New DJ Interview + Plays Ballad of Death in Gibson Showroom

Tyler Drama

As a guitarist, that was quite a bad performance in all honesty. Very sloppy, and not exactly putting his heart into it.

so? to be fair, some of Slash's solos had been very sloppy back in the day as well.

No doubt this isn't the greatest, but consider the environment he's playing in at the studio..not too inspiring either.

As a guitarist, that was quite a bad performance in all honesty. Very sloppy, and not exactly putting his heart into it.

thats the thing with ashba

he is simply not feeling it

I hope he changes his solo part for european tour this summer

thats the thing with ashba

he is simply not feeling it

I hope he changes his solo part for european tour this summer

What does "feeling it" mean exactly? He wrote the thing, I am sure there MUST be some feeling behind it. :shrugs:

I just don't like the guy's guitar style at all. He seems like a nice guy though.

And no, this isn't because I love mainly the old band - I respect and appreciate both Richard and Ron but DJ's playing just seems amateurish to me

Edited by rydog

DJ's playing has always sounded like a kid on youtube trying to copy Slash solos :shrugs:

His guitar is slightly out of tune, probably from the obnoxious (and bad sounding) 3-4 half step bends he does, and his tone just sounds... meh. I like the studio version of this song, and DJ is a great onstage personality, but frankly I'd rather hear Robin solo. That's saying a lot.

:sleeper: That sounded awful. He doesn't play the solo the way he wrote it, very mediocre. Maybe he didn't feel it because he was playing using a backing track instead of a real live band. :shrugs:

this dude has no problem with backing tracks:

My favorite Buckethead song!

That was the worst playing i have ever heard from a GnR member on the past 15 years or so. Every bend made me cringe...that shit is out of tune Ashba. You did it wrong. Very wrong.

I agree, it was awful.

Also still can not get over how Buckethead, arguably one of the most technically proficient guitarists in the world, kept messing up the bends in the final November Rain solo. Every single one of them was flat.

That was the worst playing i have ever heard from a GnR member on the past 15 years or so. Every bend made me cringe...that shit is out of tune Ashba. You did it wrong. Very wrong.

I agree, it was awful.

Also still can not get over how Buckethead, arguably one of the most technically proficient guitarists in the world, kept messing up the bends in the final November Rain solo. Every single one of them was flat.

Yeah, he possibly didnt care enough to play it perfectly...I dunno. On the 3rd 'run' there's a slight difference on the main bit of the solo and he never played it correctly...but even Slash didnt get it right live so thats not a big deal. But to me it seemed that he didnt care enough to make it sound as better as he could. The only guitarist that ever got that bit right live was Ron.

(I think you know what I mean...)

I love Bucket, but I always bring this problem with November Rain up when someone tries to say he never made a mistake or that he was technically better than Bumble. I can't understand how people can't notice that (or even Richard's out of tune bend in this very same song).

His technique and playing is awesome. Also, great song for GNR. He is the ONLY member to write new songs for the band the past 3 years. If only Axl would pen some lyrics...

The only thing off about this performance is the sound. I'm no guiter expert, but either his distortion is wrong or he is playing the song in a different key b/c it sounds different from the live versions we've heard.