and they all played their role in it. I don't get how anyone says that any of them other than Steven was hung up on it though. They all seem to have moved along nicely to me. I'm happy for all of them. They're all living life the way that they want to and they're still doing what they love.

If a reunion does or doesn't happen, I'm happy either way. I still have the music that they gave me and nothing can take it away. Of course, I'm also interested in any music that the new band might put out too. For the first time in a long while, I'm actually optimistic about that happening sometime soon.

Absolutely fascinating.

Amazing, really.

You are wrong just like your friend axlsalinger. Marc already said that Slash is a liar and that Axl is not. Sailaway is right - nice to see ya around again buddy :D

You all want proof?

http://www.google.com.br/search?q=%22i+have+known+axl+very+well+for+23+years%22&hl=pt-BR&safe=off&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser-type&v=141239410&prmd=imvns&ei=s1-cT7OdPPGN6QGQss2WDw&start=0&sa=N&filter=0&biw=533&bih=320

This search should lead you to Marcs statement. There you go. End of discussion. ;)

It shakes their bones that someone like slash would be labelled a Liar.

This came from a friend that had known him for years and I'm compelled to believe him.

Slash was always on the shady side imo.

The real victim in all of this appears to be reading comprehension.

I'm sorry,I'm sure there is a reading remedial class in your vicinity :xmassrudolph:

Nobody is arguing about who had a bigger role in breaking up Guns. We just proved how Marc said in the past that Slash is a liar - like if the lastest quote wasnt enough. Marc, who is a very close person to Slash and Axl, said that Axl always tells the truth and Slash lies. Big fucking deal. I already had that in mind since way before Marc said that. Slash was proved wrong countless times, Axl was not. Axl is an intelligent person driven by music, Slash isnt that smart and is heavily image driven...not a nice way to show the fucking world how you are all about music. Axl was always open minded about music and Slash was that guy all about hard rock and against ballads and other musical styles. Closed minded guy - rock isnt everything, you all know that. Several years later Slash is begging to play on several mainstream teenager female singers' singles. Axl said that Slash went to Axl's house and he denied that. Later Slash said that he actually went to Axl's house but not to badmouth his band mates. Really...?

I dont think it's hard to tell who's right or who's lying or who's got more integrity.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Nobody is arguing about who had a bigger role in breaking up Guns. We just proved how Marc said in the past that Slash is a liar - like if the lastest quote wasnt enough. Marc, who is a very close person to Slash and Axl, said that Axl always tells the truth and Slash lies. Big fucking deal. I already had that in mind since way before Marc said that. Slash was proved wrong countless times, Axl was not. Axl is an intelligent person driven by music, Slash isnt that smart and is heavily image driven...not a nice way to show the fucking world how you are all about music. Axl was always open minded about music and Slash was that guy all about hard rock and against ballads and other musical styles. Closed minded guy - rock isnt everything, you all know that. Several years later Slash is begging to play on several mainstream teenager female singers' singles. Axl said that Slash went to Axl's house and he denied that. Later Slash said that he actually went to Axl's house but not to badmouth his band mates. Really...?

I dont think it's hard to tell who's right or who's lying or who's got more integrity.

God Bruno you are such a cunt, show me where Marc said that (I want those exact words) and i'll buy you a case of beer. Keep on spinning it mate.

You are wrong just like your friend axlsalinger. Marc already said that Slash is a liar and that Axl is not.

Marc also said that the Illusions lineup got together in 96 and when it fell apart, Slash took songs to be on the Snakepit Album which was recorded in 1994. So, whatever. Axl lies too.

Its a long interview and Marc Canter probably either just messed up the date and said 1996 when he meant 1994 or combined two different sets of possible song stacks (the Izzy ones from 1996 and the Slash ones from 1994) and spoke of them together in the later part of the question. Whenever he logs in here again, somebody can ask him.

One thing is for sure: whether is love or hate, Axl is obsessed with Slash.

Axl said that Slash went to Axl's house and he denied that. Later Slash said that he actually went to Axl's house but not to badmouth his band mates. Really...?

Ok, here you gave us one Slash's lie. What more?

Slash had said that Axl rejected his songs out of hand and that's why he used them for Snakepit and later Axl turned around and asked for them. Marc, on the other hand, says that Axl HAD wanted to work on 3 or 4 of them and Slash just got big-headed and left with the whole bunch. Another place where his version does not jive with Slash's.

Meanwhile Gilby has said that not just Axl but also DUFF remained mostly unimpressed by the songs that ended up on Snakepit and did not think they were GN'R quality. This puts a very different complexion on things and doesn't support the "Axl was just being mean and dismissive of Slash's vision so Slash went and did Snakepit" type of narrative.

Edited by rabia

Absolutely fascinating.

Amazing, really.

It really is something isn't it?

I know that the bipolar thing is a touchy subject but I feel axls mental problems play a big role in all of his problems of yesterday and today. The problem is, there us no test to tell if someone is bipolar. I don't think axl is necessarily by polar but more OCD like Marc mentioned. His obsessions with slash affect alot according to Marc. It also sounded like to me this STILL is a very big problem. At this point, I don't want a reunion, I just want axl to be in good spirits and do his thang. But it does seem that axl is in much better spirits lately, so maybe he has started to move past this obsessive behavior in regards to slash, "perfecting" his creations. I don't necessarily think that his obsession is all about slash. I think he obsessed over music, the media, past members versions of the truth, the band, the forums. Etc.

It all makes for an interesting storyline to go with some great music , so rock on......

My band is about to rip this club apart tonight. Live your life, tht what really matters . What we do........ Take it all in friends.

Yes this is what I was trying to say. Also like the time that Slash whet to Axl's house to try and talk some things out. Beta wouldn't let him in so he left Axl a Cool note. Something like "lets work this out". I think it may have been about the lawsuit regarding some money that the old band didn't get paid for and Axl was not even a-where that the money was not paid. Axl or maybe Beta ended up telling the press that Slash was there and was bad mouthing some of the VR guys and looking to talk to Axl.

Now Slash didn't really have a choice but to deny that this happened. He would then be in very hot water with VR and the last thing Scott wanted to hear would be that Slash was at Axl's house trying to make some kind of peace with Axl. Latter on Slash changed his story a bit and said he did go to Axl's That a good example of being trapped in a corner. I would have also lied about this if I were Slash and I am one who pretty much would only lie to get out of a parking or traffic ticket or something to hide that would be very embarrassing like this incident would have been.

The problem is Axl seems to be more upset with what Slash has said in the past and Slash really has no idea what most of those things are. As far as Slash was concerned he quit the band for a lot of different reasons and after 5 years or so he cooled off and wanted to try to work with Axl again. Axl is like ok first tell everyone what really happened and Slash is like what? Thats why if they got some help they would both know what the other one is thinking and can work on fixing the problems. I'm sure Slash has forgot some of the shit he said about Axl when he was drunk years ago and still pissed and blamed Axl for that line up falling apart. If Axl put it all on a list the things that Slash has said and got it to Slash, it would be a good start.

Edited by recklessroad