Rock Of Ages

dalsh327

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could barely get through the trailer for this movie without bazooka barfing. It looks like an "80s rock" episode of "GLEE" stretched out to a full length feature film.

On the other hand, at least we'll get to see "Dancing With the Stars" hottie Julianne Hough done up in '80s metal rock-chick gear:

julianne-hough-rock-wrapped.jpg

Ohhhh, yass. THAT'S the kinda sugar papa likes!!

I could barely get through the trailer for this movie without bazooka barfing. It looks like an "80s rock" episode of "GLEE" stretched out to a full length feature film.

On the other hand, at least we'll get to see "Dancing With the Stars" hottie Julianne Hough done up in '80s metal rock-chick gear:

It's been a very successful play on Broadway. I'm having a difficult time picturing Tom Cruise doing this. Hopefully he can pull it off!

What's cool is they used Reckless Road do set the look of what it all looked like back then. I also signed a book for Tom. Also there is a Canter's Deli billboard next to the Tower Records in the movie.

That's pretty gnarly, but it looks like the cinematography is all wrong for this film. Looks like it's going to ruin the vibe a bit.

What's cool is they used Reckless Road do set the look of what it all looked like back then. I also signed a book for Tom. Also there is a Canter's Deli billboard next to the Tower Records in the movie.

That's pretty gnarly, but it looks like the cinematography is all wrong for this film. Looks like it's going to ruin the vibe a bit.

As long as people enjoy it, that's what matters. Not everyone enjoys musical comedies.

• 1 month later...

*Bump*

What did the people who saw this movie think of Tom's Axl impersonation? tongue2.gif

Say what you will about the singing, but Stacee Jaxx was the best part of the movie - every time he's off the screen, you just can't wait for him to be back.

Tom has his detractors, but the man continues to surprise and who wouldn't want to be in that good shape at 50!

Edit - Baz, should have got a better role in the movie - as one of Tom's bodyguards, maybe.

Edited by The Archer

I actually enjoyed it. Just went as it was the only thing on at my cinema at the time I was there, so I thought why not. Spent most of the movie pissing around with my girlfriend, but whenever I did watch the film it was enjoyable. Say what you want about Tom Cruise, but he can actually be very funny, and he is in this film too. He is by far the best thing about the film. When he talks about the fire phoenix it is literally hilarious (his delivery coupled with the quasi-epic guitar instrumental in the background). So yeah, I rated it :)

xXx

Tom Cruise is the pinacle of lame this will be more embarrassing than the couch incident or the scientology interview.

the guy is a hack.

this

That's funny- a couple of nobodies calling Cruise a hack. You wish you were half as successful as he has been........ He is a bit strange at times though, I'll give ya that.....

worst movie ever!!!

Yeah, it must be since it tanked at the movies this weekend.

I heard some of the songs sung in commercials and I hated them all and I loved all those songs in the 80's and still do.

They should have let the original bands sing the songs and the actors lip them! lol

I predict this movie gone within two weeks and on dvd by Christmas. I won't be seeing it or buying it or seeing it on cable.

Nah- it wasn't that bad. It was kinda fun to hear alot of kick ass songs and "see the strip" again. It was what it was....as long as you don't go in with high expectations and just sit back and watch/listen you'll have fun. And I don't really like Tom Cruise.

Tom Cruise is the pinacle of lame this will be more embarrassing than the couch incident or the scientology interview.

the guy is a hack.

this

That's funny- a couple of nobodies calling Cruise a hack. You wish you were half as successful as he has been........ He is a bit strange at times though, I'll give ya that.....

I'm sure if I had that sort of money, I'd also do whatever the hell I wanted too.

the guy is a hack.

this

I'm sure if I had that sort of money, I'd also do whatever the hell I wanted too.

are they butthurt that Cruise sang it better than Axl does these days? :question:

the guy is a hack.

this

are they butthurt that Cruise sang it better than Axl does these days? :question:

Haha, he sings it fine - but I'm guessing that might be a point of contention.

I actually enjoyed it. Just went as it was the only thing on at my cinema at the time I was there, so I thought why not. Spent most of the movie pissing around with my girlfriend, but whenever I did watch the film it was enjoyable. Say what you want about Tom Cruise, but he can actually be very funny, and he is in this film too. He is by far the best thing about the film. When he talks about the fire phoenix it is literally hilarious (his delivery coupled with the quasi-epic guitar instrumental in the background). So yeah, I rated it :)

xXx

How close was it to Tom in "Magnolia"? Some people who watched it were bringing that up, and Tom was doing a hybrid Axl/Bret Michaels.